• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic Glitch/Tech/Non-obvious move list & Gimp Guide *updated 2/16*

Tenki

Smash Hero
Well, it could also have been the '10%' rule applied to projectiles. Try it with AS's then.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Meh...still no luck. I'm catching an early nights sleep so I'll do some more testing tomm.

infomon

Smash Scientist
The properties of Sonic's throws might be most interesting to study in the context of facing Ice Climbers; since it's as close as 1v1 comes to a FFA, lol. And they're generally unthrowable, since Nana will just hit you while you're throwing Popo or vice versa... but once I did Sonic's down-throw and it hopped over an incoming Ice Shot lol. You usually want to use a throw that keeps out a large hitbox, since that will actually damage the other climber and prevent them from countering your throw.

Catt

Smash Apprentice
Throwing the ICs is hard, I think the most effective way to do it is an instant Fthrow or instant Uthrow. I've been knocked out of Bthrow so many times it's not even funny.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
fthrow sucks, but it's the only other viable throw against IC because of its speed.

Save uair for unobvious combos and 185% kills... then again, this is IC, they too light to last that long.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Bthrow is pretty cool if Nana is in front of you.

Honestly, play the ICs as if you were in an FFA or in a doubles match but your teammate is out. That works best for me. I SDR and run around alot, until I can separate Nana. Once nana is separated, shes totally gimptastic, and their grab methods don't work anymore.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
about that

that can put you in trouble tho.

cus if you are at 0 and trying to kill the cpu IC, the human 1 can downthrow CG you until the other one syncs back up, at which point, you might be screwed

@catt
dont get mad at me cus you play a terribad character, lol. just gotta realise that every move he has is highly situational, and if the situation is too strict (i.e. f-throw, up tilt) than the move just sucks...

Tenki

Smash Hero
about that

that can put you in trouble tho.

cus if you are at 0 and trying to kill the cpu IC, the human 1 can downthrow CG you until the other one syncs back up, at which point, you might be screwed
he meant grabbing popo.

If you grab popo, pummeling, B-throw, or F-throw aren't too bad.

infomon

Smash Scientist
he meant grabbing popo.

If you grab popo, pummeling, B-throw, or F-throw aren't too bad.
... until the CPU one catches up and then the player can tell her to do whatever they want.

There's a window around Popo, in which button inputs go to Nana. If Nana is away from Popo, she'll try and get back to Popo. No grabs are safe, if Nana has a chance of catching up :urg:

(I'd assume you know that, but just sayin'.)

LuCKy

Smash Master
im pretty much the god father of sonic lol

n its my b-day ahhhhhh ****

brawl still sucks though :]

+1 post

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Lucky's like, the old, crappy sonic that never ever evolved into modern day society. :(
To think he could've been amazing too. Gah, if only brawl wasn't so shallow.
Does Brawl+ deserve a name like Brawl? Asking your opinions. I mean, isn't brawl crap as you guys say? So why would you name such a great game after such a crappy game? :( Help da nub.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I too love Brawl for Sonic.

Brawl+, the only bit I have a problem with is probably Directional Air Dodging. I could care less about wavedashing. I'm Sonic, I can get anywhere I want already in the blink of an eye as it is, why would I want to slow down to wave dash?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh, speaking of Birthdays, Mine's in a week+1day. :)
HAPPY ALMOST YOUR BIRTHDAY DAY!

This way I won't feel like a jerk if I don't remember on your actual Birthday.

:061:

So, anyone think of anything cool for Sonic?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
o snap the sonic boards just took another massive hit! two threads locked to the mega house! seriously stop being silly guys...

LuCKy

Smash Master
my sonic ***** iono what ur talkin about whoever it was that said i sucked. . .im too lazy to scroll up again

n im 17 for whoever asked. . but seriously melee is where its at lol

n i might go to a brawl tourney just for the hell of it.what did you sonic weenies find out while i was away

and no im not gonna read the front page of this to find out

Napilopez

Smash Lord
We found out about 0-Steak combos.

Honestly, Im not sure what exactly has been mentioned since the last time you frequented the boards. Its mostly better applications for stuff we already new. Aerial Spin Charge for 18+ damage all the time, SideB cancels, The usefulness of Vertical Spin Dash Jump, Revese stutter stepping(backstepping), frame data on Sonic(entirety of FD in under 60 frames, yea I always talk about that). How to effectively combat MKs Shuttle Loop and Nado, etc.

LuCKy

Smash Master
pshhhhh ill show you ****ers. . . i bet i could be the best sonic again in like a week lol

i dont know of any competition :p

Tenki

Smash Hero
oye, back on topic >_>

I don't want to be teh only person left on the boards.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
On topic.........

Anybody have luck with stage edge dthrow stage spikes? I've had it work on DDD, Sonic, Bowser and GaW so far. Always on the right side. Always facing in.

Or was this discussed?

Tenki

Smash Hero
On topic.........

Anybody have luck with stage edge dthrow stage spikes? I've had it work on DDD, Sonic, Bowser and GaW so far. Always on the right side. Always facing in.

Or was this discussed?
Where did you get the Sonic one to work on the right side?

I got myself D-throw spiked on the left side of Smashville, because I was ... DI'ing left and down (LOL??) when he was trying to D-throw me to the right.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'll test it on all characters tomorrow.
I thought it only worked on Dedede tbh. I never found the need to check on other characters.

Tenki

Smash Hero
FD Right Side. I did it to Quik IIRC so it'd be best to verify with him....
Check the DI. I know that for the Smashville left side Sonic one, it only works if you DI down and towards the corner, which is really rare and 'dumb' DI, unless you're trying to gamble on an early-as-possible tech lol.
Off topic for a bit.....rep your country, dude , it's spelled "Hoy" ;-p

:093:
...hayop D:

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Hayop? Ano? Bakit hindi na lang tagalog tayo?

We can talk about others behind their backs! hehehe

Yeah I've only seen the DDD spike in BF.

:093:

Top Bottom