• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Patches: Thanks, I google mapped it and it isn't too far from me. Just gotta take the subway from kennedy to spadina and walk from there. shouldn't be too long. :o
Most of the tournaments in our region are at that venue (A&C Games).

eg I've been 9 tournies, 7 of them were at A&C games.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
If there was a PR for taking 1 game off players but the not set, I'd be #1, just saiyin

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Iirc he requested to be taken off of the PR after the MK ban. I'm not gettin into why lol, but he defs still would've been very high up if he didn't request to be taken off

Tin Man

Smash Hero
THE NEW PR

It has been a long time since the last update, however there was a lot of information that needed to be gathered. Ultimately, it ended up being appropriate to update the PR at this time, given the fact that using the information from 4 tournaments realy helped break ties and develop a finalized list.

The PR was created using the last 4 tournaments (Warlock's Domain 2, Apex 2012, RoS, and SiD 6 (with previous tournaments for reference if need be))

So without further ado, here are the new Southern Ontario Brawl Power Rankings!

Collapsed for suspense ;)

[collapse=1.][YRSF] Tin Man: Attended every tournament and placed well relative to the others in Ontario. While consistency is the main factor present, the #1 position is up for grabs in the next few tournaments. The common trend in those that challenge the #1 position is a lack of attendance at tournaments.[/collapse]

[collapse=2.]Meekspeedy: Tied with [YRSF] Tin Man at Apex 2012, and defeated Mr.R. He also took 2nd place at WD 2. Despite only attending 2/4 tournaments, his placings and tournament frequency relative to the others below him help him maintain his position.[/collapse]

[collapse=3.]V115: Only attended 2/4 tournaments, and is not capable of being ranked over Meek because he did not make a strong enough impact at RoS despite making a strong impact at SiD 6. Over the two tournaments they both went to, Meek did better.[/collapse]

[collapse=4.]Suzaku: Attended 2/4 tournaments. Despite defeating [YRSF] Tin Man, he lost to Peachy and Dan-Da-Man, resulting in a relatively low placing at WD2. However he was able to defeat them at SiD 6, resulting in a 1-1 record against both of them. Losing to V115 twice is what pushed him down since he now has a losing record of 1-2 vs V115.[/collapse]

[collapse=5.]Patches: Defeated Nicole, Zhao, and Poke, as well as out placing those below him on the list at both RoS and SiD 6. Despite not attending WD2, his performances have been strong enough to rise this much.[/collapse]

[collapse=6.]Peachy: Attended 2/4 tournaments. He beat Suzaku, and placed well relative to the others at the tournaments he attended. He has also only lost to those higher than him on the list.[/collapse]

[collapse=7.]Poke: He's out placed those below him at RoS and SiD 6. He also attended WD2. He's also beaten Zhao and Iliad in tournament.[/collapse]

[collapse=8.]Zhao: Dropped due to losses to Poke and Patches He attended 2/4 tournaments and did not out place any of those above him on the list.[/collapse]

[collapse=9.]Iliad: He is normally consistent in both placings and tournament performance, however unfortunately he performed rather poorly at RoS. As a result, he is being put near the bottom of the list, yet still on the list for beating Peachy and consistent attendance.[/collapse]

[collapse=10.]Dan-Da-Man: In reality, sauc3 would have remained on the PR, but he asked to be removed. Therefore a person who was going to be an HM needed to be selected for the PR. We believe that Dan-Da-Man deserves this spot for beating Iliad, and Suzaku. His main competition for this position was R e d X, but Dan-Da-Man has the higher PR wins. None the less, congrats for making it on the list.[/collapse]

Honorable Mentions:

[collapse=HM]R e d X: Attended 3/4 tournaments yet did not perform much better than he did before. He was considered for the 10th position on PR, however his wins where not strong enough.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Blacktwins: Only attended 1/4 tournaments, but he had a strong performance at SiD 6 for a new player.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Phiddlesticks: Attended 3/4 tournaments and was able to make the bracket at SiD 6. His results have also remained consistent relative to the others in Ontario.[/collapse]

Drop-outs:

[collapse=Drop-out]Mr.L/Raidos/Gichan: Lack of attendance for the most part. Despite attending 1 or two tournaments, no notable impact was made.[/collapse]

[collapse=Drop-out]sauc3: Requested to be removed. He would have been ranked 5th otherwise (above Patches, below Suzaku)[/collapse]

All of the panelists would like to give shoutouts too...

[collapse=Shout out]Slate/Joker/Ruinn: Good stuff for your 1st time performances :bee:.[/collapse]

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I've been inspired by Patches to train my butt off.
Going to be "Hitting it hard" for now until ever.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I don't think the lack of threads really matters, but the other stuff makes sense.
Whatever, I'll just beat yo *** at the next tourney.:cool:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I think the OP would look better if it looked like this
[COLLAPSE="Improved OP"]1. [YRSF] Tin Man :olimar:/:falco:
2. Meekspeedy :sonic:
3. V115

4. Suzaku :marth:/:falco:
5. Patches :gw:
6. Peachy :peach:
7. Poke :dk2:/:falco:/:marth:
8. Zhao :luigi2:/:marth:
9. Iliad :marth:/:falco:
10. Dan-Da-Man :snake:/:dk2:

Honorable Mentions

Blacktwins :yoshi2: , Phiddlesticks :wario: , RedX :ness2:[/COLLAPSE]

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
LMFAO

The Vero suit Vamus™

EDIT: Congrats on
Ian the 2-D Brawl monster
PR. There were a few VERY close decisions, especially deciding on a 10th for PR.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
I think the OP would look better if it looked like this
[COLLAPSE="Improved OP"]1. [YRSF] Tin Man :olimar:/:falco:
2. Meekspeedy :sonic:
3. V115

4. Suzaku :marth:/:falco:
5. Patches :gw:
6. Peachy :peach:
7. Poke :dk2:/:falco:/:marth:
8. Zhao :luigi2:/:marth:
9. Iliad :marth:/:falco:
10. Dan-Da-Man :snake:/:dk2:

Honorable Mentions

Blacktwins :yoshi2: , Phiddlesticks :wario: , RedX :ness2:[/COLLAPSE]
LOL ^

congrats on 11th you sexy beast :love:
Thanks cutie ;) Love you! <3

LMFAO

The Vero suit Vamus™

EDIT: Congrats on
Ian the 2-D Brawl monster
PR. There were a few VERY close decisions, especially deciding on a 10th for PR.
Sad face at MMs (and the mini-tourney) not counting for PR :(

But considering that ^ fact, DDM does have the stronger PR wins in bracket so I guess it's cool. One way or another there will be a Ness on the PR at some point, I'll make sure of it ;)

And congrats to the new faces on the PR and those who moved up! :)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Hey, Sauce, if you ever come to a Tournament, always know I won't care if you use Metaknight, even if you get him on random, or pick him.

Metaknight is always fun as hell to play against.

Top Bottom