• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
If they had a problem with the mlg ruleset it should have been brought up beforehand, and not as a consequence of being caught breaking it. Breaking rules for profit motives never looks good.
Splitting clearly has a impact on the integrity of the game and the community though, it reduces incentives to win or lose, and relationships between success and reward. Its anticlimatic to spectators because it changes the championship to a friendly, and it ultimately makes mlg look bad for offering these reward structures for their events.

I respect that m2k owned up to what happened and apologized to mlg and the community, although I wouldn't have said that he did it because its the only way to get unbanned from Dallas...
Apologizing with the expectation of reward makes it look less of an apology
u clearly didnt read one post in this thread...

JFXSora

Smash Rookie
From what I've read I understand.
Most likely you'll be unbanned, just next time keep it between you two and even if you thought you'd lose don't give up. You never know what could happen.

Best Of Luck

- JioFreedx

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Kline (KaoStar) what you don't understand is splitting is HIGHLY FROWNED UPON outside every community besides smash. They think it's the lowest thing you can do, especially in a championship type match. MLG does not approve of splitting, which is why M2K + ADHD are in the situation they're in at the first place =p

I think that's pretty cool that Clap is reviewing over everything, that should give a pretty good indicator you both might be reinstated for Dallas. if you guys get unbanned, you should probably never even joke about splitting again, and not talk to him right before or during the set lolz. I don't even know if Lil Poison got a review after getting banned during H2 MLG lol.

The problem is MLG thinks(or originally thought) ADHD gave M2K $300 for the forfeit which would warrant a ban, but that's not what happened
This was something I posted on my FB wall.
[COLLAPSE=my thoughts]This is what Im under the impression that they violated
THE RULES CLEARLY STATE THAT: "No players may engage in 'intentional Forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate Rankings or Brackets,' with one of the possible penalties for such a violation being a competition ban."
This was what I was under t...he impression they were being charged with.

I honestly do not believe that its constitutional to tell players what they can/cannot do with their own money.

there is NO evidence that Im aware of that they tried to change the outcome or intentionally try to control the bracket. Forfeiting is legal in MLG, but only in the sense of "I give up" not I think X player has a better shot at winning so Ill let him go ahead.

I believe they are claiming that M2k felt ADHD would be able to beat RIch brown the diddy player and that it was an intentional forfeit in attempts to control the bracket.

I dont really see how they could prove that, especially since ADHD never officially agreed to "split" rather he would give m2k 200-300$.

According to the players, the set was real, M2k tried to win, he just didnt belive he could. He is a lil ***** like that sometimes and has those Im the best player in the world but I cant beat this guy moments all the time. There is much evidence to support that just by reading many of his posts and player testimony stating many occasions where m2k is seen demonstrating these sorts of actions.

I just dont see the problem unless they can prove that this was an executed attempt at more money between the two of them by taking the bracket into their own hands.
[/COLLAPSE]As long as there was no agreement or talks about potentially altering the outcome of the match, I honestly cannot find an issue with it whatsoever.

When two players agree to split, the verbal contract goes into effect after both players have been given their final standings and prize monies distributed. Im having trouble understanding how frowned upon=breaking of MLG rules.

chaingrabbing is frowned upon, but its not against rules.

I think that unless there is hard evidence that Jason attempted to acquire more money by allowing ADHD to advance because he had a better chance at winning then they did nothing wrong. Not just M2k didnt think he could win, but that he specifically allowed ADHD to win.

Since ADHD usually beats him why would anyone even question the outcome of the match in the first place. Had they not agreed to split or whatever happend, ADHD would tapped that *** anyway.

{MLG is just being gay, they mad cuz nintendo isnt backing the game as a competitive event and they are just looking for excuses to get rid of brawl.}
none of that ^^ is probably actually true lol, cuz they can do what they want blah blah blah but this whole thing is stupid.

The S Word

Smash Cadet
Just look at what happened with Michael Jackson. An amazing singer, whose reputation was ruined by accusations of him being a child molester, which he was never actually charged for (he didn't do it).
Are you insinuating that M2K touches children?
Because it's not true. It is not true that M2K touches children.
You should be ashamed, spreading these completely false rumors that M2K touches children.

Hive

Smash Lord
u clearly didnt read one post in this thread...
I'm sorry for lying to everyone, I don't want to be known as a liar, I just wanted to win dallas and didn't know what else I could do. I hope everyone can forgive me. I'm sorry to MLG, Sundance, and to the fans and the community for the negative exposure we've brought. This will not happen again.
They told me to post this story, or to post this story, and that this was the only way I could save myself from being banned at Dallas.

Everything you contradicted me on is in the opening post. Did you read it?

Jem.

Smash Master
Everything you contradicted me on is in the opening post. Did you read it?
Mew2King was referring to the lies he was told to tell, not this truthful story. He decided to make this on his own, and seems to have gotten a lot of love for it with 550+ responses and 17,000+ views

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
^ I was going to say that... but i think hive is dumb, so he prob would have argued anyway....

Palpi

Smash Hero
If someone felt lying was the wrong thing to do, he/she wouldn't have done it in the first place, regardless if someone told them to do it or not.

