• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnes

Smash Master
vinnie has better accomplishments then zac...
When did that happen? has everyone literally forgotten the things zac has done lol?

I remember an Ike player from NY wrecking your whole region :D
Wasn't that like literally almost a year ago, I do remember coming to your region like a month ago and getting second to m2k however.

Also Cali as a whole is not better than Tx. But that's a argument for another thread.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
When did that happen? has everyone literally forgotten the things zac has done lol?

Wasn't that like literally almost a year ago, I do remember coming to your region like a month ago and getting second to m2k however.

Also Cali as a whole is not better than Tx. But that's a argument for another thread.
"Like"... "literally"... "almost"...

dat English :awesome:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's funny, because the top Cali players always get wrecked when they come to Texas.

Edit - In fact, MikeHAZE even came and lost to Dojo at a MK banned tournament once. I'll put our top players against California's top players in a crew battle any day and watch Cali get **** on.
That depends. How big would the crew battle be? We might win a 5 v 5, but I'd actually put money on Cali to win 10 v 10 or anything upwards. The average level tournament player in Cali is on a higher level than our average level tournament player. Then again, with how sporadically people in Texas play each other compared to Cali playing every week or bi weekly, hard to accurately judge sometimes.

I know someone's gonna come in here and accuse me of having no pride for my region lol. I'm proud of my region, but I'm also realistic. And I think every other region barring Northwest and Midwest has a stronger average player level than we do, despite our phenomenal top players.

I remember an Ike player from NY wrecking your whole region :D
San wrecked Houston, not Texas. I know people forget that there are other cities in Texas, but yeah lol. You didn't see me or Dphat play him and lose... Thank god btw cause I know if I lost to Ike Dphat would not stop saying **** about it until I retired rofl

Well tbh Zac has slowed down playing Brawl by a significant margin. If we were comparing Zac in his prime to Vinnie in his Prime, I'd probably give it to Zac. Same with Kos-Mos if we were comparing Peach players at their very best to each other. If we are talking more recently, Vinnie has probably done more than Zac.

Prime = Zac. Current = Vinnie.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Either you guys have a bad sense of humor or you really find this funny. I saw what you said and I think it contradicts your points. The list doesn't effect how you play in tourney, yet you don't want to have to worry about your name being thrown around in a "flawed list that holds no weight in the first place". Correct me if I'm wrong, You just said you don't think the list will have an effect on HOW you play in tourney, but instead you WORRY about where it's gonna put your name on this "flawed" list. Two completely different things. Forgive me if I'm wrong but if someone truly doesn't care about something they wouldn't care if they were on it or off it. So saying "take me off because I don't want to have to worry about where I'm gonna be on the list, I just wanna play without thinking about where I go on your list afterwards" Someone who truly doesn't care would just go "I'm on the list? Wow ok I don't even agree with this. Oh well I'ma just keep playing to the best of my abilities, I don't care where what they think I won't view the thread anymore". Also NAKAT a big thing you said in your post was that you didn't want to be involved in any arguments or player comparison about who's better than who. But the drama you're causing on your name being put on the list is almost trumping the Peach argument.

You're on the list. Deal with it. If you want off place horrible.

Orion, why are you still on this list you heavily don't care about? I mean it's a useless thread you'd rather not see the community focus on. Then why are you on it?
I'll let Orion continue his rampage and I lol at the Pwii statement btw xD. Anywho I should have control of where my name is added on. If you are making a list congrats have fun with that, but just respect my wish and remove my name from something that I don't want to be apart of. If you don't listen to me don't expect me not to just leave it alone Lol! If I don't care about the list and I want to be off of it what is the problem? Also I don't see a problem with Orion posting. If something is mentioned that he disagrees with even in a thread he hates why can't he post? I mean you keep quoting him so obviously he is going to come back and reply back to you.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
id put texas as 3rd best but i don't think they are as overall good as california. I know that Texas ***** Cali when Cali goes to Texas but I think the crowd is a factor in that. I think Cali has more top players. Texas has Gnes who's really good and then Razer who counters Gnes and is about tied with Fatal for 2nd best snake (Depends Matchup) and Dojo who quit then after that it's a bunch of good players but not as many top level players as cali. I think cali is better overall and Texas would be 3rd.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'll let Orion continue his rampage and I lol at the Pwii statement btw xD. Anywho I should have control of where my name is added on. If you are making a list congrats have fun with that, but just respect my wish and remove my name from something that I don't want to be apart of. If you don't listen to me don't expect me not to just leave it alone Lol! If I don't care about the list and I want to be off of it what is the problem? Also I don't see a problem with Orion posting. If something is mentioned that he disagrees with even in a thread he hates why can't he post? I mean you keep quoting him so obviously he is going to come back and reply back to you.

