• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My take: Y'all can enjoy Palworld if you want but you're kidding yourself if you think a bunch of the designs aren't just blatant and intentional pokemon bootlegs. You don't need to be comparing models 1-1 to see that.

People are making themselves look ridiculous with this controversy.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
This game has existed for less than a week and I already want to stop hearing about the discourse and for everyone to shut up forever.
It's too bad it's still ongoing and it might not even die for a month or two, which is gonna be very annoying. I didn't really care about it much to be honest either, but the fact that someone or two tried to make up a fake thing to create drama is just so tiring... and so low IQ.
Can people just play both games instead of complaining so much or picking just one side? I can't even trust social media anymore, lmao

Dukefire

Smash Master
I might as well try Palworld. Honestly, I want to explore this new world and try it out. Not letting the internet's drama stop me
Screenshot_20240123_224125_YouTube.jpg

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing that I like about my job is that I got a Nintendo employee who comes there as a regular customer and we tend to have fun talks about all things Nintendo.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Start leaking info.

You got a reliable source now.
We're in the talks of him adopting me as his nephew.

But seriously, he tends to make sure I'm buying the latest N games and occasionally hands me stuff leftover from promotional events. He also said that he got to see the Switch successor a few months ago.

Today, however, he did surprisingly shared his first secret to me: A demo event at GameStop/Best Buy is coming in the near future.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

But seriously, he tends to make sure I'm buying the latest N games and occasionally hands me stuff leftover from promotional events. He also said that he got to see the Switch successor a few months ago.

Today, however, he did surprisingly shared his first secret to me: A demo event at GameStop/Best Buy is coming in the near future.
Well shoot, that's something.

Now make like all other leakers, and grow a massive ego and start leaking in riddles or hieroglyphics or something.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's kinda weird that they announced that Ultimate development is over and then they randomly update the game two years later with new spirit events and stuff.

Kind of... suspicious...
If it's anything substantial, it'd have to be a new game.

I just can't seem them dropping new major content for Ultimate after they did their whole song and dance with Sora.
I genuinely could see it just being Smash Ultimate: The final Brawl or something similar, and it gets a new Switch 2 logo slapped on and a shiny sticker, resulting in casual audiences and parents instantly buying it because they think it’s new. Which it technically would be. All new characters will be buyable on default switches. However new additions like spirits, assist trophies, whatever else will be locked to this version as well as better graphics and performance.
The Palworld controversy is getting so confusing? It seems like one of the 'evidence' was in fact fabricated... ugh. I don't know if I can trust social media to not make up stuff.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
People were stupid to think it was AI when the first trailer dropped 3 years ago showing quite a few designs already and there’s a whole ass art department team credited in the credits.
Where Pap Mar 2 tho
Honestly expecting its trailer in like 2-3 weeks if not the end of this week.

They dropped Origami King’s announcement trailer on YouTube first. So it’s unlikely for them to just drop a new trailer for a remake of an already beloved game that’s going to sell big time anyway.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

And he never saw that employee again.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
And he never saw that employee again.
I've been seeing him for a little more than a year and today was the very first time he ever told me something like that.

I will never pressure him to say anything that could get him into trouble. If he wants to spill the beans, it will have to be 100% his decision.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
At this point, Palworld seems like a fairly unique well-designed and programmed gameplay-wise, but many of the creature designs are very much rip-offs of several Pokemon.

I'm just curious if the game's popularity and high playerbase will last or not.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine if they did a reboot of the Beverly Hillbillies but as like… a fictionalized reality tv show? You know, like how The Office is a scripted sitcom trying to emulate reality tv? You do a similar thing with that setup. I think it has promise as a pitch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've been seeing him for a little more than a year and today was the very first time he ever told me something like that.

I will never pressure him to say anything that could get him into trouble. If he wants to spill the beans, it will have to be 100% his decision.
Ask him about his thoughts on Pokemon with guns lol

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I learned that one of the special guests that will be at an upcoming local comic convention is William Shatner.

I'm scared to know how much he'll charge for an autograph.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Noipoi

Howdy!
New DK game but…
Now this says to me that it could be a 3D game. Every DK 2D platformer (besides Jungle Beat) has the Country branding, but Donkey Kong 64 doesn’t because it’s a different kind of monkey game. Perhaps this game is similar.

Regardless, I wouldn’t worry about characters like Cranky, Diddy, Dixie, or even Funky. The LEGO sets and the movie shows that they’re sticking around. Hell, maybe Smash Bros convinced them to bring K Rool back.

I do have a few questions though. 1) What has Necro gotten right before. And 2) what precisely do they say about Donkey Kong?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Reactions: Z25

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Perhaps is remake of the all-time classic Donkey Kong 5 for the Game Boy Color.

The one where DK and Diddy are one character because of malnutrition, and spinning like the Tasmanian Devil.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
New DK game but…
As long as it's Kong family centered (like more than what Tropical Freeze did), I'll be good.

A whole Mario movie full of monkes has greatly raised my expectations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom