• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
PJ is ridiculously good when he starts to get going. I'm not saying whether he's worse or the same as my boy MJG or anything, but I've played against him and teamed with him myself. The guy is very legit.

And people need to stop underestimating Infern. I mean...if you really want to be proven wrong about your initial impressions of him then by all means be skeptical of him, but don't say I didn't tell you so.

@Dakpo - Yeah he probably won't be busting out too much ZSS down there. You guys have too much matchup experience against her, so Kirby is definitely going to be a more feasible choice.

:phone:

knuckles213

Smash Ace
That's like saying Ally shouldn't be on The Captain Falcon list cause he doesn't main Captain Falcon, he Mains MK and Snake
I think a person should be on the list if they main that character, next in line people who second that character if there an issue where the actual mains don't step up, then the random players that only use that charater for a short time (probably never use that charactr again in tournament).

The reason Zeton is not on the list is because (and this is my final time explaining) he personally asked for his name to be removed due to what was aforementioned. If you have to know why he does not wish to be on the list, you can personally ask him.

If you want someone besides Tearbear on the Fox list, show someone else besides Zeton or Tearbear who has accomplishments with Fox. Thank you.
Why is trump taken off?

plus, I think Fox players just dont care about being on a top five list

falln

Smash Ace
No one should really care about being on this list. It doesn't make them play any better or any worse.
says a non-lister

but seriously its important for people who put in work into this game to receive recognition for their work. no one wants someone to get more credit with a character that they havent done as much with

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
but seriously its important for people who put in work into this game to receive recognition for their work. no one wants someone to get more credit with a character that they havent done as much with
No, but a lot of people don't care either way.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Trump is off because of activity/people wanting megafox and tearbear. I assumed trump was on still because it was old. I am open to putting him back on if he's still active in the past 6 months / has better wins than Tearbear / results.

falln

Smash Ace
the list is a reflection of people's accomplishments
the problem imo lies in the 4-5 spots where people who havent really done that much are trying so hard just to get on the list. thats why imo the list is best at top 3

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Your main motivation should be at your own tournaments, not a top 5 list, especially considering that normally after #1/2 for the non-top tier/high characters they aren't placing well in tournament anyway.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why is ven only #4 on the Zelda list? He beat Z, he should be 3rd at the very least.

:059:

Dcold

Smash Lord
I'm confused as Mars isn't on the top 5 Sheiks...the only reason the "Sheiks Confirmed it" is because Mars has been banned, and we don't get to see his results because they're out of the way to find Utah results outside of our results thread (Lazy). Mars gets top 5 with Sheik only, and I believe is PR ranked in Utah.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Offline I end up playing PJ and Jerm semi-regularly and I played Gnes' TL once. To be honest, Gnes' TL could have possibly been toughest TL I faced. I know the MU a little better now since then, but if the other two have been top TLs, Gnes is easily a top 5 contender for that character.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Because this thread is a ****ing joke and full of lies and bias.

Where results and wins don't matter nearly as much as being the flavor of the week.
Do you not read? Any of you?

The reason Zeton is not on the list is because (and this is my final time explaining) he personally asked for his name to be removed due to what was aforementioned. If you have to know why he does not wish to be on the list, you can personally ask him.

If you want someone besides Tearbear on the Fox list, show someone else besides Zeton or Tearbear who has accomplishments with Fox. Thank you.
This is the last time I'm bringing this back up, if you haven't gotten the hint by now, then your loss.

Anyways, I want to update this thread but I'm gunna have to compile some of the changes requested. There's quite of directions we've been going, with TL, Sheik, Fox, and a few others.

MJG

Smash Hero
Not Texas bias lol. Ask the other top TLs who have seen him recently.