NAKAT, I'm not taking you off as long as your ranked as a good Fox. That's it. Orion isn't just replying to me either he's putting his input in this "useless" thread so he claims.

omgsh lol W.E I'm over it, you're on the list because if you aren't it's inaccurate and that's not fair to do. Especially if you don't care about the list. So deal with it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
id put texas as 3rd best but i don't think they are as overall good as california. I know that Texas ***** Cali when Cali goes to Texas but I think the crowd is a factor in that. I think Cali has more top players. Texas has Gnes who's really good and then Razer who counters Gnes and is about tied with Fatal for 2nd best snake (Depends Matchup) and Dojo who quit then after that it's a bunch of good players but not as many top level players as cali. I think cali is better overall and Texas would be 3rd.
That sums it up imo. I love Texas but Cali you guys play too damn much for us to overall be better than you.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I think it's safe to say, Cali has more National level players than TX atm. I feel like TX's Regional level players are exceptionally good and definitely have the potential to be National level in like a month or 2(and by this I mean with Pond right around the corner and then Whobo we could see something). We'll see how Pound plays out but so far most of Cali's PR is National level playes, they all put on a great deal for their region at MLG as well as FL did.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Orion, why are you still on this list you heavily don't care about? I mean it's a useless thread you'd rather not see the community focus on. Then why are you on it?
Even if I don't agree with it, I'd rather people do something properly if they are going to do it. That's all

Prime = Zac. Current = Vinnie.
i could live with that

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Jason he quit him for good???

Dmg u dont even go to tourneys anymore u don't know how good everyone is lol
My soul is always present though. Besides I'll go to Whobo and get like top 10 and be back in the scene again. It's always like that Gnes, just gotta be patient.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I was joking Gnes :p I'd have to say though, since NY/NJ is now one region it's hard to say that it isn't the best. You are one of theee best players in the US, top 3 or 4. But you can't carry Texas on your back, NY/NJ has more top level players over all even if YOU can beat most of them

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I was joking Gnes :p I'd have to say though, since NY/NJ is now one region it's hard to say that it isn't the best. You are one of theee best players in the US, top 3 or 4. But you can't carry Texas on your back, NY/NJ has more top level players over all even if YOU can beat most of them
Idk, combine Cali with Texas, and rule out M2K for any region

That would be a REAL crew battle

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'd love to see a crew battle between either of these regions but lets try to stay on topic guys. haha M2K came out of nowhere with that post I feel. Idk what it had to do with the list, but it's a good convo for another thread I feel. The only time we'll be discussing a region is when we compare the 2 different players from 2 different regions and figuring out which region is tougher will be a factor. However, that doesn't seem to be the case now so lets not get out of hand with a region vs region argument.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
so it would be...

Mike Haze, TKD, DEHF, Tyrant, Gnes, Ultimate Razer, MJG, Zex, and Trela

VS.

Anti, ADHD, Nairo, Atomsk, Vinnie, Will, San, Shadow, Dabuz and Nakat?

That would be really tough for NY/NJ

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lol @ the Peach stigma still floating around. (no pun intended)

The argument between Illmatic and whoever wasn't even that bad, haha.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Even if he quit Snake, that doesn't matter...He's still the best Snake @__@.
Like I said, it's the Prime vs Current discussion. The prime of Snake = Ally. But if he doesn't play with him past this point anymore, you can't say he's the best Snake for the time period.

Kos-Mos was hands down the best Peach player to ever play the game. But if we are talking about the best Peach right now? Kos-Mos won't even be on the list unless he's been playing recently and not telling people about it lol.

Gnes

Smash Master
I know, but it still hurts...lol

But really, I'm not arguing that Texas is better than east coast. I think everyone agrees east coast is definitely the best region right now. Like Ktar felt like a regional/national skill lvl wise. But i honestly do believe we are better than cali at this point in the time. Especially with Dojo potentially attending more events(Whobo, etc.). Hopefully when genesis 2 comes around we **** :)

Vinnie

Smash Master
Gnes is right, Zac outdoes me in accomplishments and I'm not better than Zac's prime. I do think I'm currently the best g&w though, even though I do use secondaries sometimes.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Gnes is right, Zac outdoes me in accomplishments and I'm not better than Zac's prime. I do think I'm currently the best g&w though, even though I do use secondaries sometimes.
I said that like a page or two ago, you better give me some god damn respect you young mother ****er.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
so it would be...

Mike Haze, TKD, DEHF, Tyrant, Gnes, Ultimate Razer, MJG, Zex, and Trela

VS.

Anti, ADHD, Nairo, Atomsk, Vinnie, Will, San, Shadow, Dabuz and Nakat?

That would be really tough for NY/NJ
TKD is Mexico -_- Throw in Espy for lulz :awesome: and Jerm > MJG, Roy_R > Zex

Tagxy

Smash Lord
^ That list forgot Rich Brown

Socal/TJ is better than NY/NJ. And if its a 5 v 5 I cant see anyone taking Socal alone without M2K or Ally (or both), although I think FL would come closest (FL is also > TX :p). All of our top 5 players are national threats, while I really havent seen Nairo, Will, or Vinnie come close to that sort of performance. Shadow maybe if he were at his old level, but I could say the same about DSF (who's on our PR so still technically active).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom