• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Mr-R

Smash Champion
In all honesty I think we can all agree that the latest leon/glut vs myo vids were pretty bad.
Pierce I think what really pulled the trigger for most europeans was how u replied to myo by telling him how bad he was LOL.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
In all honesty I think we can all agree that the latest leon/glut vids were pretty bad.
Pierce I think what really pulled the trigger for most europeans was how u replied to myo by telling him how bad he was LOL.
I wouldn't have made such noise about it if he didn't have the audacity to say "I should have won." I was already raging to myself about how bad the set was, and then to hear him say, "I should have won" as if implying that he's better than Gluttony, when anyone's grandmother could've gotten the easiest grabs on Gluttony since he spotdodged after nearly every Fsmash (LOL). Especially when he said he should've won a game where he UpBed second stock attempting a K.O., which is the REAL reason he lost, because it utterly destroyed the entire 90% lead he had. To make such plays, and then turn around and say, "I should have won" . . .

I was tight.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
All EU wants is some consideration from US players, whoever the best are (personally I don't give a ****). You guys don't get how it feels to be unfairly looked down for that long.

Wow Ally your post... so rude and unnecessary. That's exactly what I mean by "looked down".
League of Legends tho? Add me. My summoner name is Malceezy

Lord Chair add me too.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOL

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
You guys like platform canceling, we like platform camping. You like edge guarding, we like planking.
Sigging this hopefully. You're a god.

Also everything Pierce said was all professorial and fair and ****. I didn't realize that IC player said he thought he should have won. I woulda called bs too.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I wouldn't have made such noise about it if he didn't have the audacity to say "I should have won." I was already raging to myself about how bad the set was, and then to hear him say, "I should have won" as if implying that he's better than Gluttony, when anyone's grandmother could've gotten the easiest grabs on Gluttony since he spotdodged after nearly every Fsmash (LOL). Especially when he said he should've won a game where he UpBed second stock attempting a K.O., which is the REAL reason he lost, because it utterly destroyed the entire 90% lead he had. To make such plays, and then turn around and say, "I should have won" . . .

I was tight.
He said he should have won at the moment he had the chaingrab, however he usmashed too early. But I guess you can also interpret that as "I ****ed up but I still should have won". I don't think that's how he meant it though.

B!squick

Smash Master
I dub thee, most off topic topic ever to have been stickied.

It's especially great because mods are contributing to the off topic discussion. :D

Calzorz

Smash Lord
peirce ur very late in all of this and i dont want to get the argument/discussion going again for people in this thread

france are hell of a gressive but most countrys play just as safe as america let me show u my matches from germany tourny and u can be the judge of that since u like doing it ;p ,

and vids for best thread if they havent been in here already

me vs staco ( both defensive players u will see with 1 match lasting 7mins)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV5PyphX2-g , 5.56mins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nex9wkhkIWA , 7.11mins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Cm_vo4lqc , 4.22mins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebgJ4ZoCzAI , 4.55mins

Me vs Mr r: me vs a patiant marth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoYo-YT6upk , 2.22mins lol miss inputs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN67w_nQ_cs , more realistic time of 4.41mins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwuPA93HUjk , 5.13mins

Me vs Leon: aggresive but can play patiant also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-byG9C0yo5A , 3.06mins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNFOc5i44yM , 4.18mins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZRoWbyX91s , 3.48mins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEqBan7Pwk , 4.25mins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i4Mh8YOZ74 , 2.48mins

there

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Excuse me for being a little late to the party, but please quote for me one time where I have ever said Europe sucks.

Actually, Neo and I often DEBATE about the quality of your metagame.

Also, how does my placing in the USA affect my right to hold an opinion.

Lastly, who are you again?
It's Anaky lol

:059:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
No, I do not think EU sucks.

You literally said

" Make sure you come get a TON of Marth practice from me before you go. If you end up losing to Leon or something, I'll be the most embarrassed ever."
"When you go there, you should defeat Gluttony with ALL of your characters"

BUT the best thing was

"I'm now mad that Orion has dropped games to any given EU player."

