• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~The Triforce of Courage~~ An Advanced Guide to Link v1.2

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Will I stay to watch this kingdom crash? Or will I leave to abandon my place here? Any new posts here are my ramblings or another thread closed. Everyone has left. I am alone.

I will stay.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Will I stay to watch this kingdom crash? Or will I leave to abandon my place here? Any new posts here are my ramblings or another thread closed. Everyone has left. I am alone.

I will stay.
As much as the others think so, I don't think every Link mainer has left SWF for good.

We just need a break.

In the words of a famous Austrian man who has become the governor of California with a name which I cannot spell:

"I'll be bahk."

lilmister

Smash Apprentice

I will stay.
I'll stay but still go on AiB as well...I really don't blame the mods for doing their job, I'm just amazed at how much of a change the Link boards went through in less than 12 hours O__o..it's like all hell broke loose.

But anyways back on thread topic...Joe where are you?? Haven't heard from you in ages!! Are you still going to update this guide?

galekill

Banned via Administration
Please stop spamming.
What are you afraid of? Why are you telling us this NOW, I mean we have spammed in this thread for long and in other threads also(cause you caount off topic as spam correct?)
And why was sonics boards migrating thread REMOVED?

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
What are you afraid of? Why are you telling us this NOW, I mean we have spammed in this thread for long and in other threads also(cause you caount off topic as spam correct?)
And why was sonics boards migrating thread REMOVED?
Please...spam or no spam if this thread gets closed because of it then it would be completely unfair for the new Link users who come to these boards as this guide is immaculate to all =/

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
JUST STOP POSTING HERE GUYS. Look at these mods staring hungrily at our boards. There are better places to talk about this...and I think even the mod agrees. AIB.

no worrys guys I have the whole guide in a .txt doc in my PC at my hotmail and at my moms PC so there is no way anything will happen with this guide, if it gets locked I can put it up or if nintenjoe still wants to be in head of it I can send it to him

though its funny how everyone is in fear of a lock.

Come to a land where fear doesnt rule! come to hyrule

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The Q&A thread was not locked out of mod tyranny. Mic_128 specifically said that if the bickering did not stop, he would lock the thread. The bickering continued, so he followed through on his promise.

This thread is not under siege of being locked. Relax. >_>

Lootic, stop advertising AiB. It is an infraction-worthy offense.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
The Q&A thread was not locked out of mod tyranny. Mic_128 specifically said that if the bickering did not stop, he would lock the thread. The bickering continued, so he followed through on his promise.

This thread is not under siege of being locked. Relax. >_>

Lootic, stop advertising AiB. It is an infraction-worthy offense.
Can't you get an infraction on any site for advertising a forum? Seems to be the case lol

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Can't you get an infraction on any site for advertising a forum? Seems to be the case lol
Pretty much. Different communities have varying levels of punishment. Some places don't even let you advertise in your signature. O_o

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Good guide dude, this is the 2nd longest guide I've seen :) (not that longer is better, its just fun to look at really long guides. the other 1st longest guide is for Ness).

Man, come on! If you provided THAT much matchup info for MK (which is itself larger than the average FULL GUIDE), then you're going to need to reserve at lesat another 30 posts for all the other characters, not just 5 reserves!!! XD.

But great guide, thanks for info! Helps a lot :). And good grammer/structure etc, its very easy to read, and more convenient and stuff :).

Corydoris

Smash Rookie
Wow, this is a very In Depth Guide to Link. Very nicely done.
I know I'm gonna have to keep coming back here to improve my game as a Link Player.
Oh! You forgot to put Luigi in The Projectile Spamming List and the Chain Grabbing List.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Great guide :)
I used to be an aggressive player,
but now I guess I`m an adaptive.

Good section on Metaknight-that helps alot.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
This guide is great, It covers all aspects of Link's abilities while maintaining the simplicity of a beginner guide. Even pros will learn from this as everyone would.

TriforceMaster5282

Smash Apprentice
well, needless to say how awesome this is. Thanks for this, my link has improved so much from it! I now tech and shield bomb constantly and undefeated against my group of friends, where in the beginning they thought link was 1 of the worst characters. Now im undefeated, Hot Wheels. BEAT THAT :D

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Holy crap that was great. Long, and I read every word, but it was brilliant. A great guide to Link!

You aren't going to continue on it are you...:urg:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Niiice guide. I was unaware of the 'c stick' ATs. This is my first time actually reading about Brawl but the info was clear and understandable.
Do you know the conditions to get a meteor smash from Link's Dtilt? Mine's really inconsistent.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Cool, welcome to the Link boards and SWF overall. With that, I'll redirect you into this thread on the matter over at AiB. Spike Thread. It explains a lot of it, and this place is unfortunately lacking one of those threads, at least to my knowledge.

If you got any other questions, try it in the Q&A though, although it doesn't really matter for these Link boards. :laugh:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I have this guide faved for quick reference. I use it for everything ^_^. btw Link's spike is pretty consistent on the middle of the sword. The tip sends them upwards, while the base of the sword misses completley

JUDGE

Smash Lord
wow...........that .......is just.....AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
very very very good work man!!!!!^^
i wish there would be a good thread like that for the marioboards

Scabe

Successful Businessman
This is the greatest guide ever... Thank you so much for this <3

I still haven't finished reading it all and I started it like 2 months ago :embarrass

Sooo... much... infomation :psycho:

Top Bottom