----^ that came out kind of wrong...but w/e

Hive

Smash Lord
jem said:
Mew2King was referring to the lies he was told to tell, not this truthful story.
His apology was towards the whole exposure the entire event brought to the community and the quote below showed that he was sorry for the splitting as well.

I had no confidence going in, so I tried to make a deal with him. It wasn't any one reason, it's just a few stupid bad reasons that I was thinking about before I had to fight him. I didn't realize that what I did was so bad until afterwords. It was a horrible mistake.
And all I said was that he owned up to what happened and apologized to mlg and the community. Which he did. So idk what you guys are *****ing about. I'm not even saying that his apology somehow makes this whole event ok either, all I said was that I respected that he did apologize.

Oh and **** you Zeru

Mabans

Smash Rookie
I'll give him credit for trying to save face on all this but honestly what him and other players do in terms of splitting prize money cheapens the competition. What I don't get is how some replies easily defend it as if this is the way it should be.. Here's an scenario that goes out to any of those defends who have jobs. Regardless of what it maybe..

Next time a co-work is out sick, offer to split what you made that day with them, not to make up for it or get paid 2x as much but take your daily earning and split it whatever percentage. If they weren't sick, they would be in there and I'm sure they don't like the idea of missing work. This is everything that M2k is saying, he didn't feel he could win in that format, and whatever other reasons that I'll spare in lieu of sounding redundant. He was "sick" that day.. I'm pretty sure no one wants to do that.. These guys are pros, and what really bugs me is how this can have a bigger ripple effect than just brawl, but for HALO, Tekken, any of the games MLG covers.. Pre-arranged agreements of payments of sharing prize money maybe not be considered tossing a match or match fixing but it definitely reeks of poor sportsmanship and cheapening the very value of competition because you are no longer determining who is the BEST just who are best friends. Hope you guys recover from this..

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
His apology was towards the whole exposure the entire event brought to the community and the quote below showed that he was sorry for the splitting as well.

And all I said was that he owned up to what happened and apologized to mlg and the community. Which he did. So idk what you guys are *****ing about.

Oh and **** you Zeru.

I respect that m2k owned up to what happened and apologized to mlg and the community, although I wouldn't have said that he did it because its the only way to get unbanned from Dallas...
Apologizing with the expectation of reward makes it look less of an apology.

this post seemed like u said he only apologized because he wanted to get unbanned from Dallas
that is not the case... like at all. they never said he would get unbanned if he apologized.

sorry for calling you dumb, though.

Hive

Smash Lord
Apologizing with the expectation of reward makes it look less of an apology.

this post seemed like u said he only apologized because he wanted to get unbanned from Dallas
that is not the case... like at all. they never said he would get unbanned if he apologized.

sorry for calling you dumb, though.
I don't actually believe he said that just to get unbanned from Dallas. I was just saying that he shouldn't have said
They told me to post this story, or to post this story, and that this was the only way I could save myself from being banned at Dallas.
because it can be misinterpreted to look that way.

(thank you for the apology too btw. :) also I'm not a he, although that's a pretty solid assumption talking to new people on the forum heh )

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
It only cheapens the competition if its about the money.

Some ppls reps mean alot more to them then the money. not many lol but some.

You could make an argument that it only takes a lil pressure off the players. Since they both have financial security they may be a lil more relaxed and play a bit better.

A better show for everyone else!

I swear on my mama that the matches themselves is where the competition is at, as long as they go hard there isnt a problem. I dont give a dam what happens after x and y player win the money.

Disclaimer-Im taking a shot at brawl:

game is too dam boring and ppl dont understand fun anymore. The money should just be a bonus.

zer0.

Smash Apprentice
It only cheapens the competition if its about the money.

Some ppls reps mean alot more to them then the money. not many lol but some.

You could make an argument that it only takes a lil pressure off the players. Since they both have financial security they may be a lil more relaxed and play a bit better.

A better show for everyone else!

I swear on my mama that the matches themselves is where the competition is at, as long as they go hard there isnt a problem. I dont give a dam what happens after x and y player win the money.

Disclaimer-Im taking a shot at brawl:

game is too dam boring and ppl dont understand fun anymore. The money should just be a bonus.
People hate losing, and use splitting as an excuse for not trying, so they don't actually lose.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i dont think this is really mature issue, unless ur referring to the comments in this thread.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'll give him credit for trying to save face on all this but honestly what him and other players do in terms of splitting prize money cheapens the competition. What I don't get is how some replies easily defend it as if this is the way it should be.. Here's an scenario that goes out to any of those defends who have jobs. Regardless of what it maybe..

Next time a co-work is out sick, offer to split what you made that day with them, not to make up for it or get paid 2x as much but take your daily earning and split it whatever percentage. If they weren't sick, they would be in there and I'm sure they don't like the idea of missing work. This is everything that M2k is saying, he didn't feel he could win in that format, and whatever other reasons that I'll spare in lieu of sounding redundant. He was "sick" that day.. I'm pretty sure no one wants to do that.. These guys are pros, and what really bugs me is how this can have a bigger ripple effect than just brawl, but for HALO, Tekken, any of the games MLG covers.. Pre-arranged agreements of payments of sharing prize money maybe not be considered tossing a match or match fixing but it definitely reeks of poor sportsmanship and cheapening the very value of competition because you are no longer determining who is the BEST just who are best friends. Hope you guys recover from this..
I admire your spirit, but this analogy is bad.

