• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
All EU wants is some consideration from US players, whoever the best are (personally I don't give a ****). You guys don't get how it feels to be unfairly looked down for that long.

Wow Ally your post... so rude and unnecessary. That's exactly what I mean by "looked down".
Semifer is a really good Wolf in my opinion. I'd consider him top 5 Wolfs (Kain, Semifer, Me, Choice, Holms in no order) easily.
Pink Fresh is yours now.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Ally wit the hard truth. The aggressive play styles would get shut down in the U.S.
I think they would by like... M2K, DEHF or players on that level. But atm I can only think of those two lol.

Otherwise they are surprisingly effective, unless you are literally frame perfect its kinda annoying lmao. We've all seen M2K go rushdown on a lot of players that are high level but not TOP and it works fine.

The playstyle is different functionally yes. Not to say that either are better or worse but american players tend to work situationally rather than european players who just go for reads more often.
There are problems with both and tbh I really think that if everyone really stopped *****ing for 2 seconds or bashing each other, there is a LOT to learn from both sides of the game.

ok ally, it's your opinion, but don't say something IRL, and say the opposit after back at home, and If some european beat you next time don't john like BBI please.

Because you are in your best level now right ? we will meet at spain and BBI I hope
Golden Post. Leon you really are a great sport <3 u

Not to mention that proving yourself in the US is much easier for you than for us, for obvious reasons.
Elliot lol we know youre not american but you spend mad time there
You post results in america and that's what matters

Also, Please guys because I legitimately well... Have to live both in EU and in America and smashers have really helped me settle my life in both places. I'm really thankful to the dutch smashers because I didn't know ANYONE when I moved to Europe, not a single person and they took me in and immediately gave me a lot of really awesome friends.

In America I really got to grow and learn and make a lot of friends over a long period of time, travel, team, and just meet soooo many people spending time with them like every week for tournaments- especially in a time period where I was not the happiest in my life situation.

So it's very frustrating seeing you argue over nothing.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I like the Pikachu match posted, of Kprime. I second the post above. Very efficient use of reads, didn't over-extend. Poltergust was not playing at the top of his game there, he went for a lot of the same mix-ups repeatedly but KPrime caught on and punished him for it repeatedly which is what Brawl is all about. +1 for that video.

Orion I'm moving to Amsterdam sooner or later and I want to come to the big tourney in Paris this summer if I can afford it. Spend some time training me up please? ;)

And I totally 100% second Orion's post about EU vs US smash. Like I said above the EU players I have played so far are incredibly good at reads and punishes, better than some of the ranked players I have played in NY/NJ even. Note, that doesn't mean I think they would win or lose. I'm just saying there's something to learn there.

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
Wow at this thread the past few pages. Seriously guys?
Talking EU vs. US is alright when it doesn't get out of hand, but all this is just.... smh.
Most people in this community are grown people, PULL. YOUR. ****. TOGETHER. It feels like I'm reliving kindergarten again. I don't even give a **** about the whole "who's better" thing, just have some freaking manners, PLEASE.
Stuff like this makes it embarrassing to be a part of the smash community.
Especially Ally. You're one of the best players in the goddamn world. You're supposed to be representing all of us, so for the love of god, stop acting like a salty, ********, little 14 year old wifi scrub, with no social skills and hormone issues

Goddamnit.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Talking EU vs. US is alright when it doesn't get out of hand, but all this is just.... smh.
Most people in this community are grown people, PULL. YOUR. ****. TOGETHER. It feels like I'm reliving kindergarten again. I don't even give a **** about the whole "who's better" thing, just have some freaking manners, PLEASE.
Especially Ally. You're one of the best players in the goddamn world. You're supposed to be representing all of us, so for the love of god, stop acting like a salty, ********, little 14 year old wifi scrub, with no social skills and hormone issues

Goddamnit.
We already stopped, you're just starting stuff again. How's getting DQ'ed at every AiB playoffs buddy?

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
We already stopped, you're just starting stuff again. How's getting DQ'ed at every AiB playoffs buddy?
It never stops. I'm just saying "Be mature about this" for the future. Pretty much the OPPOSITE of what you're doing (which is seriously disapointing).
And I don't know, I couldn't care any less.

MJG

Smash Hero

Goddamnit.
It never stops. I'm just saying "Be mature about this" for the future. Pretty much the OPPOSITE of what you're doing (which is seriously disapointing).
And I don't know, I couldn't care any less.
popcorn.gif

Oh ****! Season 2 just started!

Nesszors

Smash Cadet
why does everyone have to be so salty on the internetz, ally and all the other europeans got along greatly in person, and here its like constant flaming T_T
Cuz they're too ***** to say it to their faces. Too afraid to fight in person

Staco

Smash Champion
whut? I was being honest. Maybe I forgot how amazing it was to play with you guys that I didn't have anything nice to say anymore? I don't know but I for one never lie unless you're pointing a gun at me
I actually asked you in person, what you think about the EU top players and you said me that they are pretty much on the level of the US top players, there are just much more US top players, because of the number of players.
I think you even said this on an interview, which is on youtube, not sure though.
So its a really bad action of yours to bash european players now.
Also expect a lot of europeans not to root for you at the tourneys any more, if they took part at this discussion. :/

This thread really makes me sad.

