• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
lol thats thing thing its not supposed to be. Lets get back on track here. This bs is helping no one.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I'm not quite sure why it wasn't really moderated, but that Europe vs USA debate was disgusting for the most part and I'll keep an eye on this topic from here on out. Several people should know better than to be bigoted douchebags.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I don't normally post vids in this thread. If I'm posting one, it means it was ****ing amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45L3249k40E&feature=feedu

Outplayed or not, this really displayed how universal spacing truly is.
wow, no wonder why japan thought Lucario was low tier, no good can come from any character rolling into the opponent like that, let alone lucario, among some other problems. Then again I'm sure 9B hasn't even seriously considered even pocketing lucario lol.

Edit: Watched the whole set. His Lucario can actually become pretty decent, just as long as he picks up on a few nuances (like not nairing on the front of the shield, and not frolling in front of the opponent)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
there needs to be some ocean vid on the OP. his control of the char is godlike
This. That vid was AMAZING. I learned how to play ROB from that vid alone, lol. Nice submission, Noid.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
trela would have jv4ed

and that tl was pretty mediocre lol
D00d, OCEAN v. Trela would be such an awesome set to watch, some of the most sexiest and flashiest use of character pitted against each other :)

let's hope it happens at the next Apex if OCEAN decides to go.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"

MJG

Smash Hero
Dayum Robs second kill made me exclaimmm! Did not expect

The TL was slow to start but got decent. Agreed on averageness though
There is no TL is this video lol. I think you mean "Ocean vs that TL player"...which is not what noid posted.

EDIT: Oops! Did not realize that the vid was posted

*10mybads

but yea...that TL was stuck in 09

EDIT2: **** died fast...anyways, I would have never thought that I would nominate this character but....

for peach:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z55W6MZXJgQ

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I usually am not the one to say this.. but why is that for Peach?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
EDIT2: **** died fast...anyways, I would have never thought that I would nominate this character but....

for peach:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z55W6MZXJgQ
*Shrugs and jumps on the "Randomly nominate Peach videos" bandwagon*

Peach:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvcohzJvviQ

I say mine is more relevant to Peaches, therefore it's the best.

It also displays the best example of why the Sheik v. Peach MU is in Peach's favor at about 2:10 onwards

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
No because Europe suck according to Pierce & Neo (Name Search Now). But yeah Neo and Pierce also have consistant 1st place rankings in the US, so they have the right to say this.
Excuse me for being a little late to the party, but please quote for me one time where I have ever said Europe sucks.

Actually, Neo and I often DEBATE about the quality of your metagame.

Also, how does my placing in the USA affect my right to hold an opinion.

Lastly, who are you again?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
lolol hate to say it to u tho ramin , peirce was linking vids of leon and gluttony on facebook and saying that it was 08 gameplay and neo and mikehaze was agreeing , so just a word for these few americans they seem to think only france vids are good? and laugh at smashfest mini tourny matches

Peirce , ur not even good yet u act like ur better than europes top marths i think u need to start entering tournys instead of sitting around at 1 and watching players and get put in place with no top 10 results

also neo last eu tourny u was cheering me on livestream i heard giving me compliments , but leon mr r and anaky > you and peirce

u two cant judge jack ****

also mikehaze = the big headed ..., thinking he'd destroy leon , WHY U MARTH MAINS HATING ON EUROPE U MAD!?

mike ur a good marth yea sure but i think u need to play leon mr r and anaky before u can even judge because im gona laugh at u so bad if u get wrecked when u play them , anyways got any problems with my views then let me know
When have I EVER, EVER acted like I was better than a Europeon Marth? For over a year, I have held the contention that Mr. R is better than me, and the Leon is >>>>>>>>>>>>> better than me. I can be quoted saying this on many occasions. Please stop putting words in my mouth.

Also, Orion's IC > Myo's. Orion stopped camping when he got to EU, but the top players have PROVEN that they struggle to deal with camping. You are blind if you think Myo is of the same caliber of player as Leon, but his character can punish aggression VERY HEAVILY.

I am pretty damn good at match analysis though.

it's a secret but i'll tell u

they hate EU marths because EU marths are winning. USA marths dont win a ****, lose to luigis and this **** so they have to be mad. they think than by saying europe sucks they'll have a good john of why they're losing in usa and european marths are winning here. they are just tired of losing, then they watch leon winning and dont understand why. thinking leon > them is ugly and doesnt make them happy, so they'll think that it's just because europe sucks and there's nothing wrong with his skills, there are just problems with european players who can lose against marth, that ****ty char that never wins in america, and it never wins there because in high level play, the one they're in, marth is bad, but in aggro stupid gameplay marth is meta-top-broken-knight so thats why these noob euro players are winning.

yea its just them that cant accept the truth. usa marths sucks and thats it. go luigi
Why in the **** would I hate EU Marth's. Ramin is chill as hell, and Leon's playstyle is artwork in my eyes. Why would I waste time leaving advice for Leon on nearly everything of his that I see, if I hated him? inb4 he's better than you so why are you giving him advice? Top players everywhere ask me for advice, because I'm generally well known for knowing what the **** I'm talking about.

