• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

QUIVO

Smash Master
I said this once before in this thread..
but you guys need to get over yourselves.

I'll admit I did it once.

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
I say this thread should be closed and have someone make a new thread. The fact that were in June now is inexcusable for someone to not update the thread after 2 months have passed by. Maybe that new person can update the thread periodically.
i always liked the hall of fame because it showed the best that there was for each character and it gives me a reason to attempt to style in brawl instead of campy style
- hall of fame is best part of this thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah, that commentary was pretty awful. Also, I anti nominate this vid. If there's a Yoshi out there losing to Bowser, he needs to stop playing this game.
Hahah...Brutal.

I hear Delta-cod is serious business, though.

B!squick

Smash Master
Hahah...Brutal.

I hear Delta-cod is serious business, though.
Don't get me wrong, Delta's good. I know he's good. I don't think anyone could say he's not good as they'd be wrong. But that was a bad match-up and either KK has never played against Yoshi or something. I know some one sided videos can be fun to watch, but that was just sad.

Patches

Smash Master
I never watched the video, so I'm only assuming were talking about KingKong.

Regardless, when I went to a montreal tournament, I played a yoshi. Taretherex or whatever. Point being, montreal does have a yoshi, so he should know the match up. So kingkong just got outplayed.

:phone:

B!squick

Smash Master
I never watched the video, so I'm only assuming were talking about KingKong.

Regardless, when I went to a montreal tournament, I played a yoshi. Taretherex or whatever. Point being, montreal does have a yoshi, so he should know the match up. So kingkong just got outplayed.

So, because you know for a fact 1 person in the area uses a certain character that means without a shadow of a doubt that he plays against every other Smash player in the area on a regular basis and thus everyone should know that match-up. Am I following your logic correctly here? This is also bearing in mind that Montreal is a big place, or so I'd assume with it being the second largest city in all of Canadia.

Patches

Smash Master
So, because you know for a fact 1 person in the area uses a certain character that means without a shadow of a doubt that he plays against every other Smash player in the area on a regular basis and thus everyone should know that match-up. Am I following your logic correctly here? This is also bearing in mind that Montreal is a big place, or so I'd assume with it being the second largest city in all of Canadia.
Nono. All I'm saying is that one would assume he would know the match up a little bit because he has someone that he can play at tournaments.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Nono. All I'm saying is that one would assume he would know the match up a little bit because he has someone that he can play at tournaments.

That doesn't mean he's played him enough to get a good grasp of the MU.

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
KingKong only played me once in tournament(pools) and I lost last hit(this was my second offline tournament though, first one is a random one from january 2010 where I got *****, and that second one was november, but I still improved a lot during that span). I did a lot of mistakes since when you play offline, you totally gotta get used to the «feeling» of playing offline(not talking about getting used to no lag, getting used to play on different tvs in a place with a lot of noise actually affects your game more, unless you were a wifi abuser. If you're still not sure of what I'm talking about, this blog explains it really well: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=112940 )

Now I got over it and got better, I didn't ever play him again during the next tournies but I'm pretty confident I can beat him if I do lol. But yeah I guess he dosen't know the MU that well, though I was still surprised he got outplayed that bad, vs me he did a much better job of getting in, he even beat our top falco once, who is ranked 2-3 in the PR, he's no joke. Those misspacings really screwed him up, since Bowser requires a lot of precision.

JTsm

Smash Master
Meno, stop playing Peachy and start updating this thread gdi. </3333333

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
No smallstep CG or ledge infinite? I am disappointed in you, T :glare: lol pretty good representation of the MU overall though, imo. I take it the rest of the videos from MSN2 are being uploaded tomorrow?

:059:
Let's hope so.

And yes I think this is pretty much a great representation of the matchup without infinites. It kinda proves nobody really needs them.

Tesh

Smash Hero
wtf @ atomsk's only kill. dsmash has more range than fsmash? THATS ********

Tesh

Smash Hero
it looks like he just let down his shield, thus MK put his hand back down by his side and.....got hit.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Clearly a mindgame. You get a player under the idea of thinking he's playing a character that can't punish anything on block and kills really early, only to find that he's playing a character that punishes out of shield really well and doesn't kill until much later.

:awesome:

Top Bottom