• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Dabuz, you're working too hard now, and as for cassio, you're doing too much to analyze the situation and the record. Just quit trying to explain it to each other in this topic because it's getting nowhere fast.

As for what Cassio is saying about the national tournaments being the primary point (which you actually agree with giving him the nod for), he isn't saying that it's the end - all be - all for the comparison between you two or anyone for that matter, but in fact that it's the one thing that seperates you two on this level. Since he DOES have national(S) and more than enough local / regional aptitude, that is why he is or has been placed 1st for a while now. That isn't to say that you can not possibly be first with him having that over your head.

I think I'd like to analyze both player's performance in last 6 months PERIOD, though. when that is done I have more than enough reason to put the players in where they belong :)

EDIT: I'd also like to know what RB personally thinks, since we know what Dabuz thinks lol

Cassio

Smash Master
Yeah, Krystadez said what I meant about nationals. I was hoping it wasnt that hard to figure out .-. On top of the fact that performing well at a national means more than a local even if some players for the local went to the national. lol.
1: More notes: DEHF, your "olimar slayer", lost to Nietono in apex bracket. IIRC Mikehaze has lost to RB every time they play except for one time Mikehaze went MK, having exp=/=being good at the MU. I heard Anuar got second at a recent Socal regional? Also, didn't he win a local not long before that...a local where RB entered and got second? Anuar is a great player, but since all Socal is soooooo good at the Oli MU, why do they lose to olimar still? I mean, it seems more common for Socal to lose to olimar than beat olimar. Also, why is it that Vinnie can beat RB, when almost no one else in Socal can? That must mean RB is actually terribad at the ICs MU. You said he is good at the ICs MU...I'm not sure if I can trust your opinion on the matter now.
Rich, Anuar, and Nietono do well because they're good. You should come to SoCal and find out for yourself how well olimars are able to perform :reverse:

Also I think Rich only played vinnie once over a year ago.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Dabuz never mentions his recent losses, which are like tearbear/pelca/shugo aside from the top top players, yet he mentions RB's losses. Seems fair to compare both not just one lol.

Chuee

Smash Hero
1: More notes: DEHF, your "olimar slayer", lost to Nietono in apex bracket.
and so did every other american player he fought with the exception of Nairo (who then lost in losers finals)? It was last hit and Larry beat him in a MM. Saying Larry somehow isn't an Olimar slayer because he barely lost to one of the best players in the world is silly.
IIRC Mikehaze has lost to RB every time they play except for one time Mikehaze went MK, having exp=/=being good at the MU.
I doubt that's true, I know for sure Mike has beaten Rich in Marth vs Olimar before.

I heard Anuar got second at a recent Socal regional? Also, didn't he win a local not long before that...a local where RB entered and got second? Anuar is a great player, but since all Socal is soooooo good at the Oli MU, why do they lose to olimar still? I mean, it seems more common for Socal to lose to olimar than beat olimar.
and then you actually look at who he beat..........
Anuar beat Mike, Tearbear (who you lost to), and Rich.
That's excluding Socal's best players against Olimar (larry and Tyrant), and he still lost twice to Havok recently. It's funny that you say it's common for Socal to lose to Olimar than to beat Olimar, however Anuar beat them once (correct me if I'm wrong), excluding Rich. Then look at Rich's records against Socal's top players. Larry has lost to him one time, and beaten him every other time they've played (which is a lot). Tyrant occasionally loses to him, but I think he has a positive record against Rich. Mike has a somewhat evenish record. And Havok might too (with MK, Havok recently lost to Rich with Snake). Tearbear has a negative record against Rich.

Also, why is it that Vinnie can beat RB, when almost no one else in Socal can? That must mean RB is actually terribad at the ICs MU. You said he is good at the ICs MU...I'm not sure if I can trust your opinion on the matter now.
what........... So because he lost to Vinnie 1 time he's suddenly bad at the MU? Also, wasn't that awhile ago? I'm not sure why you're saying he can't be good at the MU if he lost to Vinnie. That and the claim you make that almost nobody in Socal can beat Rich is horribly wrong.

2: Cool, now show me various results of MKs recently whom RB has beaten and I have lost to, your statement has no weight otherwise.
There's M2K, Anti, Tearbear, Havok (1 game for you).
Rich is 2-1 against M2K, while have 2 or 3 wins against M2K and 2 loses?
Anti hasn't lost to Rich and has played him a few times, while you have 1 win on Anti and multiple loses.
I don't know if Rich has lost to Tearbear at all, while you lost to him the 1 set you played.
Havok probably isn't very relevant since you only played him in one game.

Anyway, ONE place lower at APEX 2012, look at how big it is, 1 place lower is not a big deal because some brackets are easier/ harder and people get lucky. BTW, you obviously forgot that he double eliminated by a player I am 1-0 against, which goes to show that bracket luck plays a role.
To be fair, matchup wise, Rich's bracket was much harder than yours.
Rich's bracket was MK and Snake.
Your's was Wario, MK, whoever Mikeray used, MK, Snake, Diddy.
Seeing as how I'm sure you'd admit MK is Olimar's hardest MU, his was a harder bracket.