This. PJ is REALLY good and he is underrated. I vouch for him

Thanks :). Actually all I've been playing is Tink lately. I hardly ever practice diddy these days. I've got some stuff to iron out, but I'm getting there. Me/mjg trade diddy/tink secrets ^_^.
Definitely. Actually, Gnes came up with a BROKEN TL set up that I am gonna test when PJ comes up to Kansas for a tourney in ohio :bee:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I won't lie, I quit reading this thread at the request of a MOD who told me that I wasn't allowed to troll post on this thread anymore.

I check every once in a while, Mike brought up an excellent point and I felt it necessary to say that.

Even IF that's the case with Zeton, I still stand by what I said because it applies to other characters.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Mars may or may not be a T-5 Sheik. I guess NoID, too.

Does playing among top players in Utah quantify the same as placing 9-17 in huge Texas tournaments? What about, iirc, 3-9 in MD/VA? Or top 3 in MI with an IC/MK being one of the best players in the region?

I think that's what you're comparing if you're splitting between Tutu/NoID/Mars/Tree to be honest. I think for now the top-3 are on lock though. Billy, Ed and Judo seem to clearly be the best of the bunch.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm confused as Mars isn't on the top 5 Sheiks...the only reason the "Sheiks Confirmed it" is because Mars has been banned, and we don't get to see his results because they're out of the way to find Utah results outside of our results thread (Lazy). Mars gets top 5 with Sheik only, and I believe is PR ranked in Utah.
Tree would probably win all of Utah's tournaments.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I won't lie, I quit reading this thread at the request of a MOD who told me that I wasn't allowed to troll post on this thread anymore.

I check every once in a while, Mike brought up an excellent point and I felt it necessary to say that.

Even IF that's the case with Zeton, I still stand by what I said because it applies to other characters.
Instead of throwing around insults then Rob, please enlighten us on how the thread is biased and how the list is lies (or backwards).

Roller

Smash Legend
dehf, z is completely free for ICs. I watched you vs him. You need to learn that mu better. He was being an idiot and you let him get away with it. smh.

SMH.

afk

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Honestly, Gnes has the best Toonlink.. in my opinion.
Only because he's a smarter player and understands these extremely weird options.

Then it's MJG
Jash / Jerm,
PJ / Kingtoon.

MJG is a clear cut above the rest.
Jash and Jerm are basically in the same tier. Both amazing players but extremely inactive.
Kingtoon and PJ are near the same level and have equal accomplishments.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I think I should be a top 5 ICs.
Nah scrub, I beat your ICs with my Bowser. THAT -4 MU.

And about Tearbear using Fox: He does use Fox in tournament. I've seen him beat Havok's Snake in tournament around November, if I'm remembering the date right. I'm not sure how much Fox he's been going lately, nor do I know how to rank his Fox, but he has used the character, and it is good.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Your main motivation should be at your own tournaments, not a top 5 list, especially considering that normally after #1/2 for the non-top tier/high characters they aren't placing well in tournament anyway.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$s

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think the list for DDD needs to be fixed the most.

1.) Atomsk should be like 2nd or 3rd. He goes mostly DDD at MK banned tourneys and does very well with him. Recent results are probably easy to find, Smashachussets is the most recent one I think.
2.) Zekey is the 2nd best DDD in the USA? First of all his results / wins are nowhere near as good as those of 4GOD and second he uses Diddy now. He's good enough for top 5 but 2nd is a huge stretch. Right now, he is NOT better than 4GOD and Atomsk.
3.) 4GOD as 3rd is justified but not below Zekey.
4.) Addy is the strongest DDD in a highly competent region and should be on the top 5 for sure.
5.) Lee Martin still wins regional tourneys and he uses DDD with or without MK banned. He probably should be taken into consideration
6.) CO18 =/= active; hasn't been for a long time

1st Coney
2nd Atomsk
3rd 4GOD / Addy
4th 4GOD / Addy
5th Zekey / [Lee Martin]

That's a DDD list I could approve of. Or you could switch Atomsk's and Zekey's places on the current list and replace CO18 with Addy or something.

:059:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I almost always agree with Gheb, lol.
This time isn't an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom