• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judo777

Smash Master
Almost every ditto in the whole game is really dumb lol. There are a few exceptions.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Let's talk about who should go for Ganon. :ganondorf:

Just a note before moving on: I am still taking what we've discussed thus far in consideration for the next update, but I feel like I can do my own research from that and see how it works for the mini-update. For now, let's start on the bottom of the list and work our way up for an organized dissection of the list.

Ganon :ganon will last approximately one week starting today. I want to see if we can do a 35-week run through or such and see how a speedy run through works :) If need be I will make character board topics if Mods are okay with that at their respective forums. Otheriwse I'll just inform their respetive social threads.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Fonz and DLA should get a rise based on recent tourney performance. Fonz got 1st at a tourney all Ganon (beat hunger iirc) and DLA got 3rd beating some good players like YoshQ and Ook.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Actually, question, since we're just starting with Ganon.

Would it be easier to go tier by tier, and devote two weeks to each tier? That way in case some characters are pretty much done, and don't need the whole week... Is that an idea?

Commencing Ganon discussion anyways but just asking.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I think going my tier is better. 35 weeks is a really long time, and other top5 lists will likely change by this is done. We definitely wouldn't need a week per character.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
I agree a week by tiers is more then enough time. a week per character is just pushing it and will most like cause multiple changes to be made by the time your at the top =_=

Flayl

Smash Hero
I know, I was saying that within MK legal tournaments I don't have results from him without Lucario or whatever.

Coney

Smash Master
Would it be easier to go tier by tier, and devote two weeks to each tier? That way in case some characters are pretty much done, and don't need the whole week... Is that an idea?
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT MY THREAD DID

I AM SO ANGRY

THIS WAS MINEcaps

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
What?

10whats

Edit: Tiers it is. Week 1 is for H(yrule) tier. Week 2 will be devoted to G(od) tier unless H(yrule) runs on. At best, we should take only 1 week. At worst, we should really only use 1.5 weeks if neccessary.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hahaha poor Coney, I recognized all this too. A couple things is that your list was for the world, not North America. Also I think someone said this not too long after this thing was made. I think people took this list more seriously because you owned the list. There were spots of drama when Miles owned it but hardly any top players posted here. They felt it wasn't worth their time. This list also isn't viewed by as many people as yours was. Whenever you started a new tier eeeeeverybody knew about it and was watching.

:rosalina:

:phone:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm confused on who you are talking to when you say "you", Ell. Sorry for my ignorance but I don't know what Coney is talking about when he says "This is what my thread did" and "this was mine"... What thread? why yours ? Whats going on?? :<

EDIT: Found his thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282705&page=58

Had to look at your profile statistics, Coney. Sorry if it seems like I'm stealing but I didn't even know you made a thread once similar.
:/

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Coney started a best of each character thread a very long time ago. Each tier was a bomb of drama and trolling. The thread was locked several times. It was permanently locked at D-tier at the time. What's funny in an ironic way was the Peaches weren't responsible for the final lock hahaha

But yeah poor Coney was begging people to cooperate and not get out of hand. It's too bad he has to watch how successful this thread is every other day

:rosalina:

:phone:

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Yeah, when I made the Top 5 thread I had no idea Coney had made one before me because I only stayed on like 2 threads on swf. lol

L_Cancel let me know that you had made one before me after mine was done. He told me it wasn't taken seriously and people couldn't get along. That's why I decided to keep it NA,CAN, and MEX because your's was for the world right?

I also knew I wouldn't get too much care because I'm not a Top player, so the drama wouldn't be as intense, but it was still there. The cool thing, is since I wasn't a Top player it seemed like the list was being made from a 3rd party. That didn't stop people from calling me bias to Tristate players (People believing I was from Tristate) lolol

I gave the thread to Kryst, instead of Kingtoon because I knew Kryst was in the BBR. I thought Kingtoon was in it too, so I thought it'd be fair. I know not everyone likes the BBR, but I had a feeling they'd trust a group of people over someone like me, no matter how neutral I tried to stay. lol

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I see, thanks for the formal explanations.

BBR is definitely helpful backup, but they by no means control the thread directly. However, when changes are being petitioned, I put it back there first for review. I then put it almost immediately up here for review. I do the first step to ensure something glaringly obvious doesn't appear wrong :) (or unfair, if you don't want to say "wrong" in any case)

Flayl

Smash Hero
wow i know I don't go to tourneys often.....

but only 14 tourneys!?!?!? jesus i need to step it up
You mean 14 points right, not 14 tournies? I have only 1 tournament in which you entered recorded and you got 17th (top 24) out of 28.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
It goes back to August 1st 2010.
oh well in that case heres everything I've done since then
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289173 MLG DC, 49th (as Bloodyknite)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293335 Prima Vista, 33rd
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307686 Coney 5-5-5 monthly ep 2, Placed 17th for regular tourney and 3rd for low tiers

i also got one from july 2010 but i'll just assume that it must start from Aug 1st 2010

Edit: the hell i really have only gone to less than 15 tourneys

Coney

Smash Master
EDIT: Found his thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282705&page=58

Had to look at your profile statistics, Coney. Sorry if it seems like I'm stealing but I didn't even know you made a thread once similar.
:/
oh no i'm just kidding, i just think it's funny

one thing you might wanna adopt from my thread though: between some players it is VERY difficult to tell who is better, so it might be better to just tier the two together

it would require a shift in the infrastructure of your thread, though, but just an idea

Flayl

Smash Hero
oh well in that case heres everything I've done since then
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289173 MLG DC, 49th (as Bloodyknite)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293335 Prima Vista, 33rd
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307686 Coney 5-5-5 monthly ep 2, Placed 17th for regular tourney and 3rd for low tiers

i also got one from july 2010 but i'll just assume that it must start from Aug 1st 2010

Edit: the hell i really have only gone to less than 15 tourneys
I had Coney's Monthlies, Prima Vista I can't use because I can't check if you were last in your pool or not. I'll add your MLG DC placing.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I decided to drop low tier tournaments because very few TOs did them and the ones that did frequently had the odd character in it.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
oh no i'm just kidding, i just think it's funny

one thing you might wanna adopt from my thread though: between some players it is VERY difficult to tell who is better, so it might be better to just tier the two together

it would require a shift in the infrastructure of your thread, though, but just an idea

I tried doing that but it seems most people like the current system. I tried doing runner ups all being in one tier and champs (2) being on the top, and not differentiating them.

5 runners, 2 champs. That's how I said it.

But in any case I'm still not dropping the idea. I just want to make the list accurate for now. People apparently like a number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom