• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic Glitch/Tech/Non-obvious move list & Gimp Guide *updated 2/16*

Catfish_Mike

Smash Cadet
Yeah. That's not new.

1) You can up-smash out of dash.
2) You're a tool
3) grinding is not useful
4) I don't like you.
5) only scrubs use the term "grinding"
6) you're a tool
7) grinding is simple a characteristic of Sonic's foxtrot.

Wow, butthurt much?

1) You're an idiot for thinking that needed pointing out.
2) You touch other mens' *****es.
3) I know it isn't, that's what I said months ago when I found it. Moron.
4) Your mom certainly does.
5) Only poseurs with no skill use the term "scrub".
6) See 2.
7) See 1.

You're the kind of unreasonably hostile idiot that makes smashboards a terrible community. Some no-name loser attacking people because he got picked on too much in school that day. Please don't ever leave gamefaqs again.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Wow, butthurt much?

6) See 2.
7) See 1.

You're the kind of unreasonably hostile idiot that makes smashboards a terrible community. Some no-name loser attacking people because he got picked on too much in school that day. Please don't ever leave gamefaqs again.
Dude, you're at the Sonic board.

This is what we do.

And for all it's worth, you're the no name loser here.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Dude, you're at the Sonic board.

This is what we do.

And for all it's worth, you're the no name loser here.
Yes, yes. Quite.

Grow a pair catfish. What's with all these Sonic's and the word "cat" in their name anyway?

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Wow, butthurt much?

6) See 2.
7) See 1.

lolololol, gamefaqs? You need to lurk moar scrub, if you think I'm a gamefa
g

lol did your fa
ggot father teach you how to insult people like that?

Or maybe your friends from your 5th grade class. "Your Mom", honestly, how pathetic.

lol GTFO. you're pathetic.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well seeing as how you come in here claiming a "discovery" about something and it's uses (which was discussed a long while ago) and get called out on it, you just feel the need to keep posting. Just get over it. Blackbelt didn't say anything offensive, just stated facts, and you basically call him a homo.

LULZ. GTFO.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Wow, butthurt much?

6) See 2.
7) See 1.

yall need to stop messing with this kid, he doesnt even know what it is, and he is seriously too steak for you guys, this post is amazing

@cama, that pot and kettle reference just omghaxwtfpwned you, you just got minutes.
btw, he was referencing the fact that he was the one who discovered it and instigated the discussion that happened so very long ago

p.s. greenstreet is amazing

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
yall need to stop messing with this kid, he doesnt even know what it is, and he is seriously too steak for you guys, this post is amazing

@cama, that pot and kettle reference just omghaxwtfpwned you, you just got minutes.
KID, you can't honestly compare that post to Steak. Seriously, dude fails.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
cat fish vs. thecatinthehat?

really?

my money is on catinthehat. send me my check steak.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i went back just to check and make sure it wasnt just a fluke laugh...

i LOL'd again

upon further inspection, i surmise that yall all got ROASTED by this one dude,

marko, ill send you the bill instead

p.s. i just lol's for a third time thinking about what he said, i didnt even have to look at the post this time.
that is grade A pwnage right there

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
i went back just to check and make sure it wasnt just a fluke laugh...

i LOL'd again

upon further inspection, i surmise that yall all got ROASTED by this one dude,

marko, ill send you the bill instead

p.s. i just lol's for a third time thinking about what he said, i didnt even have to look at the post this time.
that is grade A pwnage right there
tsk tsk, KID,

Cat is disappointed.

Tenki

Smash Hero
A couple things about "grinding". First off, you can up-smash out of it. Second, I made a post about it way back on page two, so I want to be credited for its discovery. As such, I'm hereby renaming it the Catfish_Mike slide.
Yeah. That's not new.

1) You can up-smash out of dash.
2) You're a tool
3) grinding is not useful
4) I don't like you.
5) only scrubs use the term "grinding"
6) you're a tool
7) grinding is simple a characteristic of Sonic's foxtrot.
Let me rewrite what catinthehat meant with his first point.

You can jump, dash attack, side-B, or up-smash out of the initial dash's stopping state. 'Grinding' uses the initial dash's stopping state, except it slides. He's saying that what you claim to be your discovery is common knowledge as much as using u-smash out of a dash is, which is why it was probably ignored in the first place.

Wow, butthurt much?

6) See 2.
7) See 1.

This makes the rest of the Sonic boards 'poseurs with no skill'.

I'm absolutely fine with that. Just keep in mind that if we are the benchmark of "no skill", it implies that people who don't know what they're talking about, or other such magnets of condescension are also at an abysmally lower level than us.

yunastyleantiadhomimeminfractionattack.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
tenki, ur my hero.

And how did catfish beat catinthehat? How does catfish even have any chance in this matchup? Have you seen catinthehat's placement in the tier list?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Let me rewrite what catinthehat meant with his first point.

You can jump, dash attack, side-B, or up-smash out of the initial dash's stopping state. 'Grinding' uses the initial dash's stopping state, except it slides. He's saying that what you claim to be your discovery is common knowledge as much as using u-smash out of a dash is, which is why it was probably ignored in the first place.

This makes the rest of the Sonic boards 'poseurs with no skill'.

I'm absolutely fine with that. Just keep in mind that if we are the benchmark of "no skill", it implies that people who don't know what they're talking about, or other such magnets of condescension are also at an abysmally lower level than us.

if you ever ever EVER bring any of that yuna related garbage in here again, i will shank you and **** your mother

p.s. he was just restating what he told us months ago, when it wasnt CK
tenki, ur my hero.

And how did catfish beat catinthehat? How does catfish even have any chance in this matchup? Have you seen catinthehat's placement in the tier list?
Catfish wasnt on the tierlist, he might be an unlockable poster, akuma was unlockable too and he was god tier

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Catfish Mike and The Cat in the hat have both been infracted.

Please continue your conversations, and stop being such a difficult board to moderate. =/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We can't help it Xsyven, we're our own cult...

Oh wait...now I'm going to get infracted for going off-topic for replying to a mod.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
WTF?!
were only difficult to moderate because we are the only ones still active...
and because nobody important (red name) ever comes around

GTHO with that...

anyway...
are all our box-techs on the front page, cus i havent checked it in forever

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
lol. I've only been free of points for like an hour. I lost all of my 5 at around 10:30.

Now I have 1 point again. yays. <3

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
we should just have someone that is regularly here a mod. melee had main specific mods for the most part, i dont get why brawl doesn't.

just restrict the moderator to the board.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
^ This. But pls let this discussion not turn to "I'll do it, I'm on here all the time" or "Member X should do it. If they did seriously do it, it'd be someone from outside the Sonic Boards, probably a Broomer.

infomon

Smash Scientist
p.s. he was just restating what he told us months ago, when it wasnt CK
^^ this. I just.... I'm not sure that it's clear to everyone here, that Catfish_Mike posted the "grind" thing in this thread on March 18th:

No, I was referring to his fox trot. If you do it and then release the control stick to neutral, then immediately slide it a little in the same direction of the fox trot, you can get him to slide across the stage. Done right you can slide him about the same distance as a full fox trot. You can only grab, dash attack or up-smash out of it. If you slide it too far he'll go into a run animation but move at a much slower speed. I don't know how much use can come out of it, other than some cheesy fake-outs, but it's there.
Anyway, glad this dumb flamefest tangent is over.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
WTF?!
were only difficult to moderate because we are the only ones still active...
and because nobody important (red name) ever comes around

GTHO with that...

anyway...
are all our box-techs on the front page, cus i havent checked it in forever
we should just have someone that is regularly here a mod. melee had main specific mods for the most part, i dont get why brawl doesn't.

just restrict the moderator to the board.
^ This. But pls let this discussion not turn to "I'll do it, I'm on here all the time" or "Member X should do it. If they did seriously do it, it'd be someone from outside the Sonic Boards, probably a Broomer.
A few of you guys (you'll know who you are!) are really good to use the REPORT POST button. But most of you just *****, and *****, and ***** without ever touching the thing.

If you see a bad post, DO NOT REPLY, REPORT IT. That's where your trouble lies. You love spammers and flamers way too much.

START REPORTING POSTS! I guarantee one of us mods will get to it if you just help us out.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
your right we do love each other...

im just going on the record as saying i never really cared about the spam it wouldnt be fun with out it

just watch the amounts
Yeah, the spam is the only thing that makes /s/ thrive.

I mean, it's not like we're gonna find anything else new with Sonic.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I like my report button :)

Xsyven, while you are here. When are our stickies gettin changed? I PM'ed SP ages ago... just give it some time or what?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
i completely understand your point, and its extreme valid, but it really didn't address mine.
Sure it does! If you guys start reporting posts, then you won't need a mod. Memphis, you do good to report posts. :)

@Terios - I know you do. :)

@Greenstreet - Send me the PM. You're better off PMing Youko and I, seeing as we have no lives. Panda's too busy becoming a doctor. :p

Top Bottom