• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!

In my latest attempt to use black magic to summon the next Donkey Kong game in time for the direct, I just listened to every single song from the DKC cartoon. Back to back.

It took 2 hours :dkmelee:

The singers were pretty good though. And did you know that DK's singing voice did the theme song for Zaboomafoo??

Anyway the best songs are Nobody's Hero, Leo Luster, 50% of Metalhead, Eddie Let Me Go Back To My Home, and Pirate's Scorn.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If a new Donkey Kong Country doesn't appear in the Direct, I'll just put my focus on Nikoderiko: The Magical World to fix my itch.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

In my latest attempt to use black magic to summon the next Donkey Kong game in time for the direct, I just listened to every single song from the DKC cartoon. Back to back.

The singers were pretty good though. And did you know that DK's singing voice did the theme song for Zaboomafoo??

Anyway the best songs are Nobody's Hero, Leo Luster, 50% of Metalhead, Eddie Let Me Go Back To My Home, and Pirate's Scorn.
You have failed the ritual, you forgot the most important song from DK:

Now DK will be stuck in Mario Vs Donkey Kong forever

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

What about Finest Hour and the Mirror Never Lies? or I'm Gonna Be a Star?

You have failed the ritual, you forgot the most important song from DK:

Now DK will be stuck in Mario Vs Donkey Kong forever
Aha (pun not intended), but wait, there's a way to reverse this and bring the DKC franchise back properly.

Listen to this DK song next instead:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I can see some people are hoping for another Mario and Luigi announcement. With TTYD and SMRPG reviving the genre, there is potential. However, it is unknown to tell. Until then.....Come On!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Last year's June direct aired while I was in class so I watched it with no sound, and then the direct after that aired while I was in Japan and the time zone didn't allow me to sit through the direct as it would interfere with my sleep schedule.

This time I'm gonna be able to watch it live, so I'm gonna VC with my friend while doing so. She's the one who introduced me to Ace Attorney so it would be pretty cool if the leaks are true

Noipoi

Howdy!
Last year I had to try and watch the direct while getting home from work.

This year I’m unemployed.

More time for Nintendo games :nifty:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I got some general references (via pop culture osmosis), but otherwise I went in blind and had no problems understanding it as I think it was made for newcomers in mind.
I actually think it's a decent Father's Day movie.
In that case. I'll have to give it a look.

Thank you for the recommendation. For sure at some point I'll get to the original series. As well as Ultra Q and Ultraseven too since I also got the complete series of that. :D

Dukefire

Smash Master
If there's any real Smash Bros. news in the Direct, you should really only expect Smash 64 on NSO.
As long the switch is alive, smash bros isn't returning until another console and Sakurai is ready. At least Sakurai is finishing his last video on his channel.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lol Adobe's getting sued by the US Government
Rare U.S government W.

Adobe was stupid enough to go “here’s our new contract, and btw all your work, top secret or otherwise, we can steal and sell that ****. That will be $1000 for a bunch of apps you’ll likely never use, and don’t forget our atrocious cancelation policy! “

So I don’t know what they expected lol

Top Bottom