• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Finally playing the castle of illusion remake on my steam deck. Was a backlog game for a while. Pretty good, makes me wish there was a 2D Bugs Bunny game of this Calibur.

Not like WB games will ever make it with the state they’re in now though.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There is some slipperiness, jerkiness and wonkiness for a lack of a better word for the latter in their controls. I might still be getting used to them, but I have made good progress on that, myself.
That's just how Frontiers is. You're constantly fighting the controls because the game got pushed out too early for them to make it not play like ****.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you want to fuss over weird technical lore Pokemon stuff, then make it about Legendaries and ****.

Like, the games make it seem like there's only 1 of each, but then the games also make it seem like that's not true at the same time.

And then the anime complicates things by making it so there can be baby Legendary Pokemon like Lugia.
Tbf, a lot of the later legendaries aren't even "Legendary", they're just "regular" mons from a different land, era, or dimension that are much tougher to find in the world we play in.

Starry.

No Life Princess
Just thinking, like some while back I used to absolutely dump on V-Tubers, like a running joke that far overstayed it's welcome. And now that I think of it... where did they go? You don't hear about them anymore, and when you do it's because of a horrible take or them randomly deciding to start acting like Adolf Hitler. As for the rest of them, did they just... disappear?
as a vtuber, I hear about them because I am one but I guess if you aren't actively looking for them you wouldn't hear much about them, like with most things.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Going by how many of you like Dark type Hatsune Miku, I'm in belief that 10 of you are into Goth Girls. Y'all are based.

Shroob

Sup?
Tbf, a lot of the later legendaries aren't even "Legendary", they're just "regular" mons from a different land, era, or dimension that are much tougher to find in the world we play in.
And then you got stuff like Latios/as which are said to live in schools "over the ocean".

Of all the legendaries, only ones that feel like actual 1-ofs are like, Ho-Oh, Eternatus and maybe Necrozma, but it's an Ultra Beast so you get into dimensional **** **** stuff.

Maybe Kyurem's group too

Arceus can clone itself so lol.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Idk if you guys are keeping up to date with the SAG AFTRA strike, but one for voice actors is gonna be in deliberation next week. If it goes through, influencers, including streamers, shouldn’t stream anything affiliated with an affected company if they wish to be a VA or journalist or something lest they be seen as a “scab” and blacklisted.

and Disney Character Voices Inc. is one of the companies they’ll strike against. Makes me wonder if streaming Smash Ultimate will be affected, particularly having Sora appear in stream (if you or someone in an arena plays him). I wonder if any other characters will be affected depending on their VO.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Tbf I don't think it was ever stated that Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres were one of a kind in Red/Blue, so I don't think it was ever a requirement. Heck even in the case of Mew.

I think them all being one of a kind was just something we assumed because it seemed to be true for some of them.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And then you got stuff like Latios/as which are said to live in schools "over the ocean".

Of all the legendaries, only ones that feel like actual 1-ofs are like, Ho-Oh, Eternatus and maybe Necrozma, but it's an Ultra Beast so you get into dimensional ** ** stuff.

Maybe Kyurem's group too

Arceus can clone itself so lol.
It is funny that Legends Arceus put so much focus on the lore of the Legendaries, like we get a backstory on why Giratina did what he did in Platinum, the fact that there's only one Dialga and Palkia and both decend to Spear Pillar under extreme circumstances, more context on the Lake Trio and their role on all of them, etc.

And then for some reason they're all just chilling in a random cave in Galar.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
This is very interesting, the assets for character select screen portraits for Dr. Octopus and Frank West were found within the files of Marvel Vs Capcom 3:

So for those that do not know, both Dr. Octopus and Frank West were both planned to be part of the Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate of the Worlds, but did not make the cut. Frank West did however went on to be a part of the Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 roster, but Dr. Octopus was cut due to glitches associated with his move set.

In addition, there was also a Chun-Li based stage in the works before it did not make the cut for Marvel Vs Capcom 3 too.

Source: Xenos

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
and Disney Character Voices Inc. is one of the companies they’ll strike against. Makes me wonder if streaming Smash Ultimate will be affected, particularly having Sora appear in stream (if you or someone in an arena plays him). I wonder if any other characters will be affected depending on their VO.
I don't really think that counts as scab behavior, it's not like you can just ban Sora mains and even then streaming Smash is more of an advertisement for Nintendo than Disney. I'ts not like you're streaming yourself purchasing the DLC and then every Disney game in existence and then telling everyone to follow suit.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As a fan of the kaiju genre. I'm so utterly sick and tired of hearing this complaint from people.

"We just want monster fights, no human characters"

So you want an entire movie of the screen time being just the monsters themselves. How would that cover 1 and a half to 2 hours?

Human characters aren't the problem.

****** or boring human characters are. G14 (Except Joe Brody and Serizawa), KotM (Except Serizawa) and Godzilla vs. Kong (At least the Godzilla side of the story) show this.

What made Kong: Skull Island work was the human characters being actually pretty decent, not Shawshank Redemption or Citizen Kane levels mind you but to the point they were worth a ****, characters you cared for or related to.

Another example of good human characters in kaiju films. The original Gojira, Heisei Gamera Trilogy and GMK: All-Monsters Attack.

What a giant monster just needs is good human characters to keep the plot going.

Shocking I know right to find out the truth?

Sorry, I just had to rant and vent this out.

Edit: Also factor in, hour and a half to two hours of just monsters let alone fighting, do you realize how much money they would have to spend on just the CGI alone?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The first Project Voltage song, “Volt Tackle”:

It seems to be a Pokémon-style love song.

The video is really cool, Miku and Pikachu are really cute, and there’s a lot of Pokemon references in the lyrics (Miku is singing in Japanese, but there’s English captions) + some in the music itself. I think it’s awesome!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, Ultra Beasts came in Gen 7, and the Fairy Type seemingly existed before the Ultimate Weapon since >Xerneas.
Potentially Sun and Moon takes place before or around the same time as X and Y. If they wanted to go that route, that is.

Also in universe, no one seems to know the XY legends exist, or what they really looked like. So you could say they never knew it’s type and maybe the war mutated it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Potentially Sun and Moon takes place before or around the same time as X and Y. If they wanted to go that route, that is.
I think Sun & Moon is meant to be the latest in the timeline. As of 2016, at least. It canonically takes place 20 years after the events of Red/Blue, and I think it's meant to be after every other game as well.

So it'd be 3 years after XY.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Landed in Vienna, doing one night layover and then gonna fly back home in the morning

My flight was awful, 14 hours of staring into the abyss and on top of that I may have gotten sick due to how cold it was in addition to having the worst jet lag of all time

Noipoi

Howdy!
Landed in Vienna, doing one night layover and then gonna fly back home in the morning

My flight was awful, 14 hours of staring into the abyss and on top of that I may have gotten sick due to how cold it was in addition to having the worst jet lag of all time
AND BOY ARE YOUR ARMS TIRED!!!

dededelaugh.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Idk if you guys are keeping up to date with the SAG AFTRA strike, but one for voice actors is gonna be in deliberation next week. If it goes through, influencers, including streamers, shouldn’t stream anything affiliated with an affected company if they wish to be a VA or journalist or something lest they be seen as a “scab” and blacklisted.

Ok this is getting ridiculous. You shouldn't be a scab if you stream a game when you're not even in the union.

Top Bottom