You can´t prove anything by words, results are the thing that matters.
I also know people who say japan is godlike, and some who say japan sucks badly.
Its all biased and you cant tell something just from watching videos.

After watching some of the French videos a lot of people say Europe is really aggressive, Leon is playing extremely aggressive etc.
Its actually not like that.
Even Leon plays more defensive, if he has to do so. (for example if he plays Kaos or Orion, because you can´t play the MK MU in an offensive way)

Also France is the only overaggressive country in Europe.
If you look at the other non French top players and countries they all don't play that aggressive.

So yeah, instead of bashing each other just wait for the European tourneys.
You´re actually one of the top players in America, probably even the number one together with M2K, so let´s see, how Europe can handle one of the best Americans this time.
Luckily we will have at least 3 big tourneys, which you attend (every tourney with different European people attending), so we will see how Europe will play vs. you.

edit: It would be even better, if you also attended the 2 German tourneys the week after WakuWaku. ;)
You really should try to work something out. I could take care of your tickets from Waku to Germany, since I have to go the same way and I could look out for some housing for you in Germany.

AllyKnight

Staco:

I actually asked you in person, what you think about the EU top players and you said me that they are pretty much on the level of the US top players, there are just much more US top players, because of the number of players.
I think you even said this on an interview, which is on youtube, not sure though.
So its a really bad action of yours to bash european players now.
Also expect a lot of europeans not to root for you at the tourneys any more, if they took part at this discussion. :/
Yes I said I was amazed by the playstyle but maybe I was exaggerating, my need to bash really grew because how Europe started acting all tough for beating me. Honestly at this point I don't care, I'm not going to say anything this time when I come to EU, so don't ask me what's up with US and EU, find it yourself.

This thread really makes me sad.
Indeed.

You can´t prove anything by words, results are the thing that matters.
I also know people who say japan is godlike, and some who say japan sucks badly.
Its all biased and you cant tell something just from watching videos.
Yeah I had to prove it by results too when words weren't enough I guess I just wish either side of this debate would travel to eachother, something like I did. I had almost no money when I went to the U.S (sure it's not as expensive though)

After watching some of the French videos a lot of people say Europe is really aggressive, Leon is playing extremely aggressive etc.
Its actually not like that.
Even Leon plays more defensive, if he has to do so. (for example if he plays Kaos or Orion, because you can´t play the MK MU in an offensive way)

Also France is the only overaggressive country in Europe.
If you look at the other non French top players and countries they all don't play that aggressive.

So yeah, instead of bashing each other just wait for the European tourneys.
You´re actually one of the top players in America, probably even the number one together with M2K, so let´s see, how Europe can handle one of the best Americans this time.
Luckily we will have at least 3 big tourneys, which you attend (every tourney with different European people attending), so we will see how Europe will play vs. you.
I want more food ;D

edit: It would be even better, if you also attended the 2 German tourneys the week after WakuWaku. ;)
You really should try to work something out. I could take care of your tickets from Waku to Germany, since I have to go the same way and I could look out for some housing for you in Germany.
I can't be out all the time I need to go home lol Prob won't happen.

this was like an interview!

Staco

Smash Champion
I think people will travel to each others country more in the future.
I sadly don´t expect the americans to go to europe (I really hope they will maybe do in summer 2012), but I think some europeans will go to america more often in the future.

You seriously should come to germany and try out "Currywurst". :D (I dont think they´ve got it in america, am I right?)

AllyKnight

I think people will travel to each others country more in the future.
I sadly don´t expect the americans to go to europe (I really hope they will maybe do in summer 2012), but I think some europeans will go to america more often in the future.

You seriously should come to germany and try out "Currywurst". :D (I dont think they´ve got it in america, am I right?)
I googled it.... it looks DELICIOUS! AH if you go to Waku, bring me some somehow LOL

Staco

Smash Champion
I googled it.... it looks DELICIOUS! AH if you go to Waku, bring me some somehow LOL
Gonna take some cooling box with me, so I can bring you some, haha. xD

So yeah, we should stop spamming the thread with offtopic stuff now, I hope the eu vs. usa bashing is finished now. :)

Mr-R

Smash Champion
ally bring some bags of milk this time please! i dont care if it gets bad, i just wanna see it LOL

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, we all better start posting those vids so they can be added to the OP by christmas.

Trela

Smash Lord
ally bring some bags of milk this time please! i dont care if it gets bad, i just wanna see it LOL
I've been watching over this thread for the past couple of days and haven't bothered to get myself into any of this stuff, but WTF DO YOU GUYS DO OVER THERE!?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ally should do it anyways and then get put on the no fly list because of bagged milk.

Top Bottom