• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Thank you!!

The Zelda player is actually very familiar with the matchup, I just know his style so well/the matchup that it makes it really hard for him to get in on me. There are some older videos that show him getting a lot closer to winning than that most recent 3-stock.

:)

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
I think the Olimar vid is okay, at best. It's not something I would describe as extraordinary, or an outstanding display of skill. I think that vid represents two people who are near evenly matched, playing one close game. Honestly, while watching it, I felt that whoever won could've been either one of them. I think for a vid to go up in this thread, there should be a more apparent air of one player dominating the other, to an extent.

Or maybe I'm just tough to please

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Depends, if the MU is really that evenish, and both are playing at a high level, that makes the given character a good model of exhibiting habits, tools, and methods of a highly effective user of the character, it doesn't always mean he isn't doing it right if the match is going back and forth, it just means that he if anything has to exert a stronger pattern of play to compensate. If it's a low tier I can see the need to have inexperience come into play, but when it's an utmost top level play, in my opinion, it's even more fitting. Remember, part of what can make a video "the best" of a character is the learning experience it gives the viewer.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I think the Olimar vid is okay, at best. It's not something I would describe as extraordinary, or an outstanding display of skill. I think that vid represents two people who are near evenly matched, playing one close game. Honestly, while watching it, I felt that whoever won could've been either one of them. I think for a vid to go up in this thread, there should be a more apparent air of one player dominating the other, to an extent.

Or maybe I'm just tough to please
You are IMPOSSIBLE to please. If there's a video showing outright domination, you say that the other player was not skilled enough or did not know the matchup well enough. If there's a video showing a close match, you say the player being nominated isn't good enough to be accepted.

The general consensus is that the Olimar-Diddy matchup is 50:50 (or even, if you prefer words) which, as phi1ny3 said, at the highest level of play will result in a fierce battle for the win. Not to mention this is a best of thread, right? No other Olimar has beaten ADHD or a comparable Diddy, and Logic played that matchup very, very well, especially since he's learned how to play Diddy just to be able to use bananas better, and it shows. This match is against ADHD, come on man; I don't think ANYONE is going to two stock ADHD ever, and if a video of someone beating him isn't good enough for this thread then I don't know what would be.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I did it at Genesis

But that's not the point.

The video is fine.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I did it at Genesis

But that's not the point.

The video is fine.
You played Olimar?

edit: oh wait, I get what you mean now :laugh: and that's impressive (congrats!), but it still shouldn't be the criteria for allowing a video, and I agree, the video is fine :)

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
@ Phi1ny3 - It is understandable that an even MU at the top level of play will result in a close battle, during which, you will inevitably see both players go through many changes trying to hold onto whatever little advantage they obtain at any given time. That being said, the match itself was a great watch. It was not my intention to make it seem mediocre or mundane. Imo, that match would be much better suited for exhibiting the Olimar Diddy MU at the highest level of play. Not necessarily demonstrating what a top Olimar can do on his best day. Also, I feel like the only reason the vid is as attractive as it is, is because Logic is playing ADHD and wins. Were it the the exact same vid with a different name under the diddy, I doubt it would garner as much attention.

@ Vocal - I must respectfully request that you tone down your accusatory tones a few notches. I am perfectly allowed to like, or dislike, whatever video I choose. Also, it's not as if I just came in here and said "omfg Logic is so ballz, he sux and should never be mentioned again lolol kthnxbai!" I voiced my opinion, and backed it with my personal reasons, and if that's not good enough for you, then you should just ignore my posts. But when you make completely unfounded, generalized statements about me, such as:

If there's a video showing outright domination, you say that the other player was not skilled enough or did not know the matchup well enough. If there's a video showing a close match, you say the player being nominated isn't good enough to be accepted.
If you were to go read my posts, you'd quickly find I've never used either of those johns when defending, or disproving, a video. For the rest of your post, like I previously said, I think the only reason the vid is gaining the traction that it has is because ADHD drops a game to Logic.

Anyway, it doesn't much matter what we think, if DMG says otherwise :laugh:

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
@Just I'm sorry my post had such an accusatory tone to it; I just think it's a really good video showing really good Olimar play, and I guess I got a bit carried away :p Friendsies?

@Logic No problem, it's a really impressive match, and you've got a lot of good stuff in there :) And if you v. Ally was recorded I think I'd **** in my pants lol

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Lol @ everyone who ever said Din's fire was a bad projectile
It is a bad projectile .__.

That Zelda player used it well at times, but at the same time he/she used it waaay too much x__x

Just saying.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yay! 5 stocks vs 3 stocks! That'll show 'em
It's a crew battle.....
Excels team had less players, so they got more stocks per player.

But man, Excel is my fav Peach player by far. I love his play style.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Jebus!
Metaknight must have been listening to that 'MK da bess' song, 'Aerial is down, press it while I'm jumpin' up'.
Counted 17 dairs in the first 20 seconds O_O

That being said, sexy Diddy, humped that MK gooood

Top Bottom