• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

Tin Man

Smash Hero
anyone down in throwing a big smash casual? we'll party it up too like the good old days. Get all the OGs in this too, do the exact same **** we always did and enjoy some good old times. ahahaha

Old school vs Newschool crew battle
Old School Has no chance. Yall are Grandpas now :awesome:

where will we hold it down. And obviously while nate is here. I guess York? Maybe Carter's?
If its gon happen when nate is here, can it happen in january, 1st week guys (people should be off school still)?

how about Raidos' house when his parents leave. Weed and beer for all!

Also, christian get on msn.
Did you ask him lol

Man, I need to get active. I'd attend more tournaments if I could get somebody to give me a ride there+back..
Talk to Iliad + Raidos.

good times at mike's house in the past lol. if hes up for it lets run that again
I'd like to go, hopefully I can make it. If i'm told now, I can book days off work. January would b nice =].

~XP~

Smash Apprentice
I shall be up there, one day, eventually. >.<

I think Rhyme should get A spot, but whether or not he should get a spot over Culex is debatable. But as Tin Man said, it's up to the panelist, not me. : P

None Shall Pass

Smash Apprentice
Culex deserves a spot over Rhyme.

Not only does Culex have several more results spanning his Smash career, he also placed higher at 'The Preservation.'

Rhyme is good, but we're talking about Culex here. Riding the hype train isn't sufficient enough basis when considering rankings.

Sorry.

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
I do agree with your post N.S.P. However, I'd be number 1 on the PR based on who is the Sexiest smasher. A close second and tie is between TOJoe and Jaske, 3rd place everyone would have to play FFA CF battles to determine who would get 3rd place on the PR on sexiness.

Sexiest Smash Power Rankings > South Ontario Power Rankings

I hope to get back into the scene, it was far too fun after a 8 month hiatus and 12 months of work every single weekend.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Bump me off if you need to make room. Not like I've really done anything to deserve that spot yet... but I will.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
I do agree with your post N.S.P. However, I'd be number 1 on the PR based on who is the Sexiest smasher. A close second and tie is between TOJoe and Jaske, 3rd place everyone would have to play FFA CF battles to determine who would get 3rd place on the PR on sexiness.

Sexiest Smash Power Rankings > South Ontario Power Rankings

I hope to get back into the scene, it was far too fun after a 8 month hiatus and 12 months of work every single weekend.
i believe that someone forgot a certain handsome egyptian prince

also i am unbelievably disappoint that there are no tournies in late january. come on you **** just have like a small one in preparation for gis big one, itll be cool

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, we really should have one in January. Though a bunch of us are planning on going to Viridian City 9, so...

Gichan

Smash Champion
Alright homeboys, PR has been updated with reasonings to follow.

also, Da Hype has been updated. If anyone feels something should be added please post. A new section ahs been added as well, "On The Radar" it is for players who performed pretty well who we should watch out for in the future. Do not mistaken this for HM, HM criteria is in first post. On The Radar are for players who may have been overlooked or just seem to do well considering they are not on HM level. This is so people can maybe hear of their accomplishments or appreciate their attendance. In the past people like jMo or Crown could have used this seeing as most people still didn't or don't know who they are.

And I hope you guys enjoy the second and third posts, I don't know if you guys even read it, but these are Michelle's ideas and I feel they are awesome to include and I hope they are not going to waste.

Good **** to PR members and Honorable Mentions.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
1. Toronto Joe: The only person to beat Holy Nightmare. He only ever lost sets to people outside of the southern Ontario. He’s come in second place at two tourneys and out placed everyone else from the region. Has a no losing records to anyone else in the region (except CalvinXue who Joe didn’t go all out on, not using MK.) and has out placed every other player in southern Ontario in doubles.

2. Tin Man: Has a losing record only to Toronto Joe and a winning record versus everyone else he played. Took a set off Toronto Joe and Holy Nightmare in Doubles, and only lost to Toronto Joe and Ally in Tournaments.

3. Ambrose: Has a winning record versus Raidos, and did extremely well at the Preservation. His doubles performances are also amazing, placing 3rd twice.

4. Raidos: Lost to a previous Honourable Mention. Also lost to Culex, whom Ambrose beat. Placed fairly low at the Preservation considering how he was seeded. In doubles, Ambrose has out placed Raidos twice now.

5. Silver Doc: Strong performance at the Monster Smash. Only person besides Tin Man to take a set off Toronto Joe and Holy Nightmare in doubles. Dropped due to Inactivity at the Preservation.

6. Culex: He has beaten strong players Such as Raidos and Gichan. Has shown a good doubles performance as well. Just placed 4th at the Preservation in doubles. Fairly Close to Silver Doc, but Doc’s performance was a little stronger.

7. Gichan: Has only lost to Tin Man, Culex, Toronto Joe, and Raidos. He also placed better than Iliad in teams for the second time.

8. Iliad: Lost to Phiddlesticks and did poorly at the Preservation considering his seeding. As stated above, Gichan has a better doubles performance, and Gichan has only lost to top players.

9. J.L.: Defeated SRTM and Phiddlesticks at the Monster Smash, as well as placing 3rd in doubles. Dropped due to Inactivity at the Preservation.

