• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One thing I wish social media dind't do is demonize working a 9-5.

I don't mean like the "the work week should be shortened" type deal, but the grindset influencers acting like working a 9-5 is the worst thing a human can possibly do, and instead should be be their own boss selling mlms or dropshipping or whatever scam of the week there is.

Buy my course plz.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I love it when games do the thing where one of the bosses was the protagonist of the previois game. It's just a fun thing to do.

Shoutouts to Symphony of the Night, you're on my mind rn

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That’s the blue shirt he wore in the movie. Looks like the comic artist just used the wrong reference image.
I thought he had the blue shirt at some point but forget it was his movie fit. His face is still cursed in that image lol. Also weirder is that the other cover uses his actual game design. But it’s probably different artists working on them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I don't mean like the "the work week should be shortened" type deal, but the grindset influencers acting like working a 9-5 is the worst thing a human can possibly do, and instead should be be their own boss selling mlms or dropshipping or whatever scam of the week there is.

Buy my course plz.
depends on the job as well as their motivation within the organization that they’re supporting

Dukefire

Smash Master
Please let them finally have a boss exclusive for Switch like how they have the Kratos and Battletoads stuff on PlayStation and Xbox
Which character would fit for a switch exclusive and what varient of the Shovel Blade after beating it?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hope you have your shovel, cause Shovel Knight is back with new characters ready to show their might.
While I've heard that there are no plans for it, I really hope that this gets a release as a part of Treasure Trove as DLC or an update.

The lack of online multiplayer for Showdown was basically my only major complaint with the game (the other knights getting their own campaigns would've been awesome, but even with all the missed potential, making storylines and levels for all of them would've taken tons of development time, so I understand why they went with Dig the Vote and only picked the top three winners.)

StormC

Smash Hero
Tbh it's more of an issue of them bashing 9-5s while promoting their scams claiming it's a "grindset".

But I do agree 9-5s aren't really necessary.
Those people are intentionally selling snake oil, they're being obtuse on purpose. It's the modern version of a pyramid scheme.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
It annoys the stuffing out of me how little respect Aviva is given by the people in charge of Wild Kratts.

She almost never gets focus in merchandise, barely ever shows up in WK-themed printables, only occasionally gets to use a Creature Power Suit, and is often made out to be a dummy who needs the Kratts to tell her everything awesome and amazing about animals, when the woman is honestly the only reason the Kratts are still alive in the first place and she's a scientific mastermind who the Wild Kratts couldn't do anything without.

As far as I'm concerned, Aviva should get just as much exposure in the show as the Kratt brothers themselves do. She is just as heroic as they are, and needs to be treated as such rather than left by the wayside while the Kratts hoard all the glory.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It annoys the stuffing out of me how little respect Aviva is given by the people in charge of Wild Kratts.

She almost never gets focus in merchandise, barely ever shows up in WK-themed printables, only occasionally gets to use a Creature Power Suit, and is often made out to be a dummy who needs the Kratts to tell her everything awesome and amazing about animals, when the woman is honestly the only reason the Kratts are still alive in the first place and she's a scientific mastermind who the Wild Kratts couldn't do anything without.

As far as I'm concerned, Aviva should get just as much exposure in the show as the Kratt brothers themselves do. She is just as heroic as they are, and needs to be treated as such rather than left by the wayside while the Kratts hoard all the glory.
Behold: The only person on earth to care about Wild Kratts.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Behold: The only person on earth to care about Wild Kratts.
I know you ain't talkin ****, every other week you hyperfixate on some random topic and It's all you talk about. Let her have this :dkmelee:

For the record as an animal kid I used to love the Wild Kratts. They couldn't touch my GOAT Zaboomafoo, but they were close.

Shroob

Sup?
I know you ain't talkin ****, every other week you hyperfixate on some random topic and It's all you talk about. Let her have this :dkmelee:

For the record as an animal kid I used to love the Wild Kratts. They couldn't touch my GOAT Zaboomafoo, but they were close.
Hey Noi
Hey, hey Noi

It's Me
It's You
And.....who?

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
My admiration for the Kratt bros was burned into me at a young age. I found some Pooh's Adventures videos that used clips from Kratt's Creatures, their first series, and that helped introduce me to them.

Admittedly I was later to the Zoboomafoo train than I'd like to admit...

Wild Kratts has always stuck out to me most though. It has its flaws (like I mentioned, I don't like how Aviva is treated as if she's 'lesser' than the brothers), but it has some excellent and fun setpieces, highly likable characters, and a lot of fun creature facts along the way.

Even though I was probably above the age range for the shows, Arthur and Zaboomafoo were my jam.
Hey, age range doesn't matter in my book. Preschool shows can be just as meaningful as other shows. Puppy Dog Pals, a Disney Junior show, recently unseated 6teen as my favorite show of all time after all. Plus there's Bluey's massive fan following.