Nice try. But I love how you don't even mention the importance of regional consistency. Alas, I have already responded to this argument.
Rich is also very consistent in his region.

What if it is 2-0 in my favor in the past 6 months? Actually, what if my last loss to him is almost from a year ago, can I bring it up?
Rich's only loss to M2K was almost a year ago. Doesn't really matter since both of you beat him the recent times you've played him.

ACTUALLLLLY, can you tell me RB's notable wins in the past 6 months? I'll give you mine if you give me his :3 [/COLOR]
Jtails, Holy, Tyrant, vVv Zero, and M2K are his Apex bracket wins.
In pools he beat Kismet, Delta, Ed, and Pitzer.
He has a few wins on Mike from late last year.

falln

Smash Ace

2: Cool, now show me various results of MKs recently whom RB has beaten and I have lost to, your statement has no weight otherwise.
tearbear!

pesonally i think rich is better but he baylifed half way through our last regional sooo

socal is running 2 large tournies this upcoming month tho and im assuming dabuz is going to concentrate iv so maybe wait til after that?

...i got the **** ninja'd out of me with my tearbear post :(

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Nexus stop posting.

You've been making Southern California look bad and I won't have it.

@chuee

Also rich is 2-2 vs m2k at least to my knowledge

lost tp 5
won MLG DC
Lost E4J champion
Won APEX2012

he could have other wins or loses that I do not know about however.

Roller

Smash Legend
Krys, why would you discourage a public on-topic debate in this thread? Isn't that what this is for?

I'm tired of seeing low tiers nobody actually cares about going at it. This is more interesting and meaningful, imo.

Besides, there isn't any severe flaming going on. Some caustic responses, for sure; but this is one of the cleaner battles to occur here.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
If it just keeps going full circle, then our attn is too focused on one subject and just adds more flames to the kettle so to speak... and post count..

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
It was pretty tight to see Dabuz get so hyped after beating M2K at LSC, and then get utterly demolished by Tearbear in Bracket. And Lose to Gnes after. Teehee.

I saw Dabuz wouldn't even shake Terry's hand.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think it's more a matter of Olimar, Zek.
I think everyone loves watching Olimar get demolished. :applejack:

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Stop talking about that, and start talking about the All American American American American.

From a tournament yesterday:

1) Coney :ness2:
2) Logic :olimar:
3) Seagull :wolf: :diddy:
4) Jrugs :snake:
5) GIMR :ness2:
5) SSR :peach:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXXc3rZz8PA

okay before anyone asks the tournament was free and had 12 entrants but STILL

This might be the greatest post ever.

For relevancy: this kinda solidifies Coney's Ness as like top 3, lol. One does not simply defeat Logic and Seagull.

Gnes

Smash Master
It was pretty tight to see Dabuz get so hyped after beating M2K at LSC, and then get utterly demolished by Tearbear in Bracket. And Lose to Gnes after. Teehee.

Lmao that was so funny.

He was like holding his hand back. Terry too good against oli. My boy Zori did the best against him ^_^

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Gimr and Coney made a bet to go all Ness that tourney so see who was the best. Though Coney DID go DDD against seagull one game, making Gimr super salty.

N3xU5

Smash Apprentice
Specifically in the past 6 months rich has barely played, and only attended a 2-3 locals at most, and did really badly at one of them. When rich is in practice he clearly shows his superiority over dabuz i.e apex. but if you were to calculate overall results dabuz might be on top due to his local results, even though its sort of clear that rich is better from what he does when hes active/in practice. Depending on how much more apex counts than other tournaments maybe rich should keep his spot.

Edit: badly meaning getting 5th iirc

Cassio

Smash Master
Nexus what are you talking about? I mean that in every way possible. The worst he ever did iirc was at the Nevada tournament where he lost to FOW and SK92 (after beating him in winners).

His only other "bad" loss that I know of was anuar (whom hes beaten lately as well), at the same tournament he beat tearbear twice soon after LSC. The last big tournament he entered was WGF which he won.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

Yep, I don't shake hands unless I really respect my opponent.

Edit: Or if I am raging.

Specifically in the past 6 months rich has barely played, and only attended a 2-3 locals at most, and did really badly at one of them. When rich is in practice he clearly shows his superiority over dabuz i.e apex. but if you were to calculate overall results dabuz might be on top due to his local results, even though its sort of clear that rich is better from what he does when hes active/in practice. Depending on how much more apex counts than other tournaments maybe rich should keep his spot.

Edit: badly meaning getting 5th iirc
This list is about current and relevant results, if RB hasn't attended much then currently he is not performing.

Here is my win/loss list from the past 2 seasons for NY/NJ PR. Tournament placings not included because those are not listed for the PR.
(The season that just ended: 4.5 month season approximately)
Wins
Ultimaterazer ($100 mm)
Maharba the mystic($15 mm)
MJG ($10 mm)
Ally ($5 mm)
Trela
Gnes
Megafox
Zori
Havok
Infinity
Kprime
M2K x2
Nike
(A couple other wins from LSC championships, amateur and pro brackets never uploaded)
False
Deltacod
ADHD x 2
Vinnie x 5
Wes
(3 randoms from apex pools R1)
Espy
Nicole
Hylian
Seagull man
Sky
Mikeray
Jtails x 2
Fatal
Zorai
Jash
iSuck
Archie
Coney
Punishment Divine
Mintyflesh
(A few other wins from fatality 3, bracket wasn't uploaded, might of beaten some combination of will, jash, doom, and randoms)
Will
victor - B
decadon
Joe ST x2
pelca
atomsk
JPisCrazy
Smurf

Losses
Neo
Esam
Tearbear
Gnes x 2
Rain
Vinnie x 4
Shugo
Pelca
ANTi

Season beforehand (3 months season, therefore some wins/ losses are older than 6 months)

Wins
Defeated Vinnie x7
Defeated juice.Ally x2
Defeated vVv Cheese x3
Defeated juice.Fatal x2
Defeated Will x2
Defeated John #s x2
Defeated Dark.pch x2
Defeated ADHD
Defeated Bizkit
Defeated Logic
Defeated Bloodcross
Defeated TeeVee
Defeated Bleachigo
Defeated juice.shadow
Defeated vVv Chibosempai
Defeated Neo
Defeated Deven3000
Defeated Harpking
Defeated H1N1
Defeated Nathan
Defeated Shadowfiend
Defeated Xivk and jokaru
Defeated SGTW
Defeated Nuke
Defeated Silver Sonic
Defeated Dul0r
Defeated Complete random (xD)

Losses
Lost to ADHD x3
Lost to Vinnie x2
Lost to Atomsk
Lost to Nairo

Now, someone get me RBs results, wins AND losses.

Cassio

Smash Master
Look it up yourself or ask him, I already gave you the summary. His losses dont look as bad as yours, and obviously you have more wins from entering more. As I said from the beginning even when you focus just on results you both have local consistency, but he has national consistency. And that extends beyond two nationals. Also stop setting arbitrary criteria and intepretations to suit your needs, its annoying, lol.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Yep, I don't shake hands unless I really respect my opponent.

This list is about current and relevant results, if RB hasn't attended much then currently he is not performing.

Here is my win/loss list from the past 2 seasons for NY/NJ PR. Tournament placings not included because those are not listed for the PR.
(The season that just ended: 4.5 month season approximately)
Wins
Ultimaterazer ($100 mm)
Maharba the mystic($15 mm)
MJG ($10 mm)
Ally ($5 mm)
Trela
Gnes
Megafox
Zori
Havok
Infinity
Kprime
M2K x2
Nike
(A couple other wins from LSC championships, amateur and pro brackets never uploaded)
False
Deltacod
ADHD x 2
Vinnie x 5
Wes
(3 randoms from apex pools R1)
Espy
Nicole
Hylian
Seagull man
Sky
Mikeray
Jtails x 2
Fatal
Zorai
Jash
iSuck
Archie
Coney
Punishment Divine
Mintyflesh
(A few other wins from fatality 3, bracket wasn't uploaded, might of beaten some combination of will, jash, doom, and randoms)
Will
victor - B
decadon
Joe ST x2
pelca
atomsk
JPisCrazy
Smurf

Losses
Neo (0-1)
Esam (0-1)
Tearbear (0-1)
Gnes x 2 (1-2)
Rain (0-1)
Vinnie x 4 (5-4)
Shugo (0-1)
Pelca (1-1)
ANTi (0-1)

Season beforehand (3 months season, therefore some wins/ losses are older than 6 months)

Wins
Defeated Vinnie x7
Defeated juice.Ally x2
Defeated vVv Cheese x3
Defeated juice.Fatal x2
Defeated Will x2
Defeated John #s x2
Defeated Dark.pch x2
Defeated ADHD
Defeated Bizkit
Defeated Logic
Defeated Bloodcross
Defeated TeeVee
Defeated Bleachigo
Defeated juice.shadow
Defeated vVv Chibosempai
Defeated Neo
Defeated Deven3000
Defeated Harpking
Defeated H1N1
Defeated Nathan
Defeated Shadowfiend
Defeated Xivk and jokaru
Defeated SGTW
Defeated Nuke
Defeated Silver Sonic
Defeated Dul0r
Defeated Complete random (xD)

Losses
Lost to ADHD x3 (1-3)
Lost to Vinnie x2 (7-2)
Lost to Atomsk (0-1)
Lost to Nairo (0-1)

Now, someone get me RBs results, wins AND losses.
I put your record within your losses, also highlighted the NEO matches across seasons, so people would know you're 1-1 with him but in different seasons.

With a resume like this and extremely recent, I honestly can't see RB being number 1. But hey, if someone pulls up his recent results..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom