• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
^ wooooooo

i dont remember being 19 lol maybe yuo wont either ;)

Patches

Smash Master
The way I see it, people don't like the way he's steering the region. No hate Tin, just telling it like it is.

A large part of it is the whole "be in the venue or I'll DQ you" hardassery. Seriously, chill the **** out. Can't go out to get some air without risking DQ.
This, for me.

Also, his change from Pre-CoT5 to Post-CoT5.

@Fuddo. Good **** brah. Live the good drunken life.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I've placed 9th more than once. Haha.
But I AM the best INCONSISTENT player in GTA.

I think V is still Salty about my Giant Eye Ball.
This kinda addresses a point I was about to bring up.

Even though Poke was inconsistent and managed to get on the PR, that doesn't change the fact that he deserved #10 more than anybody else in the region. When you have a scene this small with people drifting in and out of tournaments, there are only a few that attend all of them that can improve, place well and be consistent.

In other words, small scene-->bad people on PR, since..you know...SOMEBODY has to take 10th.
Not that I think Poke is bad, but wording it this way makes it easier to get the message across.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
All of this and the URC stuff involving MK ban and Joe's tourney all seems so childish...You're all people willfully playing a game with no real sponsors...I don't understand why there is so much butt-hurt. While I don't mean to discredit the PR in any way and though it's updates do seem pretty random...does it really matter? In the end regional placement doesn't mean ****. Instead of all this self-hate within region, you should be leveling each other up for Apex and the U.S. cause that's a whole different game that you're limiting yourself from accomplishing by focusing on this horse****.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
It's directed at all of you. Especially those who decided to go to apex and are complaining here.

A decision was made that you guys don't have control over because of inconsistency and lack of definite proof...so step it up and prove that you can actually be consistent at this game. It sucks Patches, but I know you're skilled enough to push yourself past that hurdle too, why dwell on it?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
in all seriousness though if anyone needs the mugshots PM me

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
K, well for one I'm not going for Apex
As for the PR, I don't really care about it too much. I mean, being a fairly new player, I still yearn for recognition, but I'm pretty much satisfied in that department.
I don't really care much about things like the URC, MK ban and whatnot, the point behind my posts towards Googs was basically to show that he's being a **** for no good reason

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
If you don't feel it applies to you, why feel the need to validate yourself? You know long after this he's very well going to be speaking the same way because of personal bias. If he doesn't care for Tin he just doesn't...pretty sure Tin is old enough to fight his own battles concerning that if he felt that the allegations were incorrect.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I didn't want to assume that he's still going to be a **** after I show him why he's wrong, that's why I bothered to respond in the first place. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.
As for the 'validating myself' part, that was pretty much just to let you know that I'm not one to waste time on smashboards when I could spend that time improving. I figured that message was directed primarily towards me because I had been posting in here the most recently, with the most meaty posts.
As for the 3rd part, you're probably right about that. I'll just continue to ignore Googs' ****-talking like I've been doing up til now.

Ministry

Smash Ace
I didn't want to assume that he's still going to be a **** after I show him why he's wrong, that's why I bothered to respond in the first place. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.
As for the 'validating myself' part, that was pretty much just to let you know that I'm not one to waste time on smashboards when I could spend that time improving. I figured that message was directed primarily towards me because I had been posting in here the most recently, with the most meaty posts.
As for the 3rd part, you're probably right about that. I'll just continue to ignore Googs' ****-talking like I've been doing up til now.
you are wasting time posting this you idiot, go practice

Patches

Smash Master
The whole argument was a waste of time. Lololol.

As for me and the whole PR thing. Yeah, I'm a bit pissed off. But I'm over it. Just means i got to do better and improve.

I know I should have a spot on the HM. I deserved it. I was just overlooked, which IMO is stupid. When your doing a ranking system, anyone who is eligible for a spot shouldn't really be overlooked. That's why I'm thankful for Iliad bringing me up to the panelists. For all I know, I probably wouldn't have even been mentioned.

:phone:

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
That was a good read. EDIT(REAL TALK[HONEST CONVERSATION]): na, I take that back. that was a fantastic read. I reccomend everyone to read Joes blog. He's right. I've seen it too, many upon many counter-productive posts. Let it be something as stupid as a stagelist, or haterade towards how the PR was made/who is on a PR. idk if u guys read my post a few pages back (prolly not...lol) but I thought that Patches was more than deserving of being HM. You guys completely disregarded that post and just kept on goin on about tinners. Does that really mean anything, in the grand scheme of things? FFF no. It's just drama, happens all the time. Most of the threads generally on smashboards are active because all it is, is people arguing. Take the top 5 thread for example. It's no different than a PR. And what does that top 5 blog mean? Jaaaaaack ****. And that's fine, lol. Just don't drift from the point, and keep it sensable. People should just try to improve @ smash, and get along with eachother. ****, most of the time when I go to a tourney, I'm not even focused on the tourney. I'm just happy to see everyone and have a good time, chillin with ya boiis and playin some smash.

just sayin.

Alright. Emergency PR meeting. MEET ME IN THE BAT CAVE, THE USUAL BAT TIME, THE USUAL BAT CHANNEL.
Holy rusted metal, Iliad! The floor...it's all...metal. It's full of holes. Y'know...holey!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
That was a good read. EDIT(REAL TALK[HONEST CONVERSATION]): na, I take that back. that was a fantastic read. I reccomend everyone to read Joes blog. He's right. I've seen it too, many upon many counter-productive posts. Let it be something as stupid as a stagelist, or haterade towards how the PR was made/who is on a PR. idk if u guys read my post a few pages back (prolly not...lol) but I thought that Patches was more than deserving of being HM. You guys completely disregarded that post and just kept on goin on about tinners. Does that really mean anything, in the grand scheme of things? FFF no. It's just drama, happens all the time. Most of the threads generally on smashboards are active because all it is, is people arguing. Take the top 5 thread for example. It's no different than a PR. And what does that top 5 blog mean? Jaaaaaack ****. And that's fine, lol. Just don't drift from the point, and keep it sensable. People should just try to improve @ smash, and get along with eachother. ****, most of the time when I go to a tourney, I'm not even focused on the tourney. I'm just happy to see everyone and have a good time, chillin with ya boiis and playin some smash.

just sayin.

Holy rusted metal, Iliad! The floor...it's all...metal. It's full of holes. Y'know...holey!

thanks broski:)

10idbeats

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
After reading some of the things that some of the people in here have had to say, I realized the error in my ways.
I will now stop giving a **** about everything.

Hakuna Matata

Iliad

Smash Lord
"Big saggy ***** lips that can be brown or pink, and serves as a nice blanket for a **** on a cold wintry day." - The Wisdom of Kurtis Trainor during our livestream.

Top Bottom