Yes, I think Myo is bad. Yes, I am arrogant. No, I do not think I'm better than Leon or Mr. R. Yes, I do think EU is too aggressive. No, I do not think EU sucks.

EDIT:

US has no "top" level ICs .... and you guys would get ***** by japanese ICs just as much lol

Edit: And just because they are two of the 3 most successfull players doesn't mean they can play all match-ups well.

:059:
This is just quoted for truth. Only select American players are good at the ICs MU. I for one, am AWFUL at it.

loool , "gluttony is bad vs iceys" that makes all top europe players bad man , i know for a fact that peirce says glutony will get ***** by all decent d3s and iceys in u.s , probs not true after all it comes from peirce but i know im good vs d3 and iceys so let zorz camp away and **** them desync's SON
Gluttony will probably outskill most players than he is better than, but stands little chance at beating top US D3 players (aka, Coney, since everyone else quit) and top ICs players. By the way, the majority of US top players I have added agreed with me on Facebook when I was analyzing that video.

All EU wants is some consideration from US players, whoever the best are (personally I don't give a ****). You guys don't get how it feels to be unfairly looked down for that long.

Wow Ally your post... so rude and unnecessary. That's exactly what I mean by "looked down".
Yeah, except, I give EU players props all the time, and **** gets ignored, but all hell breaks loose when I see trash and call it trash. You can look at 20 videos of Leon or Gluttony where I praise their play. I don't see threads getting made about that. Then, these last sets come out, and I call it like I see it, and all hell breaks loose. LOL. ONE tourney where I say their play was garbage, and instantly all other praise I constantly give to the same players is completely forgotten. ROFL!!!!

If you're willing to take the compliments, you have to take the criticisms as well.

I've been saying Calzorz is one of my favorite Snakes for a while. Kasper and Blub have been two of my favorite Falco's for a while. I do not think Anaky is better than me (since it's being brought up), but I do not think he's bad either.

Right now, EU is coming in here being super butt hurt because I gave my opinion that the sets I commented on were trash. Personally, I think it's funny. If you can't take the heat, get outta the kitchen.

To close out, I've also been known to say that the average American skill level is WAY below what I would expect it to be, so I'm even in before you "LOL, Bias against EU"

Props to Ramin for keeping it real/keeping the peace.
Props to Ally for standing up for me.

Staco

Smash Champion
Hey there.
France =/= all of europe.
Glutonny and Leon aren´t our only top players here.
Europe doesn´t play overly agressive, when you look at the other top players.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Europe, for the most part, is known for being aggressive in comparison to other regions. Besides Japan back in the old days where they approached with Fox and Falco lol, I've not seen more aggressive regions besides MAYBE Australia or Midwest.

That's not entirely a bad thing. It is what it is. You guys like platform canceling, we like platform camping. You like edge guarding, we like planking.

Staco

Smash Champion
Europe, for the most part, is known for being aggressive in comparison to other regions. Besides Japan back in the old days where they approached with Fox and Falco lol, I've not seen more aggressive regions besides MAYBE Australia or Midwest.

That's not entirely a bad thing. It is what it is. You guys like platform canceling, we like platform camping. You like edge guarding, we like planking.
Oh, so the reason why europe is so aggressive is, because we haven´t got 30% of our players play MK and planking?
Yeah in that case, we are the more fun country actually. ;D

I´ve actually seen a lot of camping players in EU, it´s not as if this strategies aren´t used in europe. (I think we´ve got the most campy Wario in germany actually)
Just because Leon and Glutonny have an offensive playstyle in general it doesn´t mean they can´t play defensive if they have to do so and it doesn´t mean that they can´t play vs. planking or aircamping players.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Hey there.
France =/= all of europe.
Glutonny and Leon aren´t our only top players here.
Europe doesn´t play overly agressive, when you look at the other top players.
Their videos are the most advertised, and they are the most celebrated players from your continent, though that does not excuse ignorance from our side of the ocean. I have recently started to watch more German videos.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I've not seen more aggressive regions besides MAYBE Australia or Midwest.
You really think the Midwest is aggressive? I think we are pretty campy for the most part, but then again I'm sure you've played MW-W more often and I've played MW-E just the same. Maybe therein lies the difference. xD

Top Bottom