• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I got the true ending for Sonic Mania for the first time yesterday as Sonic and Tails and now I'm doing it as solo Sonic

Bro I swear these special stages used to be hard for me I don't know what happened but now I beat all of them on my first attempt

dezeray112

Smash Hero
In Japan, the 2nd most requested was Mega Man, being neck and neck with Monster Hunter. Shows there's still an audience for smaller scale games I think.

In general, Mega Man and Devil May Cry were pretty high on these lists, which has me happy, shows I'm not crazy in wanting more from the #4 and #5 series at Capcom.

Also Dante and Mega Man X being in the top 3 for the character polls shows that they are indeed PEAK FICTION! REAL PROTAGONISTS!
You can say the results of the data is certainly very interesting to analyse.

• Not surprised that Devil May Cry and Dante are very popular within each of its categories.
  • On the sequel category, Dino Crisis was always going to be within the top 5 of the most wanted game that deserved a sequel. I generally think that a new entry within Resident Evil was always a given and I probably expect Devil May Cry and Megaman to follow suit. At least Darkstalkers being in the top 5 overall showed that there is interest for a new sequel for a fighting game that hasn't had a new entry since 1999.
  • Its also interesting to see that the Ace Attorney franchise topped most of the Japanese polls in contrast to the World polls.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Fortnite collab updates:

Next Festival Artist is Metallica.

Nick Eh 30 (streamer) gets his skin.

A ton of Marvel skins (a good chunk from previous Battle Passes) are getting Lego styles.

Also getting a Lego style: El Chapulín Colorado

KillerCage

Smash Master

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think Sonic x Shadow Generations is my most anticipated game of the year

Granted that's partially because there aren't that many games coming out this year to begin with but that doesn't take away from how excited I am for this

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 390950

Anime style Scooby Doo was just announced.
This looks really interesting. I wonder what the plot is, especially when the mystery machine is a box truck now. Loving the art direction.

Also some more pretty good announcements for CN as well:

Adventure time movie is going to be hype, as is a new regular show project

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Currently playing through Sonic Mania as Tails. Like before I got all 7 chaos emeralds pretty early on.

Tails is my favorite character to play as in this game, and my favorite Sonic character in general

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I keep forgetting that having access to the entire roster in Multiversus is actually a luxury that I paid for and not just the universal state of the game.
I feel like this is the biggest issue with Multiversus. A fighting game lives and dies by the roster, so paywalling all of it besides Shaggy is a huge gamble. In turn, it makes it super hard to get into.

I have a feeling they're gonna reverse this sometime in the future.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Luigi gets hit with the bite of 87
The way he just ****in disappears, oh my god my sides hurt

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
so Nico Robin…hmm…
Not too unexpected if you have kept up with animation news. The entire regular show team was in Italy where the animation studio for other CN projected is located just last month. Seemed obvious they were coming together to pitch something new.
at this point there’s so much to pay attention to that whatever is obvious is gonna be missed out

Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like this is the biggest issue with Multiversus. A fighting game lives and dies by the roster, so paywalling all of it besides Shaggy is a huge gamble. In turn, it makes it super hard to get into.

I have a feeling they're gonna reverse this sometime in the future.
I wonder if they’re refund everyone’s Gleamium if they do that.

Top Bottom