• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
My right Joy-con is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting from my console. It has been doing it for a while but now it is basically unusable.

Can Nintendo please announce that Switch 2 soon so I now whether or not to actually invest in a new joy-con or just wait for the new things?
That's been happening to me too as well lately.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is too funny:
the one fear Persona fans and characters seem to randomly have
This is why I don't follow leaks since Smash 4's DLC ended. Mostly a false promise to hype up for the wrong reasons.....depending on how much people invested their time into it.
View attachment 390983
I know there’s words in the gif, but I can’t help but feel like the stare Shantae is giving me is a reminder that I really need to finish Seven Sirens or be turned into one of her many different animal forms
Fetishization and weeb brainrot mostly :054:
the power of anime a extremely athletic Asian women

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Is Shaggy going to get his ultra instinct anime power up?
i love how the plot of this is the 13th ghosts of Scooby doo but anime and with Japanese yokai presumably.

Also the dog is scoobys cousin. Making scooby’s family Japanese and confederate related.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
i love how the plot of this is the 13th ghosts of Scooby doo but anime and with Japanese yokai presumably.
Hopefully it doesn't end up like the 13 Ghosts where the story goes unfinished and then gets a movie several decades later retconning all the supernatural elements.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wait
What
The 1985 series The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo never featured the 13th ghost. It was like other Scooby media around the time incorporating real supernatural elements.

Fast forward to 2019 and Scooby-Doo! and the Curse of the 13th Ghost is made to wrap up the series. Except this is during a period where the writers seemed to have a vendetta against real ghosts in the series. Velma debunks the events of the TV series as being hallucinations caused by thin air.

They pulled the same thing with Zombie Island, arguably one of the most well received pieces of Scooby media ever. 2019 also had Return to Zombie Island released which retconned the events of that movie to being hallucinations caused by swamp gas.

Thankfully we seem to be past that bull****. Scooby-Doo and Krypto Too just straight up satirises the recurring hallucination explanations as being ridiculous.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They pulled the same thing with Zombie Island, arguably one of the most well received pieces of Scooby media ever. 2019 also had Return to Zombie Island released which retconned the events of that movie to being hallucinations caused by swamp gas.
Bro I would kill myself instantly if I thought of doing this to a movie that quite infamously helped put the franchise back on track

Shroob

Sup?
The 1985 series The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo never featured the 13th ghost. It was like other Scooby media around the time incorporating real supernatural elements.

Fast forward to 2019 and Scooby-Doo! and the Curse of the 13th Ghost is made to wrap up the series. Except this is during a period where the writers seemed to have a vendetta against real ghosts in the series. Velma debunks the events of the TV series as being hallucinations caused by thin air.

Thankfully we seem to be past that bull****. Scooby-Doo and Krypto Too just straight up satirises the recurring hallucination explanations as being ridiculous.
Thanks, I ****ING hate it.

Holy ****.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alt color for my Gohan drawing. Based it off of the Player 3 color from DBFZ.

I know there was leaker drama going on last night, another one of those "someone pretends to be a Japanese person" type beats. It's weird. I get not wanting to show too much of your actual self online, I don't either. But I also don't lie about my Race or Sex.

In more important news, I beat the first 2 Gameboy Mega Man World games. They're fine for the systems that they're on. Obvious downgrades from the main NES games. Metal Blade and Elec Beam were still busted in their respective titles though, just less so. I wasn't taking my playthroughs as seriously I normally do, so I did rewind to try and perfect some specific spots. Rush Jet was also cracked. I REALLY like the main theme that plays in MMW2. Should get an official remix someday. Enker and Quint are cool. It's nice that you get extra weapons from them, and that Enker's in particular is what you use to beat Wily in MMW1.

I'll probably take my playthrough of Mega Man World 5 more seriously though, since that one is fully original.

I have Mega Man Xtreme on my 3DS, but I gotta wonder if those 2 games will be on NSO at some point as well or not. Seems like the titles that wouldn't be on a Legacy Collection are getting put on there at least.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
And this is why I refuse to watch Return to Zombie Island.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Both Sonic and Shadow got protoype designs as costumes, I hope they do this with Knuckles and some of the other characters too down the line.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Ngl at first I thought you guys were referring to that weird-ass horror movie from 2001:
Was extra confused because it starred Matthew Lillard... Who also played Shaggy a year later.
JH3SSb7NsSuTAfJSUovHkF.jpg

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Apply for a job
They like my resume and credentials
Make me fill out a questionare
They like that
Ask to schedule and interview
I tell them my availability like 1 day later (on a weekday mind you)
Ghosted
Respond a week later "Hey actually we filled this position with another candidate"
View attachment 390992
Now you ****ing see what i have been going through for years

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm not getting the sitting cutie version of my favorite Kalos Pokémon cause I already got a full size Greninja plush I bought at my local Nintendo store

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Overwatch is bringing back the Pink Mercy skin (the one where all proceeds went to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation), alongside a new variation.

I bought the Pink Mercy skin back when it first came out.

I also took a look at how much fools people were buying accounts for (no I didn’t buy or sell my account. I’m too cool for that). Some were selling it for up to $3,000.

Pixels in a game really bring out the greedy.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And this is why I refuse to watch Return to Zombie Island.
While that movie isn’t one of the better modern ones, it’s in a grey area of ruling out that the original events happened.

At the end of the film, and throughout the film the gang encounters a were cat. However the villains are just actors being paid to trick the gang into recreating the original films events to make a movie.
However at the end when all is said and done, they learn the real villains were people pretty to be locals who were trying to scare the gang away while searching for moon scars treasure. The two parties unaware of each others intentions while the gang is on the island.

Then at the end as the gang leaves we see that the were cat in the flesh watching them leave. It being the one behind a few events left unexplained in the film. Implication being yes they do exist and the original film actually happened. But Velma was probably so traumatized she tried to rational it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
if it wasn’t for the Zelda movie being in development, I would’ve been surprised by Sony actually having an interest in Aloy being in Smash one day

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
While that movie isn’t one of the better modern ones, it’s in a grey area of ruling out that the original events happened.

At the end of the film, and throughout the film the gang encounters a were cat. However the villains are just actors being paid to trick the gang into recreating the original films events to make a movie.
However at the end when all is said and done, they learn the real villains were people pretty to be locals who were trying to scare the gang away while searching for moon scars treasure. The two parties unaware of each others intentions while the gang is on the island.

Then at the end as the gang leaves we see that the were cat in the flesh watching them leave. It being the one behind a few events left unexplained in the film. Implication being yes they do exist and the original film actually happened. But Velma was probably so traumatized she tried to rational it.
Honestly I never believe Velma when she tries to explain away the blatantly supernatural.

IMO I’m surprised she didn’t try to debunk Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, and every other DC character with powers she met in the Brave and the Bold crossover movie.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
You can now Crank 90s in Lego Fortnite

Overwatch is bringing back the Pink Mercy skin (the one where all proceeds went to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation), alongside a new variation.

I bought the Pink Mercy skin back when it first came out.

I also took a look at how much fools people were buying accounts for (no I didn’t buy or sell my account. I’m too cool for that). Some were selling it for up to $3,000.

Pixels in a game really bring out the greedy.
It is really funny seeing people get mad that it is back like "Aw man, I can't believe more people will be donating money to important Breast Cancer research, what about my rarity > : ( "

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly I never believe Velma when she tries to explain away the blatantly supernatural.

IMO I’m surprised she didn’t try to debunk Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, and every other DC character with powers she met in the Brave and the Bold crossover movie.
I get the implication there’s two timelines in modern movies. One where they coexist with the DC universe and super natural and super powers is perfectly normal, and one where they don’t.

Reason being that there’s films like return to zombie island or the 13th ghost where supernatural seemingly doesn’t exist.

But then there’s just random films where they have met Batman like 20 times. So they have to be different universes. For example happy Halloween scooby doo or whatever it’s called had Elvira, Bill Nye and Scarecrow from Batman as main characters. Meaning the dc characters just casually existed in that film. The brave and bold and krypto movie also are set in that universe for example, presumably, because theyve met the heroes before.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What about the ones where Shaggy is a werewolf?

Or where Shaggy and Scooby become teachers at a monster school?
I don't think Velma was there for those, but then again, she wasn't there for the 13 ghosts either. She'd probably try to excuse the events of the movies as Shaggy and Scooby making stuff up because they watched a scary movie.

...Then again, it probably doesn't help that Scrappy and Googie (Shaggy's girlfriend in the werewolf one) never showed up again and thus probably wouldn't show up to back their stories up. Same goes for the supernatural characters in those movies, themselves.

...Now I want Velma to actually meet the Boo Brothers and the Ghoul School class face to face. She'd probably be so dumbfounded that she'd try and fail to adamantly explain their existences away as costumes or hallucinations.

Top Bottom