• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

StormC

Smash Hero
Tbh I'm only here cause y'all are one of the few people I can just nerd out to. The ones I see irl that I can nerd dump on are people I don't frequently see.
I started posting here again because my new job has long periods of dullness lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm ****ing cackling. Not only did TGA have the audacity to only let award winning devs talk for 30 seconds, not only did Keighley fail to mention anything about the layoffs, not only did he retract his support for Ukraine after backlash for ignoring the genocide against Palestine, not only did he promote a game using AI voice acting taken from VAs without their consent, but he lied about a giveaway

This ****ing nepo baby is the scum of the earth

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm ****ing cackling. Not only did TGA have the audacity to only let award winning devs talk for 30 seconds, not only did Keighley fail to mention anything about the layoffs, not only did he retract his support for Ukraine after backlash for ignoring the genocide against Palestine, not only did he promote a game using AI voice acting taken from VAs without their consent, but he lied about a giveaway

I participated in last year’s TGA Steam Deck giveaway and didn’t win, nor hear about the actual winners getting anything.

Either every winner was a bot, or there was never a giveaway with a tangible prize aka, a scam.

Regardless, Winter of Woe continues to live up to its name.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

People who entered the giveaway realizing that nobody won a Steam Deck

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Free Radical Design (Timesplitters series) has apparently shut down as employees are posting goodbyes and the site now gives a 404 error.

As a fan of the series, I am unhappy about the closure and hope the best for all employees.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I decided I'm gonna use this thread because I have friends here and the general speculation thread is starting to drive me a bit crazy. I'm just gonna use this place to socialize and talk about things I'm doing in my life, probably won't talk much about the Smash Bros.

So I'm a big movie person, wanted to share my list of movies that I have seen this year.
Screenshot 2023-12-11 120838.png

Screenshot 2023-12-11 120848.png

Screenshot 2023-12-11 120900.png

Screenshot 2023-12-11 120906.png

Note I enjoyed all of these movies! There is a big drop after Mario though lmao.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments then I'd love to hear!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I decided I'm gonna use this thread because I have friends here and the general speculation thread is starting to drive me a bit crazy. I'm just gonna use this place to socialize, probably won't talk much about the Smash Bros.
That's what happens when your topic of discussion won't get any real fuel for another several years :nifty:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So I decided I'm gonna use this thread because I have friends here and the general speculation thread is starting to drive me a bit crazy. I'm just gonna use this place to socialize, probably won't talk much about the Smash Bros.

So I'm a big movie person, wanted to share my list of movies that I have seen this year.
View attachment 381566
View attachment 381567
View attachment 381568
View attachment 381569
Note I enjoyed all of these movies! There is a big drop after Mario though lmao.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments then I'd love to hear!
Yo! Haven't seen you around in ages. You'll fit right in, we don't usually talk about Smash Bros. anyway.

Haven't seen that many movies this year but it seems like a good list. Spider-Verse is probably my movie of the year

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That's what happens when your topic of discussion won't get any real fuel for another several years :nifty:
Yeaaaaah, I notice people start to get a little stircrazy, which is natural tbh no real hard feelings, I just wanna be a bit more productive I guess.
Yo! Haven't seen you around in ages. You'll fit right in, we don't usually talk about Smash Bros. anyway.

Haven't seen that many movies this year but it seems like a good list. Spider-Verse is probably my movie of the year
Ayyyyy I recognize you! It's nice to see you after so long!

Barbie is my personal favorite movie of the year, I haven't had a movie that resonated with me in so long, though Everything Everywhere All At Once last year was amazing, I loved Spider-Verse as well, saw it multiple times in theaters it was sublime.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Is it just me, or is that guy getting worse every year?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I have to be honest I was thinking of deleting my account and just coming back under a new name when the next Smash rolls around (This is the only place I use this name currently I have long since switched to a new name) but I have some friends on this site so I didn't wanna leave entirely, thought I'd just use this place for more productive reasons.

I've been recently collecting a lot of import games since I got a Japanese PS2, mainly from SEGA's SEGA AGES 2500 series, I also have like a laundry list of games I'm currently going back and forth between, I plan on focusing on them more over the holidays.
Screenshot 2023-12-10 222053.png

These ones.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Slayer of the Demons season Swordsmith Arc watched.

Wasn't as good as the last two imo, and I think it's cause the two Hashiras aren't anywhere near as interesting as Zenitsu and Inosuke (and tbh are weak compared to Tengen and Rengoku). That said, still fun stuff.
The pacing was kinda all over the place.

Oh look the water is drowning, *3 episode ms later, “wow he’s still alive and got out there, only to insta kill the demon.

Meanwhile the love hashira:” I will kill some fish and then be sidelined the entire arc. But at least I got that bath scene”

Tanjiro and Genya: “somebody kill this ***** please”

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nah they're totally planning FP3 right now

you'll see

ignore the fact that there's no mobile Smash SSBU can use to double its fighter roster

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Minecraft's soundtrack is phenomenal in general.

But I have a lot of nostalgia for this song in particular:

This is the first song I ever heard from the game, as well as in-game. I don't remember if it was on a friend's server or my singleplayer world, but this song just started playing at one point and set the tone for the rest of the game for me. I was actually surprised, too, as that point I didn't know the game actually had a soundtrack to begin with lol.

For MC players, does anyone else remember what the first song they heard in-game was?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I drew up a backlog for December too. Been able to get most months to have 2 or 3 weeks of art of the year! First up is All-Might! He's someone I never drew before, I tried to get fairly close to the style of the show, but still have my own flair to it too.

So yeah, next two weeks, Monday - Friday I'll have more new art!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Miles Morales having negative rizz and a **** Adidas suit is why Spider-Man 2 gained no awards at The Game Awards

Top Bottom