• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
I really should read Chainsaw Man.

It 100% feels like something that'd be right up my alley, and KICKBACK is a ****ing awesome op song.

It's just soo hard to get my ass motivated to read manga tho.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm bout to bust out my wallet.
I'll probably get it... eventually. No rush since I still need to start PLA to even start shiny hunting Alphas in the first place lol.

Kickback ****ing slaps so hard, It should be considered abuse
It ****ing does it's soo damn good.

And EVERYTHING I've seen in regards to CSM seems AWESOME, just.... god I've never recovered from trying to keep up with One Piece years back.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It’s next year, Smash Bros Ultimate Curtain Call has been announced for the Switch 2.

The game is said to be the last chance for several fighters as Nintendo assures is future games will be more of a reboot.

One day at the end of a random Direct, we see Ness….

The story of Earthbound plays out before our eyes with a focus on Ness making choices in the game. He gets to Gigyias and is defeated.

Waking up in a strange palace, Ness begins to wander around.

Eventually:

???:”hehe, your not who I was expecting. You seem tired, like you had to decide a lot for your future. Doesn’t seem it worked out to well for you though.

I don’t have a bone to pick with you, but I can’t let you pass either. Show me your conviction!”

* A blue light emboldens the room.
Starts playing.

“Sans rattles the competition”

How would you react?

StormC

Smash Hero
And EVERYTHING I've seen in regards to CSM seems AWESOME, just.... god I've never recovered from trying to keep up with One Piece years back.
Nothing saying you can't read at your own pace, I think we live in a society that values binging our entertainment and not processing it but you can read manga as slowly or quickly as you want

I say this as someone who fell off One Piece for about a decade and only caught back up last year lol

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I really should read Chainsaw Man.

It 100% feels like something that'd be right up my alley, and KICKBACK is a ****ing awesome op song.

It's just soo hard to get my ass motivated to read manga tho.
I actually just picked up the box set after considering it for so long as $60 for 11 volumes didn't sound too bad.

But yeah, the anime was sick

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Idk if anyone is aware of what's happening with my country right now, just wanted to reassure you guys that I am alive and well
I forgot you lived there. It sucks to see what’s happening, but glad you’re safe. Hope you can continue that way!

Shroob

Sup?
LETS GO LITTLE MAN! WHAT GODLIKE PANELING AND INSANITY DOES TO A MFER

ALREADY THROUGH A DECENT CHUNK OF PART 1, ALSO KNOWN AS PEAK 1, YOU LOVE TO SEE IT
Mate I wasn't at all expecting Himeno to die what the hell.

Kobeni is ****ing cool as **** and Power is great, I love her.

Denji is pathetic, but it loops around to being weirdly cool in a way.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mate I wasn't at all expecting Himeno to die what the hell.

Kobeni is *ing cool as * and Power is great, I love her.

Denji is pathetic, but it loops around to being weirdly cool in a way.
You're like halfway through the anime at this point, glad you're having fun, reminds me of how I binged through all of the manga on a sunday like this about a year ago after seeing friends lose their minds about the anime

Shroob

Sup?
You're like halfway through the anime at this point, glad you're having fun, reminds me of how I binged through all of the manga on a sunday like this about a year ago after seeing friends lose their minds about the anime
And now I just crossed past your avatar.

Happy Halloween Halloween.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
20 chapters in

Yeah

This is sweet
Just remeber Power is best girl
****ing hope so. I don't need another trip to the hospital. Thank god I've got insurance, otherwise at this point I'm sure the doctor would just kill me himself.
You: walk in "Hey, ehats up doc?"

Doctor: "
1696770525777.png
"

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Some information regarding my original titan Titanus Nanook aka polar bear titan.

MONARCH DESIGNATION: Nanook
CLASSIFICATION: Titanus Nanook
NATURE: Bio-Cryogenic
BODY HEIGHT: 196 feet (On all fours), 346 feet (When standing)
BEHAVIOUR: Protector
RANGE: Arctic
MONARCH Outpost: Exit Glacier (Alaska)

Titanus Nanook, one of the few mammalian titans (and one of the few semi-aquatic mammalians) was originally a Hollow Earth native who traveled to the surface via an artic tunnel. There, Nanook found that its thick white fur, which previously had served as armor in the hollow earth, perfectly adapted it to the arctic landscape.

Soon, Nanook came to be worshipped by the indigenous population as a living God and, in turn, protected the people from both human and titan threats, including Titanus Margygr.

Interestingly, during Ghidroah's call, Nanook was not affected the same way his titan cousins were and instead chose to protect its territory (Most notably at some point from an invading Titanus Scylla who was nesting nearby), demonstrating a greater level of intelligence than most titans.

One notable trait of Nanook is if he has patterns on his hair that look like paintings that native people wear, what it really means is that the original people are the ones who paint themselves in honor of him, worshiped as a native god. Inuits who still believe in and worship Nanook, still retain those markings on him.

Though cryogenic is Nanook's main nature, he also possesses a secondary nature of bio-telekinetic, being able to manipulate water notably to melt ice around him into water and refreeze it at will, along with the ability to purify water of any pollution and even create large lake or rivers of purified water. Similar to Behemoth as well, any radiation he emits around him wherever he goes, he can leave trails of ice and glaciers behind, this is very beneficial to the Arctic to fight against climate change.

Mamboo07 Mamboo07 NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy You guys might be interested being kaiju fans like myself.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Same. Honestly I had the same problem with JoJo at first years back when the anime started it’s third season (and realized they bloated the **** out of Part 3) but Part 7 and 8 being monthly chapters kinda stopped the burnout. You didn’t really have to catch up to stay on it.

Part 8 being a mystery like Part 4 also helped me stay motivated to read it. Idk if I **** with Part 9, the last thing I saw was another Rohan variant exactly one year ago and said “ok cool”.

Now Jujustsu Kaisen, I’m kinda burnt out on reading. Even though Gojo ****ing died holy **** and it would make me want to pick back up, I just don’t wanna. The art on the characters is kinda mad ugly imo, especially begins to around the arc the anime is going thru rn. It’s hard to follow and read like a manga, **** just melds together and characters look weird. Not creepy weird, goofy weird. Ithas similar issues that I have with reading One Piece. How the **** do you read a modern One Piece chapter with all the **** going on at once?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ithas similar issues that I have with reading One Piece. How the ** do you read a modern One Piece chapter with all the ** going on at once?
The sheer amount of chaos is part of the fun. (also, Oda finally has the opportunity to show what's going on in the broader world of the series)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The sheer amount of chaos is part of the fun. (also, Oda finally has the opportunity to show what's going on in the broader world of the series)
I think he partially means how the panelling has gone to ****, One Piece is the only manga I have to reread a page because I realized I was reading it wrong, which is ironic as I had to reread early pages whenever there were multiple women cause Oda could not make Nami or Vivi look different

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I started reading Dungeon Meshi a while ago, and now that it is finished I have started it up again.

It's really good

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think he partially means how the panelling has gone to ****, One Piece is the only manga I have to reread a page because I realized I was reading it wrong, which is ironic as I had to reread early pages whenever there were multiple women cause Oda could not make Nami or Vivi look different
I actually started re reading the entire Egghead arc recently cause I realized I missed a whole bunch of stuff after watching some YouTube theories.

Yes I stared getting into the One Piece theories rabbit hole, being barricaded inside your own home and constantly on edge will do that to you

Last edited:
Top Bottom