• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic Glitch/Tech/Non-obvious move list & Gimp Guide *updated 2/16*

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the first one should be common knowledge and the second one is completely meaningless.

but guess what guys i just perfected two more KID exclusive signature moves.
1 is a highly situational ledge tech and the other is a move that makes the fights with snake adn MK a lot easier.

infomon

Smash Scientist
^^ agreed.

KID: ... care to explain? you do a lot of "omg discovery!11" without ever sharing >.>
(as far as I remember...) Not that you have to, lol, but it'd be nice :)

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
during any point of a spincharge, at a certain area of the ledge, when you SCJ it jumps into a spinshot.
this way sound good but it isn't, because your wasting your second jump and moving further from the ledge. this wasn't on the list so im throwing it out there.

also, telling people that sonic slides during the stun from a footstool while he is running gives people a better idea of how sonic's mechanics work, so when people go and try and test stuff they now more about the way he acts

infomon

Smash Scientist
memphis: that spinshot is from the transition of SDR to ASC off the ledge. I hate when it happens by accident instead of the SDJ I was going for >.>

Another reason why it's prolly safer to run to the edge, down-B charge, then tap up on the C-stick to do an SDJ; no chance of accidental spinshot, and the run > SC gives you more time to change your plan.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
^^ agreed.

KID: ... care to explain? you do a lot of "omg discovery!11" without ever sharing >.>
(as far as I remember...) Not that you have to, lol, but it'd be nice :)
well, the thing is, i WOULLD tell you guys except for two things.
1. im not sure if i want you guys taking my moves... and
2. even though one of them, i was doing consistently to xiivi for like 5 hours last night (lol sounds gay) i dont know how they will fare in a tourney setting.

its really funny watching vids of other sonics, cus i do so much stuff that nobody else does...
maybe ill try to get you all some tourney vids if i can and if i can do that, then ill tell you what i came up with.

p.s. ive been leaving little clues as to what i came up with, around the boards

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Great guide TwinkleToes.
I'll have to try some of these, because I'm trying to get Sonic as one of my mains, because Jigglypuff has got nerfed from Melee.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It was basically an inverse of what happened on the video. He was shielding on the edge of the platform as it moves from left to right. I released my SDR and voila.
Over the weekend tournament on Saturday I had, I KOed this guy's Pikachu. I think this SCROD thing killed him vertically (he was at 186-ish% when he got star KOed).

Best part is, it was recorded. I'll link it when it's up.

infomon

Smash Scientist
^^ I really want to see that

Now, time for an excrutiatingly-situational infzy-tech! While you're edgeguarding, you can pivot before your Dair using side-B. I know I mentioned this in the other thread, as a way to pivot into Fair even faster than you could Bair. But it's kinda awesome to be able to Dair backwards, too!

Just side-B backwards, then immediately jump-cancel it, then immediately Dair. Or if you want, you can use the jump to gain some height before the Dair... but if you do things as fast as possible, the side-B jump-cancel Dair-cancel happens really really fast, you waste essentially no time. I think this could be awesome for stage-spiking people out of recoveries from below the stage. If you're not in position for a forward-facing Dair.... basically, we have another zone of control.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
If it helps with any experimenting....

I climbed up the left building of Onett with Sonic (moving to the left) with DownB. I've seen some weird wall climbing before with him so maybe there's a glitch or something to be used.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I was in the center, on the drop through platform. I charged Downb and started heading left, I landed right around the drop through platform coming out of the left house. Downb kept going, actually went up the wall and over the ledge, continuing over the top of the house. No jumping was intentionally involved, and if it did get involved I dont know how, tap is turned off and I pressed no buttons.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Ah, I've got it.

Spin Dash Jump (SDJ) looks neat when you push it against a wall. Because it will rise along the wall, then once it's past the top, it'll pop out over with its normal forward velocity.

Even with tap jump off, hitting Up on the control stick will cause a SpinDash Roll (SDR) to jump into an SDJ. (Actually, Jump, Attack, or even Grab input causes an SDJ.) You must have done one of these things as you were rolling just before the wall, and the SDJ rose along the wall. It's pretty cool-looking.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Ah okay, so it can only be one when you're on the ground or have your 2nd jump, got it. The original idea I got was the combo vid from... someone(forgot) a while back where the Sonic climbed up the side of Yoshi's Island with this. I guess getting good at this can give you a lot of options for getting back to stage in a fast and confusing way.

infomon

Smash Scientist
? You can only do SDJs from the ground. So with respect to recovering / needing your 2nd jump, you must be thinking of something else. Or I'm lost, lol...

Kinetik07

Smash Cadet
NNID
kinetik07
3DS FC
2724-0970-1098
^^ I really want to see that

Now, time for an excrutiatingly-situational infzy-tech! While you're edgeguarding, you can pivot before your Dair using side-B. I know I mentioned this in the other thread, as a way to pivot into Fair even faster than you could Bair. But it's kinda awesome to be able to Dair backwards, too!

Just side-B backwards, then immediately jump-cancel it, then immediately Dair. Or if you want, you can use the jump to gain some height before the Dair... but if you do things as fast as possible, the side-B jump-cancel Dair-cancel happens really really fast, you waste essentially no time. I think this could be awesome for stage-spiking people out of recoveries from below the stage. If you're not in position for a forward-facing Dair.... basically, we have another zone of control.
Cool tech, but wouldn't it be easier to just pivot before you jump as in a RAR with Dair?

infomon

Smash Scientist
lol... yea, if you just want the Dair you should RAR it... but if you actually wanted to use the Fair, and/or threaten with it or whatev.... yea *shrug*

Anyway, Bair > SD-reversed Fair is totally awesomesauce.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
? You can only do SDJs from the ground. So with respect to recovering / needing your 2nd jump, you must be thinking of something else. Or I'm lost, lol...

I originally saw this happen on Yoshi's Island. Left side of the stage, the Sonic climbed the wall.... ****it lemme just find the vid...

infomon

Smash Scientist
Oh cool, you caught one of those!

The interesting thing here is that Sonic subtly bounces off the floor, once he gets hit by the PK fire. This means that as he's knocked off the stage, he's not in hitstun, which allows him to very quickly go into his aerial down-B (ASC). (You normally have to wait until hitstun is over before you can use a Special). When he gets to the wall he jump-cancels the ASC, and on Yoshi's Island because of the lip of the stage at the edge, from that height you kinda just smoothly walk onto the stage, so it almost looks like he's still rolling. It also helps the effect that he still has some of the PK fire trail on him (!).

Pretty neat!

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yeah that was stupid awesome to see. Sonic is certainly one of the most impressive characters to watch in his highest potential.

Also, this is Barwl, wtf is hitstun?

infomon

Smash Scientist
No U!

Brawl has plenty of hitstun..... the problem is it's not really hitstun :(

well like, hitstun in Brawl has two phases.... about half-way through it, you look like you're in hitstun, but you can use an aerial, airdodge, Z-air, or throw an item. But you still can't use a Jump or Special. So it's like.... pseudo-hitstun!??

sigh...

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Tell us how stupid MK will be when Brawl+ comes out with extra hitsun then.

*sits in elementary school desk chair*

*instantly gets 4 cramps*

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Thanks that was funny haha I liked the part where the n00b MK went through Marth's Taunt.

EDIT: Worst MK ever even a lvl 1 cpu is better.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ive seen her grab go right through lucas after his up smash...

Zss's grab sucks...

we need to get snakeee or speculosity up in here and tell us what is wrong with their character.

Top Bottom