• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassio

Smash Master
Yeah I think home field advantage can have a significant affect, although thats something thatd be difficult to take into account on this list. I think thats true for virtually all competitive events.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Yeah I think home field advantage can have a significant affect, although thats something thatd be difficult to take into account on this list. I think thats true for virtually all competitive events.
I don't know if this applies to brawl though...haha.

also Pelca for top 5 Falco!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
The only sport that I can think of that takes into account home and away differences in games has been the BCS system in college football through some of their ranking calculators but not all of them via the computers.

Most people hate the BCS ranking system. The other sport that uses a ranking system (college basketball) does not account for home and away with the ranking system they choose to use (RPI). The only thing that matters to them is win and loss, not home and away. March Madness is perhaps the most hyped sporting event in the country.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Results wise people tend to do better on their own coast.

Just look at G2 results lol.
E4U results.
Whobo results
the list goes on.

Cassio

Smash Master
Most sports take it into account by splitting games between home and away as best they can. Although I already acknowledged the difficulty of including it in rankings here.

DeLux

On the contrary, multiple teams have been ranked #1 in the country in both sports by playing a skewed number of home vs. away games in favor of more home games.

Cassio

Smash Master
most sports take it into account by splitting games between home and away as best they can. Although i already acknowledged the difficulty of including it in rankings here.
; ) getting off topic though, so Ill just concede. Home field advantage isnt a consideration in competition.

DeLux

I was saying that most ranking systems don't care about home and away splits in the only two sport where rankings matter. People take advantage of this by stacking their schedules with home games for various reasons (mostly economic). Nairo is equivalent to say Duke loading its non-conference schedule with home games because he can. And then wins them all. It might suck in some points of view, but at the end of the day, the wins and losses matter the most.

Therefore I would conclude that it most likely should not matter in brawl like ti doesn't matter in the other sports.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Like I already said, your results are all home cooked victories and dont include wins while oos and vs WC. There are plenty of players who've done well in their respective areas then did poorly when they travelled to the opposite coast, which is why I have a lot of respect for anti's MK. Maybe youll end up #1 on the list, but that wont change that your posturing in those critical areas is speculation and not results speaking.
that doesnt mean i dont play people outside of my region? ive beaten people like havok mr.r leon trela razer gnes to name just a FEW i have beaten outside of this region and that doesnt count? cause its around my region? now i think you really are an idiot lmao

B_AWAL

Smash Master
did he use ics to beat anti? or pikachu? same with the other people he played that were not on stream. Did he beat them with ics or pikachu?
ESAM lost 2 Anti w/ Pika and Destroyed him w/ ICs

Hey guys I think Pink Fresh might be the best Lucas if he kept playin I dunno what do yall think :awesome:.
Mekos was the ONLY Low tier main to EVER make top 10 @ a National... Mekos will prob deserve to be the BEST Lucas for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time

:sonic:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Cassio I usually love your post and even summon you to help explain my posts.

...But Nairo is the truth man. I agree with you he needs to travel to WC to see how he would do without the home field advantage.. But his results are so great that that doesn't even matter.
He just won SKTAR and got third at APEX 2012. SKTAR was a super stacked tourney. Mike Haze tourneys are huge but aren't nearly as stacked as SKTAR was. SKTAR from round 1 had some tuff matches. Round 2 had all intense matches. The only tourney that has been more stacked from 2011-2012 has been apex 2012.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Nairo has created a hyper aggro mk playstyle and is successful. That is huge because brawl mostly rewards camping. Give credit where credit is due.

He has the results and the skills.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
@Vinyl - So you know how to earthbend? You can't be my master if you can't earthbend -_-
@luckay - OMG! Your an airbender! That is soo cool! You of course can join me. The fire nation was destroyed 120 years ago by the way.

Guys...There is a new threat. The Dark Lords. They are airbenders and use a power known as metaknight. There is also another evil called the Ice Blockers. They are waterbenders. They use a power known as Ice-climbers.

So you see I have two threats. I need all the help I can get!
It's a tough road ahead of us...but if we believe we can conquer anything and save the world!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
did he use ics to beat anti? or pikachu? same with the other people he played that were not on stream. Did he beat them with ics or pikachu?
ESAM lost 2 Anti w/ Pika and Destroyed him w/ ICs

Hey guys I think Pink Fresh might be the best Lucas if he kept playin I dunno what do yall think :awesome:.
Mekos was the ONLY Low tier main to EVER make top 10 @ a National... Mekos will prob deserve to be the BEST Lucas for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time

Vinnie/Me is an interesting topic. He has more exposure to the best people, such as nairo/anti/ally/m2k so he obviously has more wins on them. I am not sure who he has winning records against, though. I also have Pikachu for certain MUs that are annoying for ICs (Such as Snake and ZSS) while Vinnie stays ICs for almost every MU. We are both gdlk.

Also, the MK list, IMO, is

Nairo
Anti
M2K
Tyrant
Ally
Yeah ESAM u tell em cuz u da best!!! OMFG ur so Godllike wait.... MK convo.. Dude... stop derailing the convo and talk about how much better w/ ICs you are than Vinnie!!! Hell U def dont drop as my CGs as him and u forced him 2 switch chars!!! lol

:troll: yet srs

B_AWAL

Smash Master
EE, Nairo and I are 6-5 (2-1 since my return to singles since I double elimmed him at Vinnies tournament then he beat me at collision) my favor so it's pretty much neck and neck.

But he can have the best MK title for now lol, Even though I still think M2K is the best MK and he's just choking lately but Nairo has proven himself more in these recent months.

Congratz son, you deserve it bahahahah.
Dude... U shud teach hoes how to play smash and tell them that everytime they lose a stock they take a shot... 3 girls + you 5 stocks all items per round.

Instant 4some

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I DEF wudda heard about it seeing as I've been around the scene since day 1 -___-

4 the sake of argument FINE we can I just say

"Since Reflex did it with PT in 2009 no1 has placed top 10 @ a National up until Mekos did @ SKTAR"

Win/Win :)

...i meatride myself? i dont even need to say anything about myself my results is all i need bro ;)
I cud NOT help but lol @ this...

Seibrik should be top 5 Wario and DDD, imo.
This guy will be a Top 5 Falco if he travels... u can quote me on this...

B_AWAL

Smash Master
My round 2 was whatever. It was Salem, pretty free.
Pretty sure San used only Ike when he got top 10 at a national.

Honestly, if a character can place that high, they shouldn't even be considered low tier anyway.

Isnt that around the time when Espy and X showed the GREATNESS of Sonic?

Weren't Sonic & Ike Mid their around then?

Point is that Player-1 should be3rd best Diddy... WAIT... Yeah thats true...

WTF was I talkin about again? Damnit P1!!!

My round 2 was whatever. It was Salem, pretty free.
You aren't Human... us Humans are FREE 2 u -___-

Nairo

Banned via Administration
i actually have a chance of going to gen3 if i dont **** up and ps5 if i dont **** up that either so i try to make sure im as solid as i am now by then or even more better!

ANTi_

Smash Hero
He has anti, m2k for mk dittos (tyrant)
Leon, Mr R on marth (mikehaze)
He's beaten havok, and even then still has wins on fatal, bizkit ect.
He's lost to dabuz like once, and still won the tournament?(rich brown, anuar)
This was by far the worst logic EVER.

MikeHAZE is the best Marth vs MK
Beating Dabuz doesn't = Beating Rich/Anuar... Esp since Rich is probably a bit better than dabuz at the MK matchup

If Vinnie were to beat Nairo in winners that would've been a hype bracket since it would've been him vs DEHF and if he won, him vs Tyrant. what I wanted to see.

N3xU5

Smash Apprentice
^anti honestly Mr.R is better vs MK. Tyrant himself said it to ramin when i was at mikes house. Tyrant plays mike all the time. Mike might be the best marth against your mk, thats probably a playstyle thing. Butttttt Mr.Rs better vs MK. Mike will lose to much lower level mks than you like seibrik or rain. He also loses to tyrant pretty much every time they play and i witnessed Mr.R beat tyrant in a set even though it was a friendly set. Regardless Mike is still a hella good player and your point still applies to the rich anuar point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom