• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This is what I worry about. Then we’ll get a third game where they cut 11 more characters and we never even get a bigger roster.
Third game will be the cut veterans from the second game returning but returning veterans being cut and half the newcomers cut but otherwise other half returning.

Shroob

Sup?
This is what I worry about. Then we’ll get a third game where they cut 11 more characters and we never even get a bigger roster.
Assuming they don't assblast the game's core systems again, then they should just build off the existing systems.

Assuming the game GETS a third entry.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Assuming they don't assblast the game's core systems again, then they should just build off the existing systems.

I hope it does. The kart racers keep going and going despite not having the biggest following so who knows.

I just want the cut vets back and even more newcomers, enough that it actually feels like more and bigger of a game.

Shroob

Sup?
I hope it does. The kart racers keep going and going despite not having the biggest following so who knows.

I just want the cut vets back and even more newcomers, enough that it actually feels like more and bigger of a game.
Honestly, after hearing that the devs had already set on cutting a handful of characters regardless of time restraints, I wouldn't have a lot of faith.

Like, cutting Catdog because they relied on the old system? Sure, I can understand that, even if I hate it.

Cutting SANDY though? Nah bruh I'm out.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, after hearing that the devs had already set on cutting a handful of characters regardless of time restraints, I wouldn't have a lot of faith.

Like, cutting Catdog because they relied on the old system? Sure, I can understand that, even if I hate it.

Maybe it was just because of the proportionate ammount of SpongeBob characters? Idk. Either way, they need to get over it and not cut characters, or at least cut the meme characters.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe it was just because of the proportionate ammount of SpongeBob characters? Idk. Either way, they need to get over it and not cut characters, or at least cut the meme characters.
I dunno. 5 Spongebob characters for what's effectively Nick's Pokemon seems more than fair.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

also leaving out Leo and Mikey (despite adding Donnie and Raph while keeping top tier April) even if they were time constraint cuts

also taking out Toph while adding Azula was the big dumb dumb. Could’ve had all turtles and all bending types (then we add in Asami, Suki, or Sokka for the non bending rep)

tho SpongeBob can at least say he has the most characters in the game now
Correction.

Nick's Mario.

Loud House would be Nick's Pokemon.
that would be TMNT, not Loud House
at the worst I’d blame Nick for not giving them a higher budget to keep all the vets (be it the ones that can still return or the ones that aren’t going to get any chances)

Shroob

Sup?
also leaving out Leo and Mikey (despite adding Donnie and Raph while keeping top tier April) even if they were time constraint cuts

also taking out Toph while adding Azula was the big dumb dumb. Could’ve had all turtles and all bending types (then we add in Asami, Suki, or Sokka for the non bending rep)

tho SpongeBob can at least say he has the most characters in the game now

that would be TMNT, not Loud House

at the worst I’d blame Nick for not giving them a higher budget to keep all the vets (be it the ones that can still return or the ones that aren’t going to get any chances)
Yeeeeeeah.

Like, I'll fully admit I'm not the biggest Ninja Turtle fan, but, cutting 2 Ninja Turtles.... for 2 other Ninja Turtles is the biggest what the **** why.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pretty sure the leak that said that was unsubstantiated.

Shroob

Sup?
Pretty sure the leak that said that was unsubstantiated.
Fair enough but, ehhh.

I feel a bit spurned by Hugh most of all. It feels really ****ty to have him as DLC in the prior game, a super fan requested character, bring all the other DLC characters back, and NOT have him. You basically launched him in a dead game, and then you cut him next game so basically no one got to use him.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Mario(And DK) to an extent is basically Nintendo's building block that everything else is built upon, whereas Pokemon is the global sensation.

Spongebob wasn't an OG Nicktoon, but it 100% was a global sensation.
except nothing that Nickelodeon was “built on” got popular enough to be considered it’s Mario.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fair enough but, ehhh.

I feel a bit spurned by Hugh most of all. It feels really ****ty to have him as DLC in the prior game, a super fan requested character, bring all the other DLC characters back, and NOT have him. You basically launched him in a dead game, and then you cut him next game so basically no one got to use him.
From what I saw him being cut is the most last minute **** possible like, Brawl Mewtwo fwiw

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeeeeeeah.

Like, I'll fully admit I'm not the biggest Ninja Turtle fan, but, cutting 2 Ninja Turtles.... for 2 other Ninja Turtles is the biggest what the **** why.
it’d be like Mario and Luigi being cut from Smash just to add Waluigi into the game, or Tink and Yink to add in a new Link

or any other foolish possibilities

Shroob

Sup?

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'm kinda doubtful about this game's system myself, tbh.

I didn't like the first game because the core gameplay was needlessly convoluted and there was no diversity between characters' playstyles. The sequel... adds more complicated mechanics and even more rushdown characters.

Like, maybe it'll turn out better but I'm starting to feel like the devs simply aren't all that much interested in making Nick All-Stars accessible to casual players.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm starting to feel like the devs simply aren't all that much interested in making Nick All-Stars accessible to casual players.
I'd actually argue the supers are more for casuals so they have SOMETHING to spend that slime meter on instead of learning everything else. The lack of supers was a complaint among casuals, wasn't it?
not giving them a higher budget to keep all the vets
That would require more time, not just money. And quite frankly no one would consider this game rushed if NASB1 didn't exist, since the lack of Helga =/= a lack of polish.

Last edited:

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Since someone made a Florian version of that "he will betray Kirby" image, I made one for Acht/Dedf1sh
(I'm not actually claiming for certain that Acht will betray us, this is more like hoping for the best and preparing for the worst)
betray mario.jpg
betray agent 8.png

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looks like Harry Goodman isn't the body of Pikachu like in the movie as in a cutscene Mewtwo was shown flying with an unconscious Harry behind him and then Harry was taken away from what are very likely the bad guys.

Now I really want to reach the end of this game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
TMNT however wasn't a Nick property to begin with, they only bought the rights.

Here's how I'd consider it.

Mario: Spongebob
The Loud House: The Legend of Zelda
TMNT: Pokemon
Ok. But Nickelodeon milked the hell out of FOP for so long and its origins extend further back. It’s even still getting reboots and revivals despite the lack of Nick brawl representation. So FOP is the Zelda most likely and Loud House is like… Animal Crossing or Splatoon.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hot take time: Mario Kart Tour is really cool. I like the gameplay loop where you try to get a high combo score, and how you are encouraged to use different characters on different tracks. I really hope it gets a sequel of sorts (in addition to a normal Mario Kart, not instead of it).

Noipoi

Howdy!
Loud House is Nick’s Splatoon. A new IP that very quickly blew up and became a major franchise.

I don’t care if the origins of each property don’t exactly match up because semantics are stupid. In terms of popularity, SpongeBob is their Mario and FOP is probably their Zelda.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
TMNT however wasn't a Nick property to begin with, they only bought the rights.

Here's how I'd consider it.

Mario: Spongebob
The Loud House: The Legend of Zelda
TMNT: Pokemon
Ok. But Nickelodeon milked the hell out of FOP for so long and its origins extend further back. It’s even still getting reboots and revivals despite the lack of Nick brawl representation. So FOP is the Zelda most likely and Loud House is like… Animal Crossing or Splatoon.
Loud House is Nick’s Splatoon. A new IP that very quickly blew up and became a major franchise.

I don’t care if the origins of each property don’t exactly match up because semantics are stupid. In terms of popularity, SpongeBob is their Mario and FOP is probably their Zelda.
yeah Loud House is definitely more of a Splatoon thing than any of the higher ranking Nintendo properties. And although this could also fit the Zelda branch, Avatar is the Fire Emblem of the group.

Top Bottom