• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

Cruxis

Smash Lord
i must reveal that i am planning to secondary ICs this summer my friends.

just for olimars

just kidding, i dont have half the patience for that button mashing bullshit. i would go batshit insane trying to pull those grabs off

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
everytime i load smashboards mobile and i see a huge stretch of blank space i think "this must be cruxis"

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
I don't want you guys to be alarmed but I legit just platform cancelled with DK on Yoshi's Island. I did it randomly and I was like wtf did I really just do that, ofcourse I didn't think of saving the replay until the match was over and I couldn't.

Not even joking.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
I don't want you guys to be alarmed but I legit just platform cancelled with DK on Yoshi's Island. I did it randomly and I was like wtf did I really just do that, ofcourse I didn't think of saving the replay until the match was over and I couldn't.

Not even joking.
You can only PC that platform when its tilting, not when its stationary. Just like you can platform cancel on the Pokemon stages when they're forming

:phone:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah, you can only platform cancel on moving platforms (I think Lylat is always considered moving because it's moving into the Z-axis or something). The one on YI:B moves occasionally.

Btw, this means you can platform cancel like 95% of the platforms on RC (including the 2 tiny ones on the ship).

Patches

Smash Master
Practice platform canceling on SV with Marth, then play normally with your main/secondaries attempting it whenever. You'll find that you can do it more and more, with more characters once you get it down.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I can't platform cancel with Marth very easily, his 2nd jump is so small and slow, the timing always throws me off. Maybe it's because I got used to platform cancelling with ZSS and Pikachu.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Regular PC - Hold down on joystick, let go at right time
OR
-Hold down, press A
-Hold down, press any direction on C-stick
-Press down on C-stick.

Instant drop-through - Smash down on joystick and shield at the same time.

Instant shield - Hold down and press shield.

Instant dash- Hold diagonally down+forward on joystick, press up on C-stick.

Instant dsmash- Hold down on joystick, press up on C-stick, press A/Z immediately after pressing up on C-stick.

Instant grab- Hold down on joystick, press shield+A/Z.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Small detail about learning to platform cancel, you can only do it when a characters feet are touching the platform. If you're having difficulty doing it with marth because he flips during his DJ, keep this in mind. I find marth super easy to do it with because his jump is so slow? I can't do it with falco to save my life

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
LOL I've never seen that Mario icon before
And I can platform cancel with his first jump, but not his 2nd. His 2nd one has the weird timing, his first one is alright.
Weird timing compared to ZSS and Pikachu that is

sauc3

Smash Lord
wow at how complicated you all make platform cancelling.

I definitely just hold down and let go when i go through a moving platform. Then I'm like, standing on it.

1 input

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah. And then there's the 5 other things I mentioned, lol.
It's not complicated at all, it's just a long post because I listed a bunch of inputs and outputs.

Edit: Ok, I made it shorter. A lot shorter. I guess there were a bunch of unnecessary explanations, I tend to do that.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
wow at how complicated you all make platform cancelling.

I definitely just hold down and let go when i go through a moving platform. Then I'm like, standing on it.

1 input
nah man, its actually more like youre holding down for 385 frames between your jump input and your character going through the platform, then you release down on the 386th frame, leaving you standing on the platform on the 387th frame.

388 INPUTS

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
if you airdodge with wario as your about to run off a ledge he does a bootleg little wavedash, its completely useless though lol

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
"Peachy: Attended 2/4 tournaments. He beat Suzaku, and placed well relative to the others at the tournaments he attended. He has also only lost to those higher than him on the list."

Just noticed something.. I've never lost to Patches in Tourney. He may have out placed me last tourney.. but w/e i don't mind. He deserves his spot. :p I also have not lost to V in tourney... because we never see each other. I have beat him the only time we ever played.. which was like.. once? lol Again.. he usually outplaces me.. so he deserves his spot.

Top Bottom