• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassio

Smash Master
I forgot who I told but Id said his match vs Earth was a demonstration video on why Uair was pikas best move. His utilization of crouching and backwards crawl was really interesting too, the position it takes his tail is really safe esp since uair can extend so quickly from it, and dtilt -> jump can give him full backwards momentum.

Also I think people are underrating diddy vs MK at least a little since ADHD stopped playing as much, hes the only one whos had significant success against MK as far as I know in America (gnes too but not nearly as much).

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Sheena > Collette #IJS

ToS was one of my favorite experiences in life. Close 2 losing my virginity.

#Jokes

:sonic:

:phone:
Right there w/ya bro XD. I love em all but sheena and regal are my favorite.

Wonder what the list is gonna look like once gnes and/or adhd get removed...

Dcold

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say in any way that P1, Gdx, and BigLou are in the same class as ADHD and Gnes, especially when it comes to the MK matchup, no disrespect to any of them as they're good players. Pretty much what Cassio said.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I forgot who I told but Id said his match vs Earth was a demonstration video on why Uair was pikas best move. His utilization of crouching and backwards crawl was really interesting too, the position it takes his tail is really safe esp since uair can extend so quickly from it, and dtilt -> jump can give him full backwards momentum.
THe crawling thing is really mediocre against anybody that has range. Earth chose the absolute worst option in that situation...he could've used ANY actual attack to hit the crawl, or at least make him shield...

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Gnes & Adhd wudnt get removed.

They are kinda like M2K w/ MK. They MADE Diddy

After Ninjalink

And they cud just simply come in out of nowhere and wreck so I say after 6months of inactivity a person should b taken off

:sonic:

Cassio

Smash Master
THe crawling thing is really mediocre against anybody that has range. Earth chose the absolute worst option in that situation...he could've used ANY actual attack to hit the crawl, or at least make him shield...
It was vs Selcia I believe, although I was thinking it could be better used in another way...

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i beat adhd last 7 sets (most recent set, GF of clash1 which chibo never put online, i went all-aggro and 2 and 3 stocked him first 2 games), gnes last 3, i think it's pretty even tho, i just put ridiculous work into the MU last year, also, none of the other diddys are even close to them 2 (and I think gnes and adhd are more or less even in skill overall). 3rd best diddy would probably be Felix or Anti unless there is a great japan diddy i am unaware of or something.

pikachu i think either mk wins 55 or it's 50 50

i also think fox beats MK for sure (MK is obviously better overall by a lot but i do think fox wins head to head w/out question), but USA has no foxes on that level or even close to that level (TKD is mexico)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Aggro Knight generates lots of openings. That's why Nairo gets beaten a lot for the most unexpected stuff.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
The diddy list is probably still gonna have gnes and adhd for a while, chances are they'll be entering random events enough to keep them on the lists, plus no one else could really take their place atm.

Esam's avi still ****ing sucks

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ook v Mike on Green Greens
that is all

Can fox's usmash trade with MKs dair (even if its spaced)? If it can it be done out of a shield/pshield fast enough to trade?
If you mean like a rising Dair, I'm pretty sure he is just too high to get hit by it, but you can probably get him with an aerial.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lets watch ESAM run into the same attack 3 times in a row.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1lWe_7fmA#t=06m51s
hint: next time fsmash >_>
LOLWTF Eric. Just message me and I'll teach you how to beat :peach:.
If you mean like a rising Dair, I'm pretty sure he is just too high to get hit by it, but you can probably get him with an aerial.
Depends where :metaknight: is. A Sh Dair is super unsafe in general and can be Usmash'd because :metaknight:'s body will be susceptible to a hit. Dair camping in the air even when it connects cannot be Usmash'd if spaced because the sword doesn't cover a hurtbox.

I'll just say that :wolf: is probably top 6 vs :metaknight: to be honest. The matchup is close to even, but :metaknight:'s adaptability makes it switch to a +1 unfortunately. The options he has is simply better then :wolf:'s.

