• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Recently both the 2 and 3 Pits came in 7th at a MW regional tournament. Playing against about the same level of competition, Ally went Pit against everyone but Fino and Domo from what I understand and won the tournament.

Better results in comparable settings for Ally

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
That is why a tier list would be great. If these people aren't going to get put on the top 5 list, then depending on who these people beat, The tiers should change for that character.

Example: Ally wins a tournament with Zelda but doesn't get ranked. Since he could do this, this must mean that the top 5 Zeldas are not up to date with the matagame and their spots on the top 5 should not be valued in the same way when compared to a character like MK who has a bunch of players fighting for a spot.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Wins should be the basis of this list. It should be based off of a strong record of wins against high level players. I don't know Ally's track record as pit, but he's not the only one that this affects, at least I hope not.. If he picks up pit for a day and starts winning with him, so be it. He can be on the list. He can be on the list for every character. This is a top 5 list, not a top 5 primary list. If a list of top primaries is desired, then everyone on the list would need to choose one character to be on the list.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
i duno if i addressed this yet, but yeah, at Apex i MM'd you wario vs sonic

u were either in some bad mood, or u felt u were playing poorly cuz i remember u suiciding and dairing off stage cuz u didn't want fight wario anymore or something i duno
He doesn't care enough about Money matches to try.
I think it was either you or FOW that he did the same thing with suiciding since (I think Speed?) wanted to play him in Sonic dittos so he just ran off the stage and gave the money to FOW. It was until after the match Espy realized who he just played.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I disagree lux. I don't think ally or dabuz's current wins are comparable to koolaid, krystedez, and kiraflaxes atm.

DeLux

Let's look at Krystedez results objectively. I wasn't contending with KiraFlax's ranking, and Koolaid should be on the top of the list I agree.

Ally WON a tournament with the same level of competition where Krys came in 7th (where he had to use Wario to get there). Objectively, the only person that Krys beat in his bracket of note was Roller (and an MK Less Overswarm). At a different Michigan tournament, Ally also beat Roller with Pit.

Ally picked up a lot of wins at Don't Blink, unless WTP was mistaken on how often he used Pit in the bracket. If we're trying to get an accurate reflection of the metagame currently Ally is without a doubt putting up better results than #2 Pit Krys.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I mean kryst has a lot more wins than just roller iirc. He can come in and help me out w/this if he wants.

Either way you agree w/me that he shouldn't be first or second, yet.

So we're good.

and ya ally went pit the entire bracket except once or twice. Watched almost all of his matches on the stream.

DeLux

Just saying, results are results. Ally's been bringing them in and they logically place him at least at 3.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I agree with the notion that this thread needs to make up its mind on whether it is a top 5 users list or a top 5 primaries list.

In other news, KingKong is entering a tourney next month, so it looks like there's no longer any need to take him off the Bowser list for now.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
2 the pit players... I'm sorry Ally is better than all of u with ur character. Learn from his successful tactics(as Future President Seagull Man so excellently elaborated)

But then again Ally is really top 5 in North America so he would be great with damn near anyone he uses.

:sonic:

:phone:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Why is there a limit to how many lists you can be on and why should it matter if someone mains the character if they're clearly better with said character than the people on the list? That should be a ****ing sign that they need to step their **** up.

DeLux

I do not agree that Ally is better than all Pit players.
I mean, what other Pit player wins every tournament he enters (other than koolaid)?

It's sort of like discrimination against good players or something. If an unknown random pit descended from heaven and started turning in similar results, I'd almost guarantee he'd be on the top 5 list. But for some reason people immediately discredit that it's not that the good player is good with the character, it's just that they are a good player?

Winning doesn't care how good people think you are with the character. It only cares about winning, which is the ultimate test on how good you are. Ally wins with Pit more than the other Pit players therefore he's better. It's pretty straightforward until all kinds of labels of mains/secondaries, activity, and all kinds of other weird logic that is thrown around.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Ally wins with Pit more than the other Pit players therefore he's better. It's pretty straightforward until all kinds of labels of mains/secondaries, activity, and all kinds of other weird logic that is thrown around.
It's not about winning as much as it's about who you actually beat.
I'd say Krys, Kira, Koolaid, and Luckay probably have better wins than his pit does atm.

Dcold

Smash Lord
I wasn't saying that Ally wasn't good with Pit, or saying that he can't do well with Pit, just that I don't think he's a better Pit than the likes of people like Koolaid, KiraFlax, and debatably Krys/Luckay. I may be wrong, but if you could show me who he's beaten with Pit then I'll change my mind, you kind of have to compare who he's beaten to them. The only one I know for certain that I watched the video of was his Pitto vs Roller.

My comment was directed to the person saying that Ally's Pit > all other Pits.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
You should only have one primary character, and you could use them once and count them as your primary, you just won't be making any lists any day soon like that.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
This is a top 5 list, not a top 5 primary list.
this^^

I do not agree that Ally is better than all Pit players.
I don't think people are saying that? IMO and probably everyone else in here, no one is saying Ally's Pit > Kira's or Koolaids, just that he deserves a spot on the list.

@delux - Krys said one person can only have 3 spots on this list, which I still don't understand.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
The list will probably be updated once we stop talking about pit.

Before his finals we were saying luckay was better, krys believed their wins were even so he wouldn't move out of his spot. Now he's done with finals and the talk is how allys easily doing better with pit and he's nowhere to be found :088:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm here I'm just trying to figure out when I can amass all the changes that need to be made.

I don't know diddly squat about who Ally wins against in bracket with Pit, but his results alone put him at 2 at least below Kira, end of story, if they are to be believed and taken seriously (as in if the wins he gets are actually worth his position in the results)

If you guys want to know what the list probably looks like its this:

1. Kira
2. Ally
3./4. Krys / Luckay (I am thinking of putting Luckay up there but he said something bad like he sounds like he performed less than his usual)
5. Someone. Fyre I think deserves it, but if others are keeping up with the above 4, then they should have it if they've got better results.

As for the 3+ character thing, I really only did it so that people would quit trying to grab so many spots. If you want to be on the top 5 list for a character (or people want you to be), and you have 3 other spots, then I will HEAVILY look at your activity with other characters, and start removing you from them, starting with the least used recently, until you only are on 3 lists.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
because hes too good compared to the other pits, it wouldn't really be fair to compare them

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm not sure, but I've only seen koolaid at one tournament recently. Although, it could have been more and I just missed it, but I think he'd need more than just one tournament.

Diddy list update please:

1. ADHD
2. Gnes
3. BigLou
4. Player-1
5. Vato

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Ally and Kool-aid are easily the best pits, anyone debating it is just delusional. Ally proved it in less then 2 months, hilarious.

:017:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I gotta see Ally's Pit in action, but this almost seems more like the actual player and not just the character. Fundamentally, having the basics down is more important and then building from there. Ally's got a phenominal foundation that he utilitzes with the basics on other characters, knowing what works and what doesn't, and using it all to his advantage to win.

Someone like Ally could probably Top 5 the entire damn list if he wanted to.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Ally and Kool-aid are easily the best pits, anyone debating it is just delusional. Ally proved it in less then 2 months, hilarious.

:017:
Kira is good. Really good. He should stay 2nd at lowest, and what else has Kool-aid been to in his time?

Isn't that what Ninjalink tried to do back at Brawl's early life?
Not sure if he made videos as much, but NL had a hand in the metagames of a number of characters, and of course known for partially creating and mastering Diddy (at the time). Another good example is his Lucas play, really good imo

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Proposal for new Pit list [in accordance to results, wins and skill guesstimations]:

1st Ally
2nd Koolaid
3rd ~ED~
4th Kira
5th Luckay

If Ed doesn't count because of stuff then move Kira / Luckay up one spot and add like Vinnie or Dabuz for 5th.

:059:

DeLux

I don't know enough about Ed, but based on my knowledge I'd venture something like this based on results:

1. Koolaid
2. KiraFlax
3. Ally
4. Krystedez
5. Luckay or Dabuz or Vinnie

Krys should be on the list imo as he's VERY talented and probably my favorite Pit to have watched. Pits on the rise would be Kuro, Maharba, and myself. I expect big things out of those two come summer time, not so much me though since I'm retired.

Outside of that group there's always a few rumblings of an elite player playing Pit at a tournament, but I haven't heard/seen anyone do something noteworthy yet. However, everyone is a giant copy cat and picked up Pit when I made it the cool thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom