• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I mean, he was number 2 on the list for a long time for a reason >_>

School's been bogging him down, but he's definitely a huge tournament threat for the entire MW. The difference between him and Ally is that Ally more or less won the region while he's a threat.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ally has a number of tournament/MM wins with Pit, including Kain and Domo. Even if you're generous enough to completely ignore Krystedez' inactivity he still doesn't have the same kind of wins. Plus, your argumentation was garbage, no offense. Because he's your favorite Pit to watch he should be #2? As long as he isn't active and doesn't have the same accomplishments as the others do [and right now, you can't claim he does, can you?] then I don't see how it warrants a spot on the list.

:059:

DeLux

Not sure if serious or bad at reading >_>

I put him at number 4 on my list. I was the one to bring up he should be moved down in favor of Ally. I think Krys is better than Luckay which isn't a stretch with recent results coming in (you know, the one where they tied at a major regional then a poor placement by Luckay recently splitting the difference). My list isn't that much different than yours other than I accounted for the fact that I haven't seen Ed to place him and Luckay had a minor stumble as of late.

I'm not arguing he should be on the list because he's my favorite Pit to have watched. That's just an added foot note. He is indisputably pretty ****ing talented with the character and would logically fit in the slot above Luckay on YOUR list which is where I put him on mine. If my argumentation was garbage, your ranking is also garbage.

The real question is if Krys is so bad, why wouldn't you put Vinnie/Dabuz over Luckay AND him?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
When did I say he was bad? I said he's inactive now and he has only a handful of decent wins before that. Luckay beat P1, AZ, MX at Vengeance, dunno if dabuz / Vinnie have ever beaten anybody good with Pit.

And #2 was a typo. Kira, Krystedez, Koolaid ... all those K's got me confused :p

:059:

DeLux

He's not inactive now >_>

He just hasn't done anything in the last month to hurt his record. In comparison Luckay kinda came in 9/15 at a local recently. Not to put stock in one tourney (I don't know if you can call AZ due to rust and MX notable wins and if they disagree they can place better to prove me wrong), but Vengeance has been viewed as sort of a break out tournament for Luckay, but there might be indication he's regressing. At the time immediately after the tourney, they were pretty close to comparable.

So if they were comparable and one is showing signs of regression logic dictates that spots is Krys's to lose, or Luckay/Dabuz/Vinnie's to take. Luckay has a more semi established track record, so giving the benefit of the doubt to him for now although I would probably be willing to bet that just inherently being elite players would give Dabuz and Vinnie an edge if they seriously played it out over the next few months. Who knows, Luckay could prove that 9th place a minor speed bump.

Given my history on the boards, I'm kind of insulted (despite the "no offense" remark) you'd think my context is specifically out of subjective arguing when it's obviously logically sound. I maintain that my list is more or less your list, minus Ed with Krys > Luckay. Seems curious you would call me out on that when I'm the one to bring up Ally over Krys to begin with.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
My only problem with luxs reasons is luckay gets punished for doing bad at a tourney while krys stays for being inactive during that time...everyone has bad days and krys said he was supposed to go to a tourney around the same time as L but hasn't yet so IMO they should still be tied. What's to stop someone from getting decent wins to get on then only staying active enough to keep on the list?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I forgot about Kool when he started using MK.

If he's in the same boat as Ally, he goes number 1.

1.) Kool
2.) Ally/Kira
3.) Ally/Kira
4.) Luckay/Krystedez
5.) Luckay/Krystedez

I am on the verge of removing myself from the list due to activity and not wanting to play the game anymore AND rank myself. It's just not really fair the everyone else. Although I really appreciate the sentiments by Lux, I'm really no more talented than the best in MW, like Shugo and such, with their characters, and until I can take those people down like Ally takes down on a daily basis, and Kool's been doing for ages, I don't really care anymore about my placement. I'll put myself on there if people want me on there based on results, otherwise someone who is getting up there with Pit as good as Ally has recently in their respective regions should be there.

The problem is, the only good Uprising pit as of late imo is Ally. (as in, he's the only good one that started using him.)

