• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Phantom shots. They're never heard in person.

I don't know Esam, I never said I have more knowledge than either the MK or Pikachu mains. I mean yeah...you do good against all the high level MKs out there from what I've seen (no credit taken from that whatsoever), but I also saw Otori pick that *** apart like never before (kind of like a near-perfect play in the MU kind of difference). A similar concept to you possibly being bad against Peach having an effect, only in reverse.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Except me vs Otori was like...last stock mid % 1st match and last stock high % second match. YOu make it sound like I got 3 stocked xD

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lol yeah my emphasis was a little strong, most top players aren't going to get 3 stocked regardless. I wasn't really referring to the results of the matches though, moreso like he was controlling the pace the entire time. It could just be a player vs player instead of a MU thing though, I have no idea lol.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I honestly think the Pika/MK MU is +1 in MK's Favor, Esam is just hella experienced at the MU.

Not that I am damning your beliefs Eric, but I don't see that MU even.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Every matchup seems like it's MK's favor because he wrecks **** everywhere, even himself. Pika v MK is even imo, but mk can still make it seem like it's his favor.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Given the way Otori performed against ESAM I'd say the MU is even. No offense to ESAM but I thought it was clear that Otori was the better player, and ESAM did pretty well against him.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Except me vs Otori was like...last stock mid % 1st match and last stock high % second match. YOu make it sound like I got 3 stocked xD
Fox does better against MK than Pika does and it is a -1 for Fox. I also feel that Diddy does equally as good as Pika in the match up and he is also -1.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Except TKD hasn't played any top MK mains besides WC, while I've played pretty much all of them.

Also, I'm pretty sure Otori is a better player than I am. NOt significantly, but enough to make the difference, hence the reason he won. *Gasp* the concept of an even MU...isn't that when better players win? Holy ****, it actually makes sense!

Also, why does this thread devolve into like a bergillion other threads? I find it amusing.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Except TKD hasn't played any top MK mains besides WC, while I've played pretty much all of them.

Also, I'm pretty sure Otori is a better player than I am. NOt significantly, but enough to make the difference, hence the reason he won. *Gasp* the concept of an even MU...isn't that when better players win? Holy ****, it actually makes sense!

Also, why does this thread devolve into like a bergillion other threads? I find it amusing.
This should be on the MU thread so this will be my last post but Japanese Foxes also do great in that MU. Also, Since you are a top 5 pikachu, when was the last time you have beaten a top 5 MK (sorry if this question makes me sound like a jerk)?

Cassio

Smash Master
Peach I'm less confident about, but I'm pretty sure I'm just *** at the MU.
Lets watch ESAM run into the same attack 3 times in a row.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1lWe_7fmA#t=06m51s
hint: next time fsmash >_>

Pika-MK is about even, ESAMs just not great at discussing his point. Though other stuff is taken into consideration including ESAMs thoughts, Anther was who eventually convinced me from speaking to him.

Also ESAM is good at the MU but could still be better and doesnt pull enough from existing knowledge and techniques he's bias against. For instance hes never been that great with QA. If you watch his set vs Otori, youll notice that he always QAs directly into Otori and gets punished for it almost every time, without regard to QA's safe zones and strategies to prevent it from being punished on reaction.

And Jebus the last top 5 MKs to lose to pika were tyrant (E4U) and M2K(Xanadu).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why does that matter? What does that have to do with why you're taking a relic into account for a character's current meta? :applejack:

Cassio

Smash Master
Woah I was just answering your question, it was roughly the same time you were 'relevant' as well :p.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
This should be on the MU thread so this will be my last post but Japanese Foxes also do great in that MU. Also, Since you are a top 5 pikachu, when was the last time you have beaten a top 5 MK (sorry if this question makes me sound like a jerk)?
M2K at Xanadu, Rain at Apex, and then...I haven't played an MK in bracket that I used Pikachu for since...game 1 of loser's against Zex at Genesis when I JV 3 stocked him...

OH, and I forgot about Yui doing really well. I don't really pay attention to Japan too heavily since their one Pikachu is only better at one thing than me.

Dcold

Smash Lord
The Pikachus are just firing off shots today...

I won't disagree with the people that actually play the character and the MU, but think about how often Pikas play MKs compared to how often MKs play Pikas. MU knowledge trumps what the MU chart says. So I could say for ESAM the MU is even, but to say, an MK that plays Pikas every tournament and wins, it's a +1. Just perspective really.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
But I started to beat Seibrik, Z has beat Tyrant in their most recent encounter...those are the only 2 consistent MKs that play against Pikachus. I say it's even, Seibrik says it's even, Z says it's even, and M2K says it's even. IDK what Tyrant says, but like...c'mon. The only people that say it is +1 that actually play MK at a high level are like...Red Halberd and idfk who else.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I definitely think MK beats Pika, but I also think it's close to even. Pika, ZSS, and ICs (japanese ruleset) IMO do the best against MK.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Oh, they played again recently? Sowways, I'll rephrase then.

Z has beat Tyrant really recently, and he beat Zex at Apex.

JTsm

Smash Master
Pretty sure Ally is #1 Snake. Havok should be bumped a spot or two.

Player-1

Smash Legend
When has ZSS beaten a good MK? I think Olimar, Diddy, and Fox do better than her in that match-up.
DRN vs dojo at apex. Fox is a terrible char loses -4 to everyone. Top diddys haven't really done much to the top MKs either, last time I talked to gnes he thought it was -1 leaning closer to -2 and I'd have to agree

:phone:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
TKD beat DEHF not 2 long ago
Yui Destroys most MK's & Oli's and every1 else in Japan.
Fox vs MK can be even

ESAM is such an outlier so its hard to judge but Pika has always been equal 2 MK when played properly.

In fact its really just that we are piss poor at bein patient and playing the game properly. Apex only had 4 MKs in top 8. Practically everywhere besides NY area has mixed characters @ the top @ the end of a tourney.

What is the 1 thing that Japans Pika does better than you @ Esam?

Sonic > Pika

:sonic:

:phone:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Uairs. His uairs are stupidly amazing. That range is ridiculous and I don't utilize it very well at all, at least compared to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom