• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
when MKs spam uair its pretty easy to footstool. Its just that most people in our community dont even bother to take the time to learn how to footstool things. Heck you can footstool SL on reaction LOL. Im a Sonic main now though so i just up B

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
when MKs spam uair its pretty easy to footstool. Its just that most people in our community dont even bother to take the time to learn how to footstool things. Heck you can footstool SL on reaction LOL. Im a Sonic main now though so i just up B
Im going to test both of those statements though Im about 95% sure both of those statements are incredibly false. Especially for someone with poor reactions like me.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
I used to do it in 08 as Snake. Get at me. Why do you care though? We're freakin Sonic. And you know theres an eye of the storm for SL too
right?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I also know that the mks i play against are good enough for that not to matter.

here let me finish this conversation for you.

you: 'derp are you saying tyrant and mikehaze are bad lloloololol?'

me: 'apparently I am if the metas you play with are MISSPACING SHUTTLE LOOP'

you 'lololool tyrant is better than you could ever hope to be mr. gets last at ktar'

me: 'yea dude, your hilarious, I know im bad, but im still not bad enough to misspace shuttle loop and lose to spindash.'

you: 'more elitist 'I play with good people and even though i never beat them, it makes me better than you' nonsense. [followed by], whatever, Im too good to be bothered arguing this with you'

I just saved us both another 30-70 minutes of back-and-forthing. youre welcome.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
LOL actually you didnt. Because what you just said made no sense at all. Spring beats SL. You still confused about that? I also am fully aware you are too conceited to realize anything Im telling you. So you didnt save anyone time. You merely wasted your own.

done.

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
BAM, not to interrupt your discussion (or be totally off-topic), but at what point in the SL do you footstool MK? Is it at the top? I'm just confused as to how to footstool SL... are there videos that show what it looks like?

And if you're coming down as Snake and MK is uairing you, can you just mash Jump or do you need to time your fall to be in between uairs or something like that?

Sorry, I'm just a bit confused (and dumb)...

:phone:

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=137n0Pc2mFc&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA1vm53Cy3g&feature=related

I played much better in WF. In GF set 1, I was reaaaallly hungry. /true johns. I definetely dont like how I played in GF set 1. Zero 3-0'd me in gf set 1 -_-. And I barely won GF set 2. Either link matches where we both played pretty well or dont link at all :/.

Btw, I approach Zero because Ive tried full camping him before and it doesnt work on him. I have to play a mix of approach and camping. Baiting mistakes with TL's proyectiles and getting it in.

EDIT- Using marth is making my TL style really weird and janky XD.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Hard camping with TL isn't as great as people think it is.

Literally all they have to do is shield and camp back once they get the lead.

I only watched parts of those vidoes.. but I like how excel uses the nair to cancel out projectiles.

I also like those single arrows. If I get back into this game, I'm going to steal that.

Agreed. You can't really hard camp Peach. That doesn't work that well. The way Sant plays it is the way to go.

And the other sets show a much better demonstration of the MU from both sides.

B!squick

Smash Master
I'm not saying I know what's best for Tink when I main Bowser, I just think I would have tried to pick my battles a little better if you get my meaning. Not hard camp so much as approach less than that.

And I can respect hunger johns. Food>Brawl.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
BAM, not to interrupt your discussion (or be totally off-topic), but at what point in the SL do you footstool MK? Is it at the top? I'm just confused as to how to footstool SL... are there videos that show what it looks like?

And if you're coming down as Snake and MK is uairing you, can you just mash Jump or do you need to time your fall to be in between uairs or something like that?

Sorry, I'm just a bit confused (and dumb)...

Dont say you're dumb man. Theres no reason for that. a tons of times its easier for me to be almost inside the circle when he does it then u see your character just jump as if he jumped out of SL. When they are doing it fast its easier to just mash. Im actually thinking of going through a video of this. Doing this on nado is way good and lol. ADing if near MK just usually isnt the best thing to do unless u are just going to ff it when u are somewhat close vertically. He has many good frame traps with uair ( like a ton of high tier and up) so it really makes no sense to AD without ff unless you are DIng away from him already and u could only really get hit with the side part of SL ( although some characters can just stuff it with an aerial ( FALCO BAIR).

its honestly a reactive game if MK has you in the air like that, DI ing away, utilizing b reverses when around mid range vertically make it far easier. Whats really dangerous is when MK is on the ground and you are high up. then it gets tricky because his speed allows him to chase your landing. Again with snake you dont want to do everything too preemptively. if you are going to aerial, do it at the LAST possible second unless you plan to do an auto cancel nair > buffer something which works as a mix up obviously. Its just good make a move late, so they have to guess when u are nearing ur landing. Snakes b reverse nades are awesome because if you wait until snake FH height to do it, if they are still on the ground, you can really make them guess. Nades are also one of the specials that have zero landing lag, which means you can do any defensive or offensive shield option right as you land (i pretty sure you can just even go straight to grab like other character who are capable with landing with b moves i know sonic can just go directly to grab without the shield due to z=R+A).

I will talk to Mike about it. PM if you need anything else.

Sorry this is kinda off topic lol

I really do want to say everyone should watch that FOW vs Tyrant. It is an awesome match imo. Love FOW and Tyrants thinking. I really wish FOWs match with SK92 at SIN III was in better quality

Tesh

Smash Hero
I highly doubt most characters can footstool the good part of shuttle loop. I've only ever seen people footstool that weak 2nd hit. But I wouldn't be surprised if ZSS/Falco/Fox could footstool out of a good part of it.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Good display of confident and collected responses from Noid.

Horribad MK play though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE JUDGING HIM

And people don't like to be judged

MVD

Smash Master
I think we both shuld get vids up if I had to pick mine it'd be game 4 of lfs or game 2, hard pick for me

Flayl

Smash Hero
Awesome match, SLS did a really good job at wrecking Nana too, too bad he rolled in to the ICs last stock

Top Bottom