• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It's not white hair, it's a slim layer of the white wall behind me that's still visible as a result of Stef imperfectly photoshopping my head XD

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
It's not white hair, it's a slim layer of the white wall behind me that's still visible as a result of Stef imperfectly photoshopping my head XD
Don't blame me, all I did was layer the pink body over the pic cruxis made ;p

:phone:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You sure?

Notice how, to the right of the head of the pink one, there are these 3 white marks (not attached to the head), but they aren't there for the blue one.

I love how this conversation is giving me excuses to post these XD

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Phoenix in BC? That's like a 40h drive!

Also my good friend is running the one I linked, so I was hoping to make it if possible, but won't have a free car that weekend :(
I checked transit too (VIA + bus), and roundtrip it came to a couple hundred $, which isn't worth it imo

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
oh wow, either my eyes are bad or youre very anal.

in more ways than one.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yeah, you guys should go.

Lots of good peeps showing up.

West Coast attendance.

Pot bonus.

Other Pot Bonus.

Plus we love Canada and we'll show you a good time and make sure your trip is we'll worth it. Lemme know if you folk are interested. We makin' magic happen.

:denzel:

Edit: 3 out of 10 of your PR players use :marth: / :falco:.

Gay.

Patches

Smash Master
So far me, joe and meekspeedy. Maybe Iliad. Then I dunno who else. I know sauc3 showed interest, and DDM wants to come too. Either way, no more than like... 5/6

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Then, I would consider talking to either What's The Point or ORI_bro. They generally house bigger groups during our big tournaments. There are several others who can house, however they generally do smaller groups. If neither of those options work, consider DRDN. He probably would but lives 40 mins away from the venue. He's a good option if the formerly mentioned options do not work out.

At the very worst, I'll pitch in some money for you guys to get a hotel.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
whos interested in renting a car? im 19 and have my g2 so im not sure if ill be able to get something but there should be something thatll hook it up
need to know:
1. whos interested
2.your budget
3.if you drive aswell
4.what time you need to leave/comeback
5.where your from

edit: this is for the michigan tourney in june

Last edited:

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Renting a crap car is usually like 50-100 per day, but extra (30-40) if you're under 25 years old.
I'd be more concerned with gas which would probably be a couple hundred, round-trip.
Of course if you guys have room, I'd pitch for both

Cruxis

Smash Lord
itd be cheaper to bus it than rent a car man

v i should have never created that god damn picture i am ashame

so tinaye i am curious, now that the URC is done, which tourneys exactly will be counted towards the PR?
mk legal?
mk banned?
what about stagelists?
what about bicep width and penis girth?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
so tinaye i am curious, now that the URC is done, which tourneys exactly will be counted towards the PR?
mk legal?
mk banned?
what about stagelists?
what about bicep width and penis girth?
I don't think the ruleset matters (except of course stuff like low tiers, wheel of salt, etc won't affect the PR) cause back before the URC disbanded, both WD2 and Apex counted for the PR, and they each used the Apex (MK-legal) ruleset.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
We finished the pre-IMPULSE update (iirc based mostly on SiD7 and OU2, and also used SiD6 for reference just in case) back in June, and we would have released it immediately but Meek wanted to create a...I think Trailer Park Boys-themed graphic for it. He's either really taking his sweet time with or he just forgot LOL

Btw 'we' = PR panel = Tin, Meek, myself and Red X. It was originally Tin Meek Iliad but iirc Iliad's quitting and I don't imagine he wants to keep working on the PR for a game he doesn't play.

Dunno when we're going to release the next update...I'm guessing (key words) we'll either
-Take the pre-IMPULSE update that we wrote in June and release it before SiD8, and then release another update after SiD8 consisting of IMPULSE, No BS 3 (aka RoS:Kent edition) and SiD8
-Release both updates at the same time after SiD8
-Release only the post-SiD8 update

Patches

Smash Master
What's the point of releasing to updates if one is just going two replace another?

Just throw down a finalized update and call it that.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
THE NEW PR

This PR was created using SiD6, OU2 and SiD7, with results from OU2 and SiD7 being weighed the most and SiD6 was only used for reference if need be. It was agreed upon that, with only 3 tournaments being spread out over such a large interval of time, attendance at 1 of either OU2 or SiD7 was enough for a player to be considered 'active'.

The PR-panel consisted (and currently consists) of
-Tin Man
-Meekspeedy
-V115 (myself)
-Red X

[COLLAPSE="Sorry for being tardy to the party, dudes."]
We're aware that this update was delivered almost 3 months late and, to the impatient ones, we, the PR panel (and by the PR panel I mean Meek and only Meek cause it's totally his fault and he's a jerk) apologize for that. It won't happen again (ok it might)
The reason it was so late is that after agreeing on the list, Meek decided to create a graphic for the PR. I just spoke to him a few minutes ago and apparently he finished that a very long time ago, but afterwards his computer 'got *****' and he had to reformat his comp, and was too lazy to recreate the image.

He did, however, give me the A-okay for making the announcement without his graphic. This also gives him time to prepare a graphic for the next update![/COLLAPSE]

So without further ado, here are the new Southern Ontario Brawl Power Rankings!

[collapse=1.]Tin Man[/collapse]

[collapse=2.]
[/collapse]

[collapse=3.]Meekspeedy[/collapse]

[collapse=4.]Iliad[/collapse]

[collapse=5.]Poke[/collapse]

[collapse=6.]Suzaku[/collapse]

[collapse=7.]Dan-Da-Man[/collapse]

[collapse=8.]Red X[/collapse]

[collapse=9.]Patches[/collapse]

[collapse=10.]Peachy~Desu[/collapse]

Honorable Mentions:

[collapse=HM]Inle[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Zhao-Guang[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Blacktwins[/collapse]

[COLLAPSE="Write-ups"]The write-ups are not here right now because for some reason, the PR-discussion convo isn't appearing in my chat logs on Skype. They will be put up soon, I will either get them from Tin or look at the results again and figure out what they were myself. Once I get a hold of these write-ups, I will edit them into this section and will make a post announcing that write-ups are available for those that are interested.[/COLLAPSE]

Yes, I know, this list probably looks pretty silly being put up more than 2 months late, especially when you consider recent results, the fact that Iliad quit and the fact that Zhao is back in Nova Scotia. Again, this list is for the 3 aforementioned tournaments, the pre-IMPULSE season if you will.
If, at this point, udgaf about the pre-IMPULSE season PR, I'm sorry to inform you that you wasted your time reading this. Blame Meek :awesome:
If, at this point, you ARE interested in the pre-IMPULSE season PR and how it turned out, you're ****ing welcome.

Tin, Red X, I hope you don't mind me jumping the gun and posting this without asking you, I assumed it wouldn't be a big deal.

And if I may speak for myself (ie not for the other 3 members of the panel) you can probably expect the next PR update to be after SiD8, which will cover results from
-IMPULSE
-RoS:Kent Edition
-Iliad's tourney for charity (assuming good turnout, good PR attendance, and not-ridiculous results)
-SiD8

Stay tuned, bitches!

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
im salty x 1000000000

I KNOW WHAT WENT DOWN IN THAT CONVO YOU JERKS

srsly congrats to all

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Tin, Red X, I hope you don't mind me jumping the gun and posting this without asking you, I assumed it wouldn't be a big deal.
Yeah for sure, no problem, bout time this got put up lol, glad someone actually took the initiative to do so (not blaming anyone for the delay, just happy it finally got done lol, so thanks for that :))

And if I may speak for myself (ie not for the other 3 members of the panel) you can probably expect the next PR update to be after SiD8, which will cover results from
-IMPULSE
-RoS:Kent Edition
-Iliad's tourney for charity (assuming good turnout, good PR attendance, and not-ridiculous results)
-SiD8
And I think this sounds reasonable, I'd be all for this. Gotta put in some work these upcoming tournies, been slacking too hard recently!

Gratz to the newcomers and those that moved on up!

sauc3

Smash Lord
redx pro as ****, took sets from meekspeedy and me yesterday with ness, he should move up assuming he does well at upcoming tourneys

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Wait did he really? Or are you just trolling XD

I'm assuming you were using MK and Meek was using MK/Sonic?

If it's true then wow gj Mark

sauc3

Smash Lord
i dont know what happened to my mugshot PR idea, it was only the best idea ever
i completed it months ago, even showed it to a few people, just never got posted for some reason

also no im not trolling V, you can check the results thread, there is also a stream on twitch.tv/meekspeedy

Top Bottom