• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
Hey Kryz, I think your pros/champions idea is interesting, but I like your other idea better. Have a time frame for a character where the community can discuss their potential top 5, and after the window's up decide on top 5 and move on to the next char (kinda lyk the matchup export threads). I think this would be

1. Like DLA said, easier to maintain (once the top 5 for each character have been discussed, you'll only ever update it lyk every yr or 6 months, instead off potentially updating all the time)

2. More meaningful inside and outside the community
Ex:
SSF4 guy: "So Scatt, are you like top 5 for your character in brawl?"
Scatt: "Well, you see, we have this pros/champions thing going on and..."
SSF4 guy: *Makes troll statement here*

3. Since its more meaningful, more players will take the thread more srsly and be motivated to place better and be reconsidered for the next update. I dont think many players will treat this thread as official otherwise. (This is just my humble opinion).

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
That's a great anaylsis, 4G. Thanks.

I think if this idea is a bit too ambitious, I'll take it to another level in the format it was meant to be in; Wifi Ditto practice :troll: that's where the idea originally came from. I CAN actually run that in a separate thread perfectly, no problem. I might even do fun graphics and such for each thread.

So I'm thinking for now I'll just pay attention to the discussion for the next "quick update", then we'll follow a schedule.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Keep the thread the way it was, legends is too complicated and i can tell more people are gonna be put on than there should be and others who should be on won't be on. With regards the the champion/ runner up system.

NO, there shouldn't be a specific critique to move up on a subjective list, the point of this list is to show who is the best, by only allowing runner ups to take a champ spot, it makes creating an accurate list more difficult.

Cassio

Smash Master
Theres definitely a need for some type of "hall of fame" type idea though, whether its this thread or its own. People shouldnt sit on the top 5 list while not playing and then get placed below players who arent able to match their accomplishments simply because of activity.

I dont want it to be too encompassing, but I think the legends idea is maybe too constricting.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
and that's why I wanted a HoF thread, but I was too lazy to make one and thought it lacked discussion potential.

Machrineith

Smash Rookie
The new proposal sounds dumb. Someone can understand how to play a ditto a lot better than how to play the game overall, and some dittos are just dumb in general. I think that regional/national wins should count for a lot more.

Coney

Smash Master
the idea that the best of each character should be able to win dittos is stupid

i beat co18, then considered the best ddd, at pound 4. i wasn't even near his level, i just beat him because the ditto is stupid...we didn't even infinite each other, but if we did it would've been even dumber.

general accomplishments are better.

∫unk

Smash Master
part of me wants to keep up with all the counterarguments i can make in this thread, but alas i don't have all day on the boards

i think the ddd's that say the mirror is dumb are not qualified to talk about it
1) they haven't played enough ddd dittos at a high level
2) they haven't practiced the matchup enough
3) they've never played another high level ddd for an extended set (4 out of 7) after steps 1 and 2 have been completed

don't jump to conclusions based on theorycraft

Coney

Smash Master
true

nope

3) they've never played another high level ddd for an extended set (4 out of 7) after steps 1 and 2 have been completed
considering there are like four top-level ddds in the entire world then yeah i agree

forgive me but it just seems kinda

stupid

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
the least dumb mirror in the game is ICs since they have to play so radically different. It's almost like they are a new character when it is a ditto.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Falco, Marth and IC dittos are the only ones I can stand to watch.

And Bowser and Ganon dittos, but that's because they're hilarious and can't be taken seriously.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Falco dittos are ********. I"ll give it to you on the Marth dittos though. Snake dittos are fun sometimes...more fun to play than to watch

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Well, I guess the only Falco ditto I've ever watched was DEHFvRain, so it doesn't really make sense for me to say that I like watching Falco dittos.
But I definitely liked that one.

Jiggly dittos seem like they would be hilarious.

falln

Smash Ace
the least dumb mirror in the game is ICs since they have to play so radically different. It's almost like they are a new character when it is a ditto.
i watched cheese and hylian mm in the ditto at genesis and it looked like the easiest thing in the world

so i mm'd hylian in the ditto right after and won :D

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
The new proposal sounds dumb. Someone can understand how to play a ditto a lot better than how to play the game overall, and some dittos are just dumb in general. I think that regional/national wins should count for a lot more.
the idea that the best of each character should be able to win dittos is stupid

i beat co18, then considered the best ddd, at pound 4. i wasn't even near his level, i just beat him because the ditto is stupid...we didn't even infinite each other, but if we did it would've been even dumber.

general accomplishments are better.

When did I ever say the new proposal had ANYTHING to do with dittos...

The new proposal comes from an old system GameFaqs did that involved DOING dittos to determine the best of their character AT the ditto.

That's it. The system still uses the exact same criteria as the thread currently does to determine player's ability to make the list, except it would not be a number 1-5, but simply a group.

But that's enough of that. Regular updates will commence at a later time.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
How many times have you actually played the ditto?
The ditto is easy when it comes to people who don't know it.
When you both know the ditto it actually becomes extremely hard. And ots not different from any other fight really. and there are cg in the fight. People just dont know when to do it. I live with a ic main. We used to play the ditto all the time. Me and meroknight also used to play the ditto a lot. Its difficult at high level but low level its easy.
:phone:

Chuee

Smash Hero
Well, I guess the only Falco ditto I've ever watched was DEHFvRain, so it doesn't really make sense for me to say that I like watching Falco dittos.
But I definitely liked that one.

Jiggly dittos seem like they would be hilarious.
Falco dittos with the CG are dumb.

| Big D |

Smash Master
part of me wants to keep up with all the counterarguments i can make in this thread, but alas i don't have all day on the boards

i think the ddd's that say the mirror is dumb are not qualified to talk about it

don't jump to conclusions based on theorycraft
Junk, you refused to ditto me, I'm just saying.

DDD dittos are the most hype ever though, don't hate.

Breezy

Smash Ace
Ffffff how could I forget Breezy. He's #3 behind Fonz and me for sure. Tero is also great, though I haven't really seen many of his tournament results. If he's still going Ganon in tournament then I'm guessing he's #4... and I'd put Michael Hey or Vex at #5.
I'm garbage with this character now, and barely play the game anymore. Next tourney I go to will be all ganon, and if I do terrible again, I'm just gunna say **** him and Falco all day.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That's just dumb. Compare the person who 'proposes' to make top 5 to the person he's contending with and see who has better results/accomplishments/etc and ask people who have played the two contenders their opinions and such of whose better, then once all that has been laid out, use all those facts to determine the better player.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
One of the cool things about this thread and other good ones that still exist on this site is the simplicity to them. I'm all for innovation and creativity, but lets not beat this out the frame lol. Keep it simple guys.

Cassio

Smash Master
rofl, you honestly dont need to know traditional ICs to know the IC ditto. The all time great IC dittoers both never mained the character, yet could regularly beat both meep and lain.

Also to those hatin on dittos youre forgetting the epic MLG Dallas Sonic dittos that concluded two great runs from awesome sonic players.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I ****ing hated those sonic dittos. I wasn't watching (I was playing Gnes) but I could hear SO MANY GOD DAMN SPIN DASHES AND SPRINGS AND JUMPS AND ****ING SONIC ****

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I remember playing a match on the TV next to you at Genesis and your TV was EXTRA LOUD and I could hear nothing but PIKA!! CHU! CHU! PIKA PIIIIKAAAAAA!!

There was also a lot of nado.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Falcon and Ganon dittos are hands down the best dittos. No competition.

∫unk

Smash Master
I refused to play the ditto because I don't practice it enough! I would have mm'd you in the matchup... we'll do it next time.

The real reason I didn't ditto is because MK vs DDD is free. I understand the weaknesses of my character and they're really really easy to exploit with MK.

On the surface the ditto seems dumb as hell but I just don't want to write it off because basically we all suck at the matchup.

Every since I came back I've been doing better and better at every tournament, not only in gameplay but also in results. I'm pretty confident I'll make the ddd list. I've never done bad travelling oos over 3 years and I think that says a lot. Only tournament coney and I were at we placed the same.

| Big D |

Smash Master
That game with Busy, was my first time ever doing the DDD ditto. I'm sure you could've won, but the DDD ditto is so legit, but in a lolzy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom