• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
We did cheer for joe and for the most part trash talked this place called MTL saying stuff like

"iunno where MTL is"
"prolly a 4th world continent"
"worse than Antarctica"
"wait maybe that is MTL"
"what language to they speak there"
"i think the speak scrub, etc"

LOL

Holy & Ally arent even from MTL, only King Kong is, their from south shore, or brossard, or something like that
you dont need to say bad words to be trashtalk.

Anything messing with a player concentration is considered trashtalk.

Also joe not trying in doubles made you upset and raging, I'm sure you weren,t playing at your best knowing such thing and it messed up with your concentration.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
yeah, I wish Joe gave it his all in doubles. I didn't have a chance in grand finals at all. No hard feelings at all, still like the guy, but that was just hella gay =/.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Yelling "GTA GTA GTA" or w/e is a ****ing great way to snowball games.

edit: Joe, I am still proud of you for beating holy, good shiz. Just wish people weren't so damn inclined to pressure people in-game.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Ally, we're proud of Joe for doing something he's been wanting to do for a long time. I have no illusions about how badly I'd do at montreal if I came. Everyone and their grandmother would prolly stomp on me. Same goes for OOC, but it adds to the hype, it makes it more enjoyable and more memorable.

Does cheering / taunting affect the players? Yeah of course it does, but come on man. You and holy come out to our tourneys and win all our ****ing money ALL THE TIME, we get hyped to **** and cheer for a GTA guy to win some of it back, and you ***** at us for being ignorant? Come on Elliot, have some respect bro.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Ally, we're proud of Joe for doing something he's been wanting to do for a long time. Everyone and their grandmother would prolly stomp on me. Same goes for OOC, but it adds to the hype, it makes it more enjoyable and more memorable.

Does cheering / taunting affect the players? Yeah of course it does, but come on man. You and holy come out to our tourneys and win all our ****ing money ALL THE TIME, we get hyped to **** and cheer for a GTA guy to win some of it back, and you ***** at us for being ignorant? Come on Elliot, have some respect bro.
^ this for the most part

swordgard

Smash Hero
Ally, we're proud of Joe for doing something he's been wanting to do for a long time. I have no illusions about how badly I'd do at montreal if I came. Everyone and their grandmother would prolly stomp on me. Same goes for OOC, but it adds to the hype, it makes it more enjoyable and more memorable.

Im sorry, I don't support messing with people mind just because you want your friend to win. That's just plain wrong. Cheering to create a memorable event at the expense of some other player? Still not acceptable, and definitely not good competitive-wise.

TBH, montreal would not yell against you. We don't do that ****. You'd be surprised at how much more ethical montreal is in general about these things, whether it goes from cheering to throwing matches(apparently it happens in GTA from what I heard). I think the only people that really trash talk each other while playing in there is like me and holy, but theres no interference with the match going on.

There is a thing called fair competition, and I do get you want to support joe/gta players, but if he needs you taunting the opponent, then maybe he does not deserve to win.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Who the hell would ever throw a match?
I am well aware why someone would throw a match, and it's stupid imo

But w/e, let's get the GTA down to MTL for a tourney.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Just to make it clear, you put your money in the pot, you can't hate on whoevers winning. You willingly entered the tournament.

AllyKnight

You guys don't even travel, so dont talk about 'winning all your money' holy sure didn't pay 3$ to take a bus and get there and take your money.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Who the hell would ever throw a match?

But w/e, let's get the GTA down to MTL for a tourney.
Kingace. From what I heard from citrus it happened at other times too. Hell some people from GTA wanted holy to throw the match vs me at uh, SBaN, just so I could play kingace. Me and holy agreed we would play it out.

Iliad

Smash Lord
No one chants Swordgard or Holy, or Ally when they're on a hot streak? No one chants for any of the players?
We cheer for the underdog bro, not just our city slickers. If you watched the stream, you'll note we cheered against Tinman quite a bit too.

It reminds the other player that the crowd is behind them, and that they shouldn't give up. It shouldn't **** up the other player unless it's **** like "MTL IS SCRUB! **** YOU HOLY" etc etc. We didn't troll on Holy, cept maybe Tinaye, all we did was cheer for the underdog to win.

If your opponent being congratulated and rooted for is too much for you, that's certainly wierd, because how would you guys ever do well out of your region? Which obviously isn't the case, because you guys always do.

I said this to ally and I'll say this to you and to marcos too. I'm sorry if us cheering offended, distracted, or pressured you. We only wanted to remind joe we had faith in him and that we supported him.

If anything, i'd think you'd be pressured if everyone was cheering for you.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Kingace. From what I heard from citrus it happened at other times too. Hell some people from GTA wanted holy to throw the match vs me at uh, SBaN, just so I could play kingace. Me and holy agreed we would play it out.
Take comfort that I will never throw a match. There's these things called MMs which can deal with people wanting you to play someone.

Also, I definitely agree with Iliad. I'd definitely feel pressured having people cheering for me. At least I don't have to deal with that
yet

swordgard

Smash Hero
No one chants Swordgard or Holy, or Ally when they're on a hot streak? No one chants for any of the players?
We cheer for the underdog bro, not just our city slickers. If you watched the stream, you'll note we cheered against Tinman quite a bit too.

It reminds the other player that the crowd is behind them, and that they shouldn't give up. It shouldn't **** up the other player unless it's **** like "MTL IS SCRUB! **** YOU HOLY" etc etc. We didn't troll on Holy, cept maybe Tinaye, all we did was cheer for the underdog to win.

If your opponent being congratulated and rooted for is too much for you, that's certainly wierd, because how would you guys ever do well out of your region? Which obviously isn't the case, because you guys always do.

I said this to ally and I'll say this to you and to marcos too. I'm sorry if us cheering offended, distracted, or pressured you. We only wanted to remind joe we had faith in him and that we supported him.

If anything, i'd think you'd be pressured if everyone was cheering for you.
Cheering against tinman doesn't make it OK for you to do it. Were just saying it will always happen for us, and never for you guys because you guys DONT travel. It still isn't fine for you to do it. No, we don't do it in mtl, nobody yells "KINGKONG KINGKONG" when hes beating stroumbert. We watch but we don't trashtalk. Its just plain wrong.

Its not because we win despite that that it isn't unfair and detrimental to us.

AllyKnight

We don't need to argue anymore, not like GTA has ever travelled, only when they used to win, then I came, whooped their ***, and oh no it's too expensive to go to Montreal now LOL.

And I expect no show from Brawl side at Pound 5, VC9.

~XP~

Smash Apprentice
I personally wasn't cheering/chanting at all (not to say I'm not proud of you Joe, I just don't know everyone all that well). I guess everyone kind of got lost in the moment (seeing Joe getting so close and beating Holy) that we all didn't really realize the effects of what it would have on Holy. Carmen talked to me about it afterward, she said that she didn't see it as fair sport, and I do see where she, Ally, SG, and Holy are coming from, but if it had been HRCPoke playing against Holy and winning, I think I would have got lost in the moment too, because I do know him personally.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
We don't need to argue anymore, not like GTA has ever travelled, only when they used to win, then I came, whooped their ***, and oh no it's too expensive to go to Montreal now LOL.

ACTUALLY, we just lost all of our winnigns on online poker rofl :cool:

swordgard

Smash Hero
For the record, KingKong has payed me back everything he owes me. He works non-stop, goes to school, sleeps less than like 3 hours/day and yet still goes to GTA. Less johnning, more travelling.

edit: Done posting for now, gotta play ranked games at a game I am more free at.

-Googs

Smash Lord
Didn't see you make out of pools though I thought Montreal was bad wait nah we improve.

You're very good Citrus though you surprised me the most of GTA.
I was joking I live in montreal aha, and I WILL make it out of pools next time i womped harrrrrrd.
Bring me to pound5 and i'll show you. I am better, I just had nerves and i've found a solution now.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway

Only things that might stop me from going to VC9 are my parents. I also have no intention of going to Pound V.

Serious question though, would I be fine not knowing any French in MTL? I'm seriously considering coming out to the next tourney there.

-Googs

Smash Lord
Only things that might stop me from going to VC9 are my parents. I also have no intention of going to Pound V.

Serious question though, would I be fine not knowing any French in MTL? I'm seriously considering coming out to the next tourney there.
I live in montreal, I have I do not know any french, you will be fine.

AllyKnight

I was joking I live in montreal aha, and I WILL make it out of pools next time i womped harrrrrrd.
Bring me to pound5 and i'll show you. I am better, I just had nerves and i've found a solution now.
ok, Just hope no one friggin trashtalk you.

Also As of Now, I will probably be busing (Or already be in the U.S ) but I will definatly help you guys out if I'm not in Canada

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Awesome. Next tournament you guys have, I'll try to make it. No promises though, I'm trying to get into college for next year.

Anyways, done for now, gonna go play some Pokemon.

-Googs

Smash Lord
ok, Just hope no one friggin trashtalk you.

Also As of Now, I will probably be busing (Or already be in the U.S ) but I will definatly help you guys out if I'm not in Canada
As of now, I am working on getting in a car with raidos and iliad, however if it does not work out depending on how much money I get for Christmas, I want to come.

If i make it down there, can I get housing wherever you stay? It'd be nice to stay with another canadian, especially in a place where I know NOBODY.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Ally:

Me, raidos, citrus, jasuke, and phiddlesticks will be needing housing as soon as we're confirmed. I've tried getting a hold of plank on skype, but he hasn't responded. Think you could start there brohim?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Can't quite get into the hang of things, being swept by a ****ing Bibarel hurts.

Seeing as we're on the subject of traveling, anyone going to be driving out to VC9? Not having to bus there would be pretty great.

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
Ally:

Me, raidos, citrus, jasuke, and phiddlesticks will be needing housing as soon as we're confirmed. I've tried getting a hold of plank on skype, but he hasn't responded. Think you could start there brohim?

You sick F*** where and when are you guys going? Shiiiiiet! Just cause you didn't mention this sh*t to me, I'mma go DK again.

AllyKnight

Ally:

good luck finding housing, it's in the Washinton Area, almost no one lives there, hotels are your only options as of now. Unless you stop at someone's house and drive an hour or 2 to pound 5.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Ally:

i find poundsearch before i log on skype. damns. yea housing is very limited. part of the reason we got the AMAZING venue is cuz of the fact people will be getting hotel rooms, so its good to get hotel rooms anyway. on top of everything the tourney is in the CITY, commuting in and out of there every day would be horror opposed to staying at the venue imo. however you can always ask around, i know know VA housing is baaaaaaaaaaad

-Googs

Smash Lord
i find poundsearch before i log on skype. damns. yea housing is very limited. part of the reason we got the AMAZING venue is cuz of the fact people will be getting hotel rooms, so its good to get hotel rooms anyway. on top of everything the tourney is in the CITY, commuting in and out of there every day would be horror opposed to staying at the venue imo. however you can always ask around, i know know VA housing is baaaaaaaaaaad
a car full of 5 people? How much you think for a room?

Top Bottom