10. Rhyme: Defeated Raidos, a higher PR win compared to Phiddlesticks defeating Iliad. Rhyme had a better performance at the Preservation, placing 7th, while Phiddlesticks placed 9th, mainly due to losing to Logan.

SRTM fell off the PR due to quitting the game.

Honourable Mentions:

M Prime & Jasuke: They did as expected at the Preservation. Made the brackets, but didn’t cause any upsets.

Logan: Defeated Phiddlesticks

Phiddlesticks: Placed Lower than Rhyme, Has a lower PR win compared to Rhyme, and lost to Logan.

JMO & Avarice: Didn’t attend the Preservation, therefore they dropped.

Dinner

Smash Apprentice
Dinner and Gichan: **** you scrub. This guy comes to the venue with his 100% "I'm going to win, Gi is a scrub" attitude and instead loses his monopoly money in the process. He will be returning to his York U turf to train up for next time. Imma take that monopoly money again!
lol u gonna get ***** son

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
i believe that someone forgot a certain handsome egyptian prince

also i am unbelievably disappoint that there are no tournies in late january. come on you **** just have like a small one in preparation for gis big one, itll be cool
You get Special Sex Egyptian Tier sir.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
^ Sadfase...furthermore...I see...

Props to you guys for getting **** going again, everything is looking spectacular. Great job making results thread a little more exciting to read Gi. Oh Jon...oh Mike...looks like Kurtis and I need to see you more; we all been getting mad lazy LOL.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Ally just salty cause his bro got tha **** from Joe.
Homefield advantage.

Learn 2 not have it please.

Seriously though, I am beginning to think montreal is like the only spot where people are not trashtalking people during matches.

edit: Grats to everyone on the PR though.

Iliad

Smash Lord
What trashtalk during matches? It was all in good fun. No one pulled an everlasting *** and yelled "YOU ****ING SICK ****! DIE IN A FIRE" blah blah etc.

If there was a lack of hype, I wasn't there for it. The only thing that pissed me off about preservation were the people who flaked out and they know who they are.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Guess I should update my spreadsheet with the new PR.
*EDIT* I just realized that because of a typo NekoNekoXD and Niko somehow got combined on my spreadsheet. Dunno how that happened, but it'll be fixed when I update the sheet tomorrow.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Added to my list of fixes.

I might eventually just break down and edit the files live on google docs.

Or, alternatively, I'll just upload an Excel file and update that. No vertical text on Google docs is pretty damn annoying for the pools chart (which is up there) and the brackets chart (which is WiP).

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Hey Illiad, why not come here, ALONE. Play a set vs umm like Kingkong and get 30 people on you. Wait right you guys don't travel, all you say is ignorance. TO Joe only won because of the stupid cheering and trashtalk, I was watching every move.

Newbs.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
oh my gosh someone besides me, iliad, or nick said something what...i dont believe it...

did you guys reallyt alk mad shiz about holy?

oh my gosh im so happy, gta u guys make me so proud

holys more disciplined than that to get affected by trashtalk imo

edit: street fighter u literally got the whole room scouting you and directly insulting your gameplay lol, and they all reek of cigarette smoke

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hey Illiad, why not come here, ALONE. Play a set vs umm like Kingkong and get 30 people on you. Wait right you guys don't travel, all you say is ignorance. TO Joe only won because of the stupid cheering and trashtalk, I was watching every move.

Newbs.
I have no idea how we would go about traveling to a fourth world continent.

Mikey, watch the stream videos of the matches between Holy and TO Joe.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
oh my gosh someone besides me, iliad, or nick said something what...i dont believe it...

did you guys reallyt alk mad shiz about holy?

oh my gosh im so happy, gta u guys make me so proud

holys more disciplined than that to get affected by trashtalk imo
LOL, I hate for either trolling me right now or being once again, AN IGNORANT. I know my brother more than you all. We want to apex, SWORDGARD went to apex, ****talk ****s your mind and concentration, if you don't think so it's probably because when you play, you go on auto-pilot (Brainless play) or just never travelled to get **** talked (No, you going to florida doesn't count, no one friggin knew you so no need to trashtalk you)

Learn your stuff. I can see that Joe and tin man kinda improved, but lol none of you travels enough to do shiz, Joe went to apex and didnt make out of pools when Holy did.

I have no idea how we would go about traveling to a fourth world continent.
you must live in one if you can't spend about 100$ for a tournament out of province lololol

Tin Man

Smash Hero
We did cheer for joe and for the most part trash talked this place called MTL saying stuff like

"iunno where MTL is"
"prolly a 4th world continent"
"worse than Antarctica"
"wait maybe that is MTL"
"what language to they speak there"
"i think the speak scrub, etc"

LOL

Holy & Ally arent even from MTL, only King Kong is, their from south shore, or brossard, or something like that

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
you must live in one if you can't spend about 100$ for a tournament out of province lololol
BAH, I blame school and a lack of job. Though if I'm having trouble with the people around here, I don't really think I'm ready for an out of province yet.

im trolling lol ; )

sorry but i love trolling on the internets lol
Of course you're trolling.

Top Bottom