EDIT: And since Luck participated in a small local and got bootied, I don't really count that against him considering at LEAST he's been more active. When I get a chance to grab my wii back from Hades and find a tourney to go to with my Dad or Composer's crew, I'll get back into it :)

Finally, I'm gunna go back a bit and find the requests that have been made today. Hopefully I can get a tentative list of changes out tonight.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I picked up Pit. Vinnie come to Kansas where I tell him to pick up Pit. Dabuz wins a national with Pit. Dabuz plays Pit in Brawl.
Thought it was more of dabuz using Pit for some tournament, had some picture of him taken with a cardboard cut out of pit being posted in here by roller I think... Then everyone started jumping onto the train after KI/dabuz thing happened.

To be painfully, I never recalled you doing anything that perked my ears.

DeLux

Nope, I definitely picked him up first. This is a pretty well documented fact among the Pit mains and kind of a running joke that we've had now that everyone is copying me.

To be painfully honest, you are wrong :)

k9.

Smash Ace
Kira is the best pit and he will show it at the Regional in AZ. Its on June 2nd so be ready to change the list again after you change it this time Krys.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
its summer time! which i can a lot of out of state tournies. Time for a final set in stone proven point to every player reguarding pit....... and rob

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
MikeKirby for number 5 Kirby.

What has the current #5 done? MikeKirby recently beat Chibo and 2-0'd Inui last week 2 stocked each time. Other than that, he gets decent placings in NY/NJ and is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

:phone:

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
its summer time! which i can a lot of out of state tournies. Time for a final set in stone proven point to every player reguarding pit....... and rob
awesomeness - go **** with pit and take that #1 spot
and yeah idc bout yo rob, not half as fun to watch
on second thought, drop rob, full pit, look cool :smirk:

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of the Arizona regional on June 2nd, keep an eye out for Stevo (KiraFlax's brother), a Mario main who is currently ranked #6 in AZ (the highest-ranking Mario on any PR list in the United States). Almost everyone who's played him (including MJG) believes he's one of the best, if not THE best Mario in North America, and hopefully this tournament will expose that fact.

Here's his channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Stevo5555/videos

falln

Smash Ace
oh yea mikekirbys been doing some good things with kirby. his wins may even put him to #4 but i dont know RRR's results at all so im not sure on that yet

1 falln
2 chudat
3 ybm
4 rrr/mike
5 mike/rrr

looks pretty solid.
chu's also starting to play again and doing good in his region which is pretty good, but he also has a year's worth of inactivity to compensate for and i dont think his current wins are enough to compensate for what i've been doing for the last year and a half now

Cassio

Smash Master
I wouldve been fine with Koolaid jumping to first as pit until New England got bodied at collision. I think he needs to prove himself in a stronger region at least if hes going to insta jump to first.

Cassio

Smash Master
My last post applies to Chu too. If Junebug's Falco can win first after a massive hiatus and kawaii poyo is getting 4th, cant really say Im impressed with MD/VA as a region on top of their poor showing at Vengeance. Chu needs to have more notable wins from stronger regions.

falln

Smash Ace
if 6 months is all that's considered then yea 6 months is fine.

some arguments that have been thrown around for keeping m2k above nairo and ally on the mk list was the sheer amount of time he's been on top which muddled things a bit

MJG

Smash Hero
Speaking of the Arizona regional on June 2nd, keep an eye out for Stevo (KiraFlax's brother), a Mario main who is currently ranked #6 in AZ (the highest-ranking Mario on any PR list in the United States). Almost everyone who's played him (including MJG) believes he's one of the best, if not THE best Mario in North America, and hopefully this tournament will expose that fact.

Here's his channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Stevo5555/videos
Yea. Stevo is the best mario hands down.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Summer time and an old but still extreme drive to become #1 on pit and rob list by such a large margin its unthinkable to say anyone is anywhere even or close to that spot.

Yea. Stevo is the best mario hands down.
Also yeah Stevo is the best mario currently and ever before, no mario has ever stepped on his marios level not even boss's mario straight up with 100 percent confidance.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
mario mario mario my mario momma mario momma momma mario

gnes' mario tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom