• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dipper Pines being in the Boys Gen V is one of the funniest casting decisions of all time

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My only real issue with the Mario movie is that it feels like they rushed into the climax.

DK is framed like a main character but it feels like once he's introduced into the story the climax starts almost immediately.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The final base roster character for Nickelodeon All Star Brawl 2 was revealed today:

She might become my new main.

Reactions: Z25

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Did you guys know there's a live Bluey stage show?

I do and I wish I didn't.
Okay, honestly, to me these costumes aren't that creepy. There have and still do exist professional costumes of cartoon characters that are way more unsettling and uncanny than this.

Need I remind everyone of how Mickey and Minnie's costumes looked on Disneyland's opening day...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
They weren't kidding when people said the graphics of Detective Pikachu Returns is bad.

But still eager to play this game.

StormC

Smash Hero
The final base roster character for Nickelodeon All Star Brawl 2 was revealed today:

She might become my new main.
The gameplay on this doesn't look very appealing to me, but I'm glad they kept the "my own mother thought I was a monster, she was right" line

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Your enjoyment of the movie is entirely dependant on two factors

1. How many bing bing wahoo games you played as a kid
2. How much you're willing to let missteps slide because you like these characters
For me I was willing to let the pacing and everything go because I love the way the characters were portrayed and played so much that it kind of overshadowed all the bad things people said

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Second Project Voltage Miku song was released, called “Electrical Forecast” by inabakumori.

Idk what the lyrics mean, but it sounds really cool and the art is cute + this one has a lot of references too:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’ve been playing Judgment on and off for the past two months. I somehow didn’t realize that it was a Yakuza spinoff until I saw the SEGA logo when I booted it. Idk how I missed this game series but it’s cool to be able to play beat ‘em up RPG Yakuza instead of the new JRPG Yakuza.

It’s fun. It’s wacky. I like it. :nifty: I’ll play the sequel after I beat this game.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

2. How much you're willing to let missteps slide because you like these characters
I probably wouldn't have liked it if I wasn't a Mario fan, but I am so I enjoyed it.

I said it a gazillion times but I hope the Zelda movie isn't like that, Zelda has a lot more source material to use.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I probably wouldn't have liked it if I wasn't a Mario fan, but I am so I enjoyed it.

I said it a gazillion times but I hope the Zelda movie isn't like that, Zelda has a lot more source material to use.
A LoZ movie would be much better in the hands of a studio like Dreamworks.

Sure, they've missed the mark with a few of their movies too, but they've proven that they know how to consistently tell compelling stories.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Like all movies/shows made from some original source material I love, I always try to go in knowing it won't be perfect based on said source material. You have to try to enjoy it for what it is. In this instance, growing up on Mario games, I was just excited to see Mario on the big screen in a way that made sense (sorry Bob & John). Going in without any grand expectations left me a happy viewer by the time credits rolled.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dipper Pines being in the Boys Gen V is one of the funniest casting decisions of all time
and somehow in the same episode where a man’s ding dong blew the **** up

The Boys tv franchise is amazing and ****ed

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Finally got around to watching the new Lego Masters season.

They are switching things up by have the winners final build become an official set.

A bold move, and one that could be really good or bad. These builds are massive, and if you were to scale them down for a set, you would lose a lot of value imo.

Hopefully they find a good balance.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
and somehow in the same episode where a man’s ding dong blew the **** up

The Boys tv franchise is amazing and ****ed
When I first watched this like 2 years ago, I had not seen any ads or done any due diligence to find out what the show was about.....it was a shocking view the first time, in a good way, and I freaking loved it, and look forward to when new seasons release. But yeah, first time I viewed, when A-Train ran through his gf in a bloody explosion, I nearly metaphorically spit out my drink dying from the sick humor. Lol.

Top Bottom