• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The State of Brawl in Japan: 3rd Update 14/02/10

cenel

Smash Apprentice
i asked around and this was the opinion of EVERYONE. theyve probably played in the past and Shuu won the ditto. i shouldve asked that too O_o

Souther is aggressive, so perhaps it makes him look like a better player. Shuu is slow and calculating... but very little is actually going to hit him (unless youre kakera).
I asked Yonezmi today on msn he said Souther is still the best snake in japan :o

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
yonezmi lives in the west... perhaps the east and west have a certain bias for their own players? its only natural i suppose... souther is also from the west, while shuu is from the east (where i am).

and i dunno any japanese wolfs that are good. raid is ok though.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
God I wish I could talk to Kakera.

He's using my desynch like..perfectly which only has a 6 frame window while throwing in dashdance desynchs as well..it's amazing. If he stops dthrow fairing and starts learning the walking sopo cg %'s and some other small things omg...the potential..

His IC's are no joke.

Attila_

BRoomer

He's using my desynch like..perfectly which only has a 6 frame window while throwing in dashdance desynchs as well..it's amazing. If he stops dthrow fairing and starts learning the walking sopo cg %'s and some other small things omg...the potential..

His IC's are no joke.
im pretty sure he's not using youre desynch... i was talking to another ic main quite a bit on the day (we were in the same crew) and he had never heard of a 'one-touch' desynch. only 'two touch' desynches (so pressing one way and then the other). i showed him yours briefly and he loved it, dunno if he spread the word though.

and they dont know the sopo dthrow cgs at all. at some point ill link them to our thread on it, cause theyre dashing grabbing mk with sopo and im pretty sure they dont know it works at all on characters like snake and friends.

im sure i can track him down either on msn or smacom, so ill pass it on.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion

His IC's are no joke.
All I ever saw was Dash Dance Desynchs.

But yeah, they may not know alot about chaingrabs and other types of desynchs, but looking at kakera shows hes got desynching downpack.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
im pretty sure he's not using youre desynch... i was talking to another ic main quite a bit on the day (we were in the same crew) and he had never heard of a 'one-touch' desynch. only 'two touch' desynches (so pressing one way and then the other). i showed him yours briefly and he loved it, dunno if he spread the word though.

and they dont know the sopo dthrow cgs at all. at some point ill link them to our thread on it, cause theyre dashing grabbing mk with sopo and im pretty sure they dont know it works at all on characters like snake and friends.

im sure i can track him down either on msn or smacom, so ill pass it on.
I swear I saw him do some of mine mixed in with the dash dance desynch lol I need to watch again. Either way his desynching gets the same desired effect just a tiny bit slower.

Please tell them about the Sopo CG's...he can CG every character most of them to high %'s. An easy example of the walking cg is Grab MK at 0% then Dashgrab X2 then walk till 40% then dash again till 65% into a smash.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I swear I saw him do some of mine mixed in with the dash dance desynch lol I need to watch again. Either way his desynching gets the same desired effect just a tiny bit slower.

Please tell them about the Sopo CG's...he can CG every character most of them to high %'s. An easy example of the walking cg is Grab MK at 0% then Dashgrab X2 then walk till 40% then dash again till 65% into a smash.
Hylian, I swear it was just dash dance.

Its hard to find new material of him on Youtube too, so the vid shmot posted at really rare, good looking out dude.

Please tell them about that cg, it boosts SoPo usability by a huge margin.

Limeee

Smash Champion
is C4 recovery banned? i skimmed through the main post and didn't see anything about it.

i'll have to keep watching these snake vids. :p

Attila_

BRoomer
?

why would c4 recovery be banned? dunno what you guys do in alberta but ive never heard of it being banned and fail to think of any reasons why it would be...

Attila_

BRoomer
would like to mention that ive never actually heard of any of those players. they dont represent at all what japan is capable of.

D0N

Smash Ace
would like to mention that ive never actually heard of any of those players. they dont represent at all what japan is capable of.
ill ignore what i just saw then lol. thanks for uploads Ankoku.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
It IS important to see all sides of Japan, not just the good, just to see how their lower leveled players are adjusting.

Also, I was wondering if you knew where some of their MU discussions are, so I can get a feel for how they see these matches going in someones favor. And if you could find them, translate please? I'm not forcing this down your throat though, feel free not to.

Attila_

BRoomer
i was pointing out that japanese players can come better than that, thats all. people tend to only think of what they see right in front of them, and i dont want japanese skill being misrepresented.

@rubber: as ive already pointed out a number of times, japan doesnt have a smashboards. they have something of a myspace forum for space, by which people discuss things on each others walls and have conversations in mostly small groups. in this sense, there isnt any proper mu discussion. not on a communal level at least.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
So SOUTHER is supposedly visiting some family in CA in a month. Maybe you guys can try to get some matches with him.

edit: Correction, he's in CA now and he's staying for a month.

Attila_

BRoomer
i wasnt aware he was in the us. if someone gives me some tourney details, id be willing to beat i could pass them on...

hang on, how do you know hes in cal?

Top Bottom