Enlighten me.

:053:

boss8

Smash Hero
does it matter who is better?

usa seems to abuse camping....where as EU seems to abuse mixups/mindgames

EU's style of play really cant be defined cause they are constantly switching it up...IMO thats what we lack...

jus my 2 cents...

Kasper!

Smash Lord

You literally said

" Make sure you come get a TON of Marth practice from me before you go. If you end up losing to Leon or something, I'll be the most embarrassed ever."

BUT the best thing was

Enlighten me.

Making a face to EU players and then showing another to yo home boi's in the US pierce, i for one thought you were different sadly im not impressed. TBH i thought americans were all about wanting to build out of country relations e.g. with japan/eu etc but with the way they act its actually disgusting. Take japan for example, you guys were like rain is our only threat from the bunch coming, we gonna take this tourney easy and what happened all of your top players apart from larry (who of which i wish more americans were like cause hes chill) got outplaced by an olimar that isnt even ranked "best olimar in japan".

Personally as a whole we need to stop this bull****, its understandable to support players from your own region/area/country but to down other players just because they dont do stuff or play the way people feel is incorrect is down right stupid.

We instead of insulting one another should all be focusing on how to
1. Build smash relations (talking with other people from other countries more regulary)
2. Help fellow smashers (NOT insult players, IM LOOKING AT YOU AMERICANS AND SOME EUROPEANS)
3. Have fun (in the end of the day regardless of where we are all from we are "ONE" as we all play smash

just my thoughts on the matter

boss8

Smash Hero
Making a face to EU players and then showing another to yo home boi's in the US pierce, i for one thought you were different sadly im not impressed. TBH i thought americans were all about wanting to build out of country relations e.g. with japan/eu etc but with the way they act its actually disgusting. Take japan for example, you guys were like rain is our only threat from the bunch coming, we gonna take this tourney easy and what happened all of your top players apart from larry (who of which i wish more americans were like cause hes chill) got outplaced by an olimar that isnt even ranked "best olimar in japan".

Personally as a whole we need to stop this bull****, its understandable to support players from your own region/area/country but to down other players just because they dont do stuff or play the way people feel is correct is down right stupid.

We instead of insulting one another should all be focusing on how to
1. Build smash relations (talking with other people from other countries more regulary)
2. Help fellow smashers (NOT insult players, IM LOOKING AT YOU AMERICANS AND SOME EUROPEANS)
3. Have fun (in the end of the day regardless of where we are all from we are "ONE" as we all play smash

just my thoughts on the matter
larry says im more chill them him boss>larry

<3 larry xD

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i got on this list with one of the ONLY vids i ever got recorded of me

i wanna go to another tourny!!!!

show u guys a true sheik :)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439

You literally said

BUT the best thing was

Enlighten me.

I started to type up an explination for this, but then I realize, you can enlighten yourself. If you're going to get so mad that you're going to stalk my Facebook wall and look at conversations I'm having with other players on my own Facebook, that's on you.

Fact of the matter is, the match was trash. I strongly am sticking to that opinion. To me, it's shameful to see Gluttony perform so poorly, because I have high expectations for him. He has shown a large weakness as a player, in dealing with an extremely simple strategy that USA players regularly encounter.

I am also of the opinion that Orion has a better ICs than Myo (Or, at least, he used to, I don't know if he kept that character in practice). I am EXTREMELY confident that Orion would not get utterly wrecked by Fsmash -> Spotdodge over and over again.

When I'm talking in obvious hyperbole with friends, and you wanna go creep, don't be surprised if there's a fair amount of exaggeration.

Fun fact: The reason this was such a hot topic on my FB wall, is because I was having one of my regular conversations about EU, and I was talking about Leon's improvement, and how BJay was showing potential. Then the video against with Leon vs. Myo was released, and I can't exactly argue against such blatant evidence that Leon (the second most celebrated EU player) still struggles severely when facing a strategy that requires him to camp.

Naturally, when the video of Myo vs. Gluttony came out, I was beyond disappointed, because my defenses in favor of the EU playstyle were all but dismantled. But I don't suppose any EUs were reading my Facebook wall before that, when I was standing up for you guys.

Personally as a whole we need to stop this bull****, its understandable to support players from your own region/area/country but to down other players just because they dont do stuff or play the way people feel is incorrect is down right stupid.
First off, I'm pretty sure when I said that, I was talking to Ally. I'm still of the opinion that Ally is better than Gluttony. Is that bias? Maybe, hard to tell from my own perspective. However, I don't just go around saying, "Herp derp, Ally is obv better than Gluttony." I was talking to him, on Facebook, and I gave him my vote of confidence that when he returns to EU, he's going to wreck there.

Imagine if I went to Calzorz Facebook page, and he was like, "Gluttony, when you get to the USA, you better wreck everyone with all your characters, and show them that EU is nothing to laugh at! Make sure you show Ally the first time wasn't a fluke! Make sure you practice a lot against my Snake too. If you lose to Ally after that, I'll be totally ashamed."

Now, I would find that a perfectly natural thing to say. He'd be rooting for the home team, giving support and confidence, and offering to help anyway he could, and applying a bit of pressure, but all in good fun. He'd be offering to help him prepare for Snake, since Ally (used to) mains Snake. I would not just assume Calzorz thinks he's better than Ally, especially if I could find MANY OCCASIONS where Calzorz has stated that he doesn't think he's as good as Ally, and admire's Ally's playstyle.

Then imagine, instead of seeing this as a normal conversation between two friends (I don't know if Calzorz and Gluttony are friends, this is all hypothetical) I came to Smashboards, posted a thread, and said, "ZOMG! This guy said Gluttony is going to be Ally again and beat all of us. WTF, he's so dumb! RAAAGEE!!!! How could you be that biased towards EU!?!?!"

Does that sound dumb to you too? Cause that's pretty much what I just read just now.

There were pretty mixed opinions about the visiting Japanese players. I didn't say anything, because I didn't know any of them.

Secondly, I have not reshaped my entire view on the entire EU metagame based on one tournament set. Am I disappointed in Leon/Gluttony's performance? Yes. Do I still think Myo is bad? Yes. Do I think Orion can sweep the entire tournament with ICs if he returns to his former gayness? Yes. Am I seriously disappointed in Orion for losing to Leon previously? Of course not -_-. If Orion can lose to me (mind you, I think he's better than me, but loses in directly in a head to head, because my style counters his), and I think Leon is better than me, simple logic would obviously allow you to deduce that I would anticipate Leon to win in that encounter.

Am I really going to be embarrassed if Ally loses to Leon. Of course not. I'll be a little disappointed, sure. I've said the same thing to Ally about going to fight Mike Haze. If you honestly think that I think I'm better than Mike Haze, you're dumb.

Where are the praises for Pierce when he was talking about how great you guys were? Where was the support when he was talking about how Gluttony is probably top 5 players in the world (Not counting Japan, because I can't accurately measure them, I haven't watched them enough). It obviously gets ignored, because no one cares if you think some one is good, people just get stupidly butt hurt when I call out a bad match for being bad.

Many Europeans are proving themselves to be overly sensitive. This reminds me of the one time Leon decided to grace Smashboards with his presense to call me out on stating he lost a match, when I then had to bring up SEVERAL QUOTES OF MYSELF to show that I had previously cited him as an example of being good at a match-up. Just like in that instance, all the times when I said good things about European players gets ignored, and then when I point out a single instance of subpar play, people act like I summoned the devil from hell.

Talking about helping other players, ROFL. If I wasn't so well known for being incredibly helpful to other players, this discussion wouldn't even have happened. I'd be just another Joe Scrub. EU would've said, "Who are you again?" and completely forgotten about the fact that I ever said anything. The only reason you even care about my opinion so much, is because I'm well known. And I'm not well known because I'm good (I'm okay, but way too inconsistent), I'm well known because I know my stuff, and I'm extremely helpful to other players. Hell, every time I watch a EU vid, when I see something I don't like, I don't just say, "Dude, why'd you do that, you suck." I leave advice. I probably have the record for guides written on Smashboards. I have always been supportive of the growth of Smash, and of other nations, even when others were speaking out against them. My favorite player (that isn't someone I know personally) is MEXICAN, and I offered to pay half of his plane ticket to fly to a tournament in New Jersey, so he could compete in a large tournament away from home. To imply that I'm not helpful of other players, or a promoter of Smash Relations is a joke.

At any rate, I'm about done here. I apologize for derailing the thread, so I'll make it up for it by later contributing some videos of my own. I just wanted the chance to properly defend myself against all of these outlandish accusations, implying that I go around bashing a continent that I frequently defend against the scorn of others. It was just too ridiculous for me to let go.

EDIT: Oh, and Calzorz, thanks for the videos. I will watch them.

And Larry really is way too good.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I keep debating the use of IC's but I really feel like they are an inconsistent character in general and I know I can win with MK if I put in the work. I just have to get over the mental block I have for the matchup and calm down lol

Mr-R

Smash Champion
nahh listen to pierce and please pick ic vs me in tourney :D

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I really want to travel to Europe and play all the top smashers there after I explore landmarks and stuff. I'm jealous you get to play different countries Orion.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I really want to travel to Europe and play all the top smashers there after I explore landmarks and stuff. I'm jealous you get to play different countries Orion.
You should talk to Ally ... I heard he's going to skip Genesis and goes to 3 tourneys in Europe this summer - one in Spain with a 700€ pot bonus [+ spain is free :bee:] and two big one's in France [at least one of them has p. much all our best players].

Edit: Skinutski's DDD is good but he also made Izaw look kinda bad. You just can't be that reckless against DDD ... I think Biggad and Light would do a lot better against him tbh.

Staco

Smash Champion
You should talk to Ally ... I heard he's going to skip Genesis and goes to 3 tourneys in Europe this summer - one in Spain with a 700€ pot bonus [+ spain is free :bee:] and two big one's in France [at least one of them has p. much all our best players].

Mr-R, Orion, Grew, Leon and me will probably all be at the spain tourney, so it´s not free. ;P
I´ve heard about a lot of people not going to the france tourneys.
I think Calzorz isn´t going, I won´t go to BBI2 (date doesn´t fit me) and I know about LP maybe not going to BBI2.
There probably won´t be one tourney with almost everyone being there, but yeah, theres nothing bad about it actually, since we got the chance to play Ally in 3 tourneys now = he can play versus more different players in tourney.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I started to type up an explination for this, but then I realize, you can enlighten yourself. If you're going to get so mad that you're going to stalk my Facebook wall and look at conversations I'm having with other players on my own Facebook, that's on you.
Dude what the ****. Do you think I went searching for you through whole Facebook? I didn't even know your name :l. Surely I've got better things to do XD.

Anyway, everything started with this Facebook page and news spreads fast in Europe. You denied making any claims that Europe was bad and I wanted to show you why people alleged that you did do that. >_>

As for your green wall of text, I'll take your word for that I guess.

I really wonder where you guys get the energy from to write such walls of bull****.
Oooh Ayoub, quelque fois je t'aime vraiment <3

The Dutchies and the Germans will eat you alive :mad::mad::mad::mad: ;)

Laem

Smash Champion
Pierce pretty much wrappin it up
I've one question left tho

My favorite player (that isn't someone I know personally) is MEXICAN, and I offered to pay half of his plane ticket to fly to a tournament in New Jersey
Which tourney is this specifically?!

oh and reapers peach is so guuud.

Top Bottom