• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Man when i recorded those vids, i was like wtf how did IXIS BEAT PAFOS! Fricken amazing for overcoming that matchup.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
That Bowser video was absolutely astounding, as was the Luigi vid

I'm so glad I have you guys to find the good videos for me ^_^

SlashTalon

Smash Ace

Laem

Smash Champion
Trela v. Razer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaUhJgfiKTc
For Lucario

He just NEVER lets him back on, especially in the second match
i really felt like razer was in control most of the matches. Not only that, but his 2nd kill 2nd match was way too good

First stock was a beautifully masterful display of this game.

Bravo.

(EDIT: Next match I clicked on was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqNfcRCTwAo)
Orion for MetaKnight

Such an incredible match. He tripped into a grabrelease, then handles that **** like a man.
Orion...loses and got his shield broken. There's gotta be a better match thn that for him

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Orion...loses and got his shield broken. There's gotta be a better match thn that for him
Few mistakes (vs Mr. R...) and barely loses (if he had just stayed on the edge for the edge hog...). I'm taking into consideration the fact we have one MK vid =/

I was impressed by both he and Mr. R's spacing, it was a close match for a reason.

I nominated that video because its obvious he has a geat deal of knowledge about MK and Brawl

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If you want a video that shows the MK vs Marth match-up at top-level with the most realistic outcome [aka both players know the match-up] then I'd say this should be in the OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF9SSS0Kknk

Almost half a year old though so take it as you will. Just thinking that Ramin actually plays better during that match tbh.

Edit: OT needs a LOT more MK matches though. Here's a suggestion of a good MK player, that doesn't get a lot of attention:

Otori:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoCV3zErhLM

:059:

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
The Kaos video really should have been up awhile ago.

The Otori vid was meh. If there are any better videos of him that would be cool, but that particular match had a lot of problems.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
December update complete!

Requesting locations of the following players:
Kingkong
Kingtoon
Rookie
Lee Martin

Pafos
Ezgon

Laem

Smash Champion
sheer amount of marth videos just show how much the people love marth
some are just in the closet regarding the situation (GHEB)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
i really felt like razer was in control most of the matches. Not only that, but his 2nd kill 2nd match was way too good
As it should be if you know anything about the MU. And while Razer took full control of the stage, Trela seized control over Snake when offstage, so I'm not sure that would be a reason to discount a match like this, when it is in fact being played correctly.

Snake is really really tough for Lucario to get a move in, and Lucario has to be mega unpredictable in order to get in Snake's zone.

which is why imo it is amazing that Trela has been breaking barriers on the MU, against a person that plays against his/other Lucarios a loooooooooot. And he showed something veeery important in the MU, abusing Snake's landing inability to the max, which is something most Lucarios don't seem to use much, and that's why I think it's a good video to demonstrate how to fight a steep MU. What I think is the best thing to take out of this of all is how do you deal being a stock behind in a hugely momentum based MU like this? Trela shrugged it and always brought it back, which is a big hurdle in this MU, especially when all your killing tools are severely compromised. Both of them also demonstrated a really good concept of the RPS effect on the ground, they both punished each other's options when predicted and made each other mix it up.

Now what might be a more usable reason is the execution in the MU, there were several times where they either made poor decisions or flubbed up on the controls.

Also a match worth considering if that one wasn't appealing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUGEhs4vBjA

bad quality, but it shows how well Lucario can do when he plays patiently, even when Razer changed his playstyle to a severely campy one, Trela played a more adaptive game, something a lot of characters can learn from in terms of avoiding getting damaged.

Laem

Smash Champion
I dislike the part where you say the disadvantaged character shouldn't (ever?) be in control when both know the MU.
I dislike most 'shoulds' for that matter

I just feel like you can't hide behind "It's a tough, correctly played MU so that's why you're seeing the candidate character getting ***** most of the match" in a thread like this

2nd vid was indeed more appealing

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lol how was he outright *****? He would get a huge amount of damage, sure, but then he would rebound and even it out. I feel that when both players are doing well and "chipping" each other in stock or in percent, that's is often an indicator of a well done game.

I put these up because this is a MU that's kinda controversial, a lot of lucarios hate this MU (myself included), and I feel Trela's approach to it was very valid. I say that you are a little mislead by the capability of both characters, but especially snake. Momentum is the key to why this match was so odd and unlike a lot of others.

@ first point: Tell that to a Snake, Falco, or Olimar player who's playing against MUs that he has a solid advantage in lol. Control in their gameplay is the difference between winning and dying in MUs, especially when you've got a huge ground game to compensate for other factors. I'm pointing out that it seems like a lame excuse to discredit a video when A: they ultimately had close games in every match, and B: That's what should be happening. You say "Razer was in control of the match" as in Trela didn't really do anything and that the fact that they were neck and neck time after time didn't mean anything. You were pointing out the obvious and very typical scenario in which it should be played, which I felt is kind of a moot point. In other words, the biggest response I have to that remark is "Your point?"

I'm not really "hiding behind" it, just that there's a level of ignorance behind a statement like that, especially when the end result belied the idea of "getting *****" as you seem to be insinuating. Also the idea of "control" is ambiguous in that sentence.

Or are you implying that a good video should always involve someone vastly outperforming the other? The issue is that there's a misunderstanding of how important you perceive "momentum" to be. In MUs like that it's very easy for the person who has the stock lead to GO TO TOWN and secure the win by getting a far lead. The fact that this didn't happen I felt was a good obstacle he overcame.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I'm agreeing with phil.

I don't see how people can say "It wasn't close so this shouldn't count as a best of a character." then other people come by and say "The match is too close, it can't be valid."

Laem

Smash Champion
I'm just saying
it's player vs player, not character vs character
what we wanna see is a character overcoming specific weaknesses(e.g certain aspects of a tough MU), not a character barely hanging on(i.e not handling them all too well) and requiring a particular person from the candidate's respective character board to justify it.

I guess you could say I'm not asking the character to go gluttony on his opponents ***, but perhaps something relatively close to it(you know relatively? as in relatively ******, you know how people exaggerate on SWF)
Or in other words, the middle ground in what rubberbandman said.

D

Deleted member

I'm just saying
it's player vs player, not character vs character
what we wanna see is a character overcoming specific weaknesses(e.g certain aspects of a tough MU), not a character barely hanging on(i.e not handling them all too well) and requiring a particular person from the candidate's respective character board to justify it.

I guess you could say I'm not asking the character to go gluttony on his opponents ***, but perhaps something relatively close to it(you know relatively? as in relatively ******, you know how people exaggerate on SWF)
Or in other words, the middle ground in what rubberbandman said.
No.
Trela vs razer was a good match.
It showed that both players knew the matchup, and didnt just show razer making mistake after mistake, which would have led to a more one-sided match like you think this thread should be filled with.
Razer had control a lot of the match but so did trela, its not like at a neutral position snake and lucario are on even ground.

Coney

Smash Master
is this thread about showing how a character is played at the highest levels, or strictly videos of a character completely dominating?

there's a very big difference...

is it a resource for people to say "okay, THAT'S how that character is played" or just "OH WOW LOOK AT THAT :eek: "

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
is this thread about showing how a character is played at the highest levels, or strictly videos of a character completely dominating?

is it a resource for people to say "okay, THAT'S how that character is played" or just "OH WOW LOOK AT THAT :eek: "
More of a show off thread, which is silly lol. The way most matchups have to be played is generally just boring to watch...

Though the match I have in this thread with Korn is pretty accurate on how the Mk/Wolf matchup is played. I just killed him in cool/smart ways.

Laem

Smash Champion
No.
Trela vs razer was a good match.
It showed that both players knew the matchup, and didnt just show razer making mistake after mistake, which would have led to a more one-sided match like you think this thread should be filled with.
Razer had control a lot of the match but so did trela, its not like at a neutral position snake and lucario are on even ground.
all this practically means i could nominate the vid for razer and it would barely contain less merit

and drop dem extremes, every1 knows the OP isn't (primarily anyway) for domination matches yet ppl bring it up constantly

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

Speaking of which, if we're going to make this a "I totally ***** ____" video thread, put this guy's videos against Junebug up lol.

Nestec

Smash Ace

It's gotta be a blend of both. I don't think it can be entirely either.

If it's entirely the former, then it would be damn near impossible to find any videos to put up.

If it's entirely the latter, then I could upload a vid of me ****** dominating my little sister with my Jigglypuff.

EDIT: Whoa, "damn" doesn't get censored?? KEWLZ!!!

Coney

Smash Master
Speaking of which, if we're going to make this a "I totally ***** ____" video thread, put this guy's videos against Junebug up lol.
more like "wow coney is terrible how is he losing to lucario this mu is like 7-3 what an idi--JESUS CHRIST WHAT"

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Come on guys....we all know the point of this thread.

Does there really have to be a black and white distinction between flashy and high level play though? I feel like this topic gets too much attention.

Videos go up if they demonstrate high level, at-least moderate matchup knowing players with some exceptions (if they don't know the Yoshi MU, it could probably still go up. It shows what a Yoshi can get away with even against smart players).

And for the most part, matches have a better chance of making it in if they aren't 3 stocks. There can be a few videos like that up there, because that happens even with solid players sometimes, but if you don't actually feel this thread is hosting videos from the top of the metagame, I wouldn't mind discussing it.

Coney

Smash Master
when i asked, it wasn't to be a smartass and i apologize if it came off as such

i was honestly asking...because it could be either, to be honest.

it's just difficult because there's a very fine line between someone not knowing the matchup and getting destroyed, and handling a character well enough that the video isn't worth watching.

Top Bottom