Finch

Smash Lord
Honestly this is kind of a good thing. This pot splitting bull **** should really not be happening for a game featured in MLG's pro circuit. It's a competition, so be competitive. If you want people to take brawl seriously as a competitive game, then treat it seriously. Otherwise MLG should probably drop it from their circuit because the top players obviously do not respect the money they're putting into it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Melee players being douchebags as usual
smh.............
except yay
that guy is cool
Douchebags? I'm not seeing much of that to be honest.

First off, Kline's opinion on Brawl being boring is, like I said, his opinion.

And at the rate this is going, what he's saying is true. This community is losing sight of the fun factor, money coming first. Sure the Smash community is different in how they do things, but the disrespect and way people carry themselves just isn't looking too good.

In the past, Melee players had the outcry against Brawl (thank god that's smartened up for the most part)

Now? Brawl is losing sight of the ideal that it's your reputation first and thriving to be the best, and money second. If you've got a good reputation and can prove to be one of the best? You've earned the money that comes your way. This is a sport; it should be treated as such. Don't give in and go out with a bang. It's like the Olympics. Play to be remembered and to take those experiences with you in life.

Money just complicates things when that's all that people think about. And then? **** like this happens. That's all I'm saying.

Life

Smash Hero
Fiat justitia, ruat coelum.

translation: "let justice be done, though the heavens fall".

If he turns up guilty, let him be banned. Otherwise, leave him alone. (Same for ADHD.)

(My gut still says he's broken no rules, but I can't know that for certain. And unless you were there, you all _probably_ can't either.)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
So a quick recap-

-My avi is balla. Thanks.

-Brawl kids need real jobs

-Lets bring the fun back

-Yay is pretty tight

-so far I dont see anythng wrong with M2k's/ADHD's actions
omgwtftoph said:
but the fact that m2k and adhd even let it get that out of hand shows how stupid brawl kids are

seriously, if you're gonna split at a big sponsored major tournament, then for christs sakes do it UNDER THE TABLE and don't let anybody find out. these brawl kids are so ****ing spoiled lol... they do...n't know how anything works

LOL MLG Melee, 2004-2007
MLG Brawl, 2010... to 2010

LOL gg

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
the joke is that this thing never even got close to occuring while melee was in MLG for multiple years
That anyone is aware of at least.

Someone could have done this, but just got away with it ( Even though i don't think they did anything bad at at all, i'm just saying what MLG said.)

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Yeah, I wish people played for the competition and recognition rather than money. Then again, when you're good enough to actually make money in this game, maybe that viewpoint changes.

Either way, I hope it works out and we can put it behind us, though I definitely don't think that would change Brawl's future on the circuit, unfortunately. It was good while it lasted, I suppose.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Some of you people ***** too much.

Anyway I read about this, this news is all over the freaking place (Even outside of the main Smash sites). Do you guys know how embarrasing this makes you guys look? Even infants act better than this. This is why nobody wants to associate with the Brawl community GROW UP!!!!

Now I do feel for M2K and ADHD, but you have to admit, that was pretty stupid. Keep your business to yourself next time. That is if there's a next time, the way the community is going I would be suprised if the game lived past 2011.

I was thinking about coming back but screw it now, you guys gave me more doubts.

Screw fire, this thread needs to be buried in the most deepest, coldest pit of hell.

Jem.

Smash Master
Some of you people ***** too much.

Anyway I read about this, this news is all over the freaking place (Even outside of the main Smash sites). Do you guys know how embarrasing this makes you guys look? Even infants act better than this. This is why nobody wants to associate with the Brawl community GROW UP!!!!

Now I do feel for M2K and ADHD, but you have to admit, that was pretty stupid. Keep your business to yourself next time. That is if there's a next time, the way the community is going I would be suprised if the game lived past 2011.

I was thinking about coming back but screw it now, you guys gave me more doubts.

Screw fire, this thread needs to be buried in the most deepest, coldest pit of hell.
Woah bro, infants don't competitively game. inb4 @ lil poisons first tournament he was 5 years old.

zer0.

Smash Apprentice
i just love how melee players fail in accept that their time has past, and externalize their frustation as hate for anything related to brawl, it's so stupidly entertaining.

Life

Smash Hero
And with the instigation from zer0. ...

Brawl vs. Melee

Round...****, I lost count.

FIGHT!
I have two reactions to this and I'm not sure which I'd rather post:

1. I have the sudden urge to hack MK into Melee.

2. Is P:M the referee?

Anyway, I like how the Melee crowd (specifically the ones hating on Brawl in this thread) are forgetting that M2K is also a top Melee player and that this reflects badly on them as well. /tryingtogeteveryonebackontopic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom