• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
1709449409801.png
Can't say I really agree that I'm "relaxed" but I like Vulpix so I'll take it.

From the looks of it on Bulbapedia the first pokemon you get is if you select your gender as male while the second is female. Looks like the selection is based off of Explorers of Sky.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The answer is simple. European NSO subscribers just don’t get to play old Pokemon if they’re gonna pitch a fit over an 8-bit slot machine.
The answer is simple. Smashboards user SnakeFighter64 just don’t get to play video games if she's gonna pitch a fit over game for not catering exclusively to her

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
We used to be friends and now you only ever respond to my posts to be mean. What happened?
Gonna be real Snake.

Not saying this in regards to anybody here... But sometimes, people go through different paths and part ways from one another.

If I had to make a list of all the people I used to enjoy spending time with and who now we don't even talk through text anymore... I would be here for all the evening.
Heck, I think It literally just happened yesterday in my case with someone else.

However? Sometimes there are people who aren't worth your time if all they do is ghost you and only mention/namedrop you to wish the worst or to talk mean stuff about your identity. Not saying this is Gwen's case because I genuiely believe she's way above that and that she wouldn't go so far... But sadly I did meet people in my life Who behave that way.

What's the best we can do then? As sad as It may sound... We need to move on with our lifes and learn from whatever we did wrong to improve as persons. Sure, there are people who hate us over the stuff we do wrong... But at the same time there are people who see the good things on us and want us to improve over our mistakes instead of destroying us. Those I feel are the people worth keeping.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
When you're online you have to take a step back at some point and realize that you don't actually know anyone and know one really knows you either

That's why I say I don't consider anyone here to be a friend. If I did, I would probably get too attached to you as people and that could have disastrous outcomes for my mental health if something ever happened

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
When you're online you have to take a step back at some point and realize that you don't actually know anyone and know one really knows you either

That's why I say I don't consider anyone here to be a friend. If I did, I would probably get too attached to you as people and that could have disastrous outcomes for my mental health if something ever happened
Agreed, I actually hate everyone here and I am intellectually and morally superior.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Well, I have made some friends here, but technically, being the kind of guy I am, I am not too attached to them, especially since I do have a life outside the forum.

But we are two different people, so don't take it from me, okay?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yo, I got a new YouTube video uploaded so now I'm sharing it around in a vain attempt to promote it
In this video, I talk about one my favourite franchises, Kirby, and how the series is represented in Smash Bros. Which unfortunately, is very flawed compared to other franchises in Smash Bros. Check it out!

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Ngl, I am a big fan of those episodes in animated shows where characters change bodies mostly because It allows the voice actors to try out expressions and tones which aren't the ones they are used to usually.

In Ultimate Spider-Man for example It was fun seeing Wolverine's voice actor acting as if he were playing Spider-Man, and the same with Hulk's voice actor. Spider-Man's voice actor sadly didn't try at all to sound close to those characters... But the less we talk about the one who shall not be named the better.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ngl, I am a big fan of those episodes in animated shows where characters change bodies mostly because It allows the voice actors to try out expressions and tones which aren't the ones they are used to usually.

In Ultimate Spider-Man for example It was fun seeing Wolverine's voice actor acting as if he were playing Spider-Man, and the same with Hulk's voice actor. Spider-Man's voice actor sadly didn't try at all to sound close to those characters... But the less we talk about the one who shall not be named the better.
Body swap episodes where the actors have to try and impersonate each other: Based

Body swap episodes where they just switch the voices: Cringe

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
We used to be friends and now you only ever respond to my posts to be mean. What happened?
Your attitude of kicking, screaming and seething at anything at anyone for the smallest reasons is tiring. We all have our worst moments, I'm certainly guilty of it, but it's gone stale. Just a few weeks ago you screeched about how Fire Emblem should never have existed just because people liked it and called everyone who politely gave you constructive criticism an asshole. It's not fun hanging around with anyone who'll get so venomous at the audacity to not have your identical taste

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Your attitude of kicking, screaming and seething at anything at anyone for the smallest reasons is tiring. We all have our worst moments, I'm certainly guilty of it, but it's gone stale. Just a few weeks ago you screeched about how Fire Emblem should never have existed just because people liked it and called everyone who politely gave you constructive criticism an asshole. It's not fun hanging around with anyone who'll get so venomous at the audacity to not have your identical taste
Agreed, ngl.

I get that each person has different takes on media and such... But most of the time the ideal thing is to be polite about It as much as possible.

I for example think that Namor in Wakanda Forever was good but could have been better... But do I go against people who think he was done great? Nah, because obviously some people enjoy things differently and that's what makes us special.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I used to post a lot about how much I want a certain character in Smash and got into a lot of arguments over it. My character didn't make it in nor do I think they have a chance in the future, and I did have something of a meltdown over it.

You don't see me complaining about that anymore because I reminded myself that it's just a video game and that life will go on despite the fact that I'll never get my most wanted character in Smash. There's more to life than video games and it's better to cherish what you have than it is to lament over what you can't have.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
I used to post a lot about how much I want a certain character in Smash and got into a lot of arguments over it. My character didn't make it in nor do I think they have a chance in the future, and I did have something of a meltdown over it.

You don't see me complaining about that anymore because I reminded myself that it's just a video game and that life will go on despite the fact that I'll never get my most wanted character in Smash. There's more to life than video games and it's better to cherish what you have than it is to lament over what you can't have.
Yeah, like, take It from me for example.

There's a lot of stuff I wish I could have bought or got my hands on back in the day (that one LEGO set with Deadpool and his helicopter, the LEGO Avengers Tower, Pokémon Sun/Moon and its rereleases, Sonic Lost World on Wii U, Lucas and Cloud in Smash 4, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright and a long etc...).

However, do I feel awful about not having any of those things? Hell nah, because I already got a lot of cool stuff and cool people who I hang out with, and that's what matters as you said: to enjoy what you already have.

It also helps that whenever my little cousins come visit me: they are always happy because they see all the stuff I got and allow them to check It out and even interact with them. I also love to play videogames with them and such.
Honestly, I would be fine with not getting anything else anymore, specially if what I already have is enough to make the people I care about happy and joyful.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I agree with you all.

Even if we don't always get what we want, life goes on, and it's important to respect our opinions on silly fun stuff like video games. It's not worth getting heated up over things like this.

I also know that my top 3 most wanted Smash characters have basically no chance of getting in, and that is a shame (although one of them does happen to be from Fire Emblem so perhaps it's for the best he doesn't get in lol), but I don't mind that. I came to this site to have a good time with fellow Smash fans and talk about stuff I like with you all.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™

I half agree - I think online friendships can be valid up to a point, but at the same time; there needs to be a really specific spark to make it work well. If that spark isn't there, you might as well just be talking to a screen(I had a group of people I staffed discord servers with in 2022 and now I talk to none of them since they all turned out to be assholes and not actually my friends, and then a toxic online relationship)

like, one of my best friends is someone I met online, through another friend, they turned out to be into a lot of things I was(anime music + splatoon + furry art + I found out when I met them that they liked The Amazing Digital Circus cause the pilot aired while I was visiting and we sat down and watched the whole thing) so after a few months of talking to them, I built up a small savings fund(I think it was like $120-150) and then I met them irl over a break from my job, driving 3 hours 30 away(conveniently to the town I was born in so I had that going for me) spending a few days hanging in their apartment, hitting up locals places they liked, etc. and I plan on doing it again this summer most likely
20231013_103803.jpg
20231013_101238.jpg
20231013_190349.jpg
and, even more, I have plans to meet more people who I've met within the last 2 ish years, especially the ones who I feel understand me the best.(That, and doing stuff like going to splatoon LANS with my team)

To be fully clear, I don't really think of anyone here as my "friend" but a large part of that is what I did in 2018-2021 and how I acted during my teens as I grew up, before I turned over the new leaf fully + I don't really share a lot in common with most people here. But that's fine, being friends with many people gets tedious very quickly anyway. Basically I guess what I'm saying is, I don't look at it as a black and white thing.

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I half agree - I think online friendships can be valid up to a point, but at the same time; there needs to be a really specific spark to make it work well. If that spark isn't there, you might as well just be talking to a screen(I had a group of people I staffed discord servers with in 2022 and now I talk to none of them since they all turned out to be assholes and not actually my friends, and then a toxic online relationship)

like, one of my best friends is someone I met online, through another friend, they turned out to be into a lot of things I was(anime music + splatoon + furry art + I found out when I met them that they liked The Amazing Digital Circus cause the pilot aired while I was visiting and we sat down and watched the whole thing) so after a few months of talking to them, I built up a small savings fund(I think it was like $120-150) and then I met them irl over a break from my job, driving 3 hours 30 away(conveniently to the town I was born in so I had that going for me) spending a few days hanging in their apartment, hitting up locals places they liked, etc. and I plan on doing it again this summer most likely
and, even more, I have plans to meet more people who I've met within the last 2 ish years, especially the ones who I feel understand me the best.(That, and doing stuff like going to splatoon LANS with my team)

To be fully clear, I don't really think of anyone here as my "friend" but a large part of that is what I did in 2018-2021 and how I acted during my teens as I grew up, before I turned over the new leaf fully + I don't really share a lot in common with most people here. But that's fine, being friends with many people gets tedious very quickly anyway. Basically I guess what I'm saying is, I don't look at it as a black and white thing.
I will say as well it helps that I share selfies with my friends a lot and regularly voice chat, it does help break down the usual barriers that online interactions have(especially for my anxiety filled ass that often reads into text only conversations too much)
Screenshot 2024-02-24 231519.png

like heres me watching some of my splatoon friends play salmon run while I was sick :>

Last edited:
Top Bottom