Many preschool shows also have just as much appeal for adult viewers as they do for the kids. Remember when Arthur referenced South Park?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
When I was in elementary, I went to a house daycare, and all the lady put on was Sprout, Nick Jr. and PBS Kids. And as a kid, I hated it. But looking back, those shows kinda rules. I think I said my favorites before but here's a rundown on the PBS/Sprout ones that I liked:

Curious George, Zaboomafo, Arthur there was Between the Lions, Bear in the Blue House, I wanna say Sesame Street as well, and for an obscure pull, Hip Hop Harry.

Oh and Cyberchase but that barely aired for whatever reason. Word Girl was my educational action fix (but I respect the queen)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
When I was in elementary, I went to a house daycare, and all the lady put on was Sprout, Nick Jr. and PBS Kids. And as a kid, I hated it. But looking back, those shows kinda rules. I think I said my favorites before but here's a rundown on the PBS/Sprout ones that I liked:

Curious George, Zaboomafo, Arthur there was Between the Lions, Bear in the Blue House, I wanna say Sesame Street as well, and for an obscure pull, Hip Hop Harry.

Oh and Cyberchase but that barely aired for whatever reason. Word Girl was my educational action fix (but I respect the queen)
I still remember when my sister used to watch Sprout at night to fall asleep.

Man

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I still remember when my sister used to watch Sprout at night to fall asleep.

Man

Graaah I wanna make a joke but I can't. I got a little sis who technically 2 years younger than me but we were 3 grades apart, and it feels wrong that she's in college and is gonna be graduating in 2 semesters and heading off to grad school like that. Last time I saw her on a daily basis, she was entering her sophomore year in high school.

It's just wrong man.

It'll happen to you Noipoi Noipoi

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Graaah I wanna make a joke but I can't. I got a little sis who technically 2 years younger than me but we were 3 grades apart, and it feels wrong that she's in college and is gonna be graduating in 2 semesters and heading off to grad school like that. Last time I saw her on a daily basis, she was entering her sophomore year in high school.

It's just wrong man.

It'll happen to you Noipoi Noipoi
Mr.Millipede was like a damn brother to you too?

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
PBS Kids was a more late-in-life discovery for me since I lived in a non-PBS country. Tweenies aside, most of my intake was Playhouse Disney, with a little Nick Jr in there. So unfortunately I discovered most PBS Kids staples when I was much older (doesn't help that my mom dislikes Sesame Street for whatever reason)

Luckily I still had peak
1718428238789.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I be forgetting kishin can make such videos cause hot damn

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Hope you have your shovel, cause Shovel Knight is back with new characters ready to show their might.
Yo that's neat

Just shovel of hope though, I don't know if I'm that interested since I have Treasure Trove lying around and I still haven't played any of the campaigns on Switch even though it's one of my favorite games of all time. I would probably be more excited for a new game

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So uh

Did you know the Pokemon Company has these semiannual art contests in which the grand prize is your art being used on an official Pokemon card?

Because it looks like someone's been caught spamming AI-generated submissions, and they still somehow got 6 entries in the top 300:
The worst part is that TPC still let 6 of their entries be in the top 300, even though submitting more than 3 pieces violates the contest's rules. Oh, and someone found Vaporeon fanart that was stolen for one of the pieces:

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I have beaten Sonic Mania with every character

All of the characters are really fun, really hope a hypothetical Mania 2 keeps all of them and adds Amy

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So uh

Did you know the Pokemon Company has these semiannual art contests in which the grand prize is your art being used on an official Pokemon card?

Because it looks like someone's been caught spamming AI-generated submissions, and they still somehow got 6 entries in the top 300:
The worst part is that TPC still let 6 of their entries be in the top 300, even though submitting more than 3 pieces violates the contest's rules. Oh, and someone found Vaporeon fanart that was stolen for one of the pieces:
Ok so Pumpkaboo brought this up earlier but I forgot to reply but from what I understand, you're allowed 3 entries, the talentless hack, not satisfied with stealing art and wasting resources, used the same name twice but shortened it the second time to just one letter. If TPC have any credibilty whatsoever, they'll ban this hack instantly to make up for allowing this tripe to get in the first place

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Buy my course plz.
What if I want to Rise but I dont want to Grind?
Ok so Pumpkaboo brought this up earlier but I forgot to reply but from what I understand, you're allowed 3 entries, the talentless hack, not satisfied with stealing art and wasting resources, used the same name twice but shortened it the second time to just one letter. If TPC have any credibilty whatsoever, they'll ban this hack instantly to make up for allowing this tripe to get in the first place
I swear, if the AI pictures or the stolen art win, imma... the most I can do is be dissapointed

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Do the tutorials and dialogue ever let up in Pikmin 4? The opening hours seem so much slower than in the other games.

Top Bottom