:metaknight:'s "hardest" matchups in no order: :wolf:, :fox:, :falco:, :pikachu2:, :snake:, :diddy:, :olimar:, :popo:.

Edit: I don't see how :marth: and :zerosuitsamus: could be -1 vs :metaknight:. I just don't...

#justsayingsinceeveryonebeingretarded

:018:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Seagull lost to Nicole at APEX 2012, I saw it with my own two eyes.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Im back and i demand 2nd spot as best TL. i will prove at SKTAR that ya boy still got wat it takes.
The king has returned YEEEAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUHHH

But on the real w/ the Diddy list. People can't just take those spots...not until Diddy mains get better @ the game. Those 2 are just...leagues ahead of other Diddy Kongs, and the results prove it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
He doesn't play Wolf, Seagull. Your lupine influenced advice is an exercise in futility. :applejack:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Most top :toonlink:s are the same, some just more proficient at certain matchups than others. MJG is the most patient of them all imho.

ADHD and Gnes are clearly still leagues ahead of other :diddy:s. I can literally pick out a clear habit in any Diddy's playstyle except for Gnes'. For example: AZ loves to roll a lot/control the ground most of the time (his air mixups have always been lacking), and Zinoto seems to LOVE running back and forth a lot with a banana placed in front of him until he feels it necessary to throw out a SH fair. Still have yet to see anything Gnes does that isn't, at face value, a simple adaptation to a situation.

Seagull vs Illmatic would be close. Seagull vs passion-less Illmatic would be a landslide. Sure, Seagull has a :wolf: fetish (lol), but the man does put in the work with his character. There's no denying that.

DRN

Smash Lord
Edit: I don't see how :marth: and :zerosuitsamus: could be -1 vs :metaknight:. I just don't...

#justsayingsinceeveryonebeingretarded

I'm actually of the opinion that :zerosuitsamus:::metaknight: is even. I've thought this for a while and is after I've played Tyrant, m2k, seibrik, dojo, Zero, ect. I can go more in-depth sometime once I'm off my phone and on a computer. I've also talked to nick riddle and Dakpo a little about it and both somewhat agree but have personal problems with the match up.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
ADHD and Gnes shouldn't be taken off this list for a while to come, they are much better than any other candidate for that spot. The skill gap between 1/2 and 3-5 is kind of large. I'm curious as to the results of the other diddy's like GDX, Vato, Fliphop, etc.

Orion*

Smash Researcher

Player-1

Smash Legend
Most top :toonlink:s are the same, some just more proficient at certain matchups than others. MJG is the most patient of them all imho.

ADHD and Gnes are clearly still leagues ahead of other :diddy:s. I can literally pick out a clear habit in any Diddy's playstyle except for Gnes'. For example: AZ loves to roll a lot/control the ground most of the time (his air mixups have always been lacking), and Zinoto seems to LOVE running back and forth a lot with a banana placed in front of him until he feels it necessary to throw out a SH fair. Still have yet to see anything Gnes does that isn't, at face value, a simple adaptation to a situation.

Seagull vs Illmatic would be close. Seagull vs passion-less Illmatic would be a landslide. Sure, Seagull has a :wolf: fetish (lol), but the man does put in the work with his character. There's no denying that.
gnes likes to throw bananas, also anytime he is sent off stage he recovers. Pretty bad habits IMO

You're saying it like habits are a bad thing, they only are when your opponent starts to pick up on it and punish you but you fail to adapt

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

Illmatic doesn't know :wolf: lol. Least that's what I have understood from playing him on Wi-Fi. Though who knows...I'll MM him for like $5 bucks at Whobo.

:wolf: fetish...? Lol...? I talk about my character the same way everyone else talks about theirs. I'm not a furry or anything of the sort. I'm just passionate towards who I use in brawl.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i'd woop ya ***, seagull

i beat you like 5-2 on wifi wtf are you talking about budddd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom