• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
She’s a program. No more sentient than Porygon.
Porygon is an AI that’s about as intelligent as the average animal in its world.

Miku is an AI that’s every bit as sapient as a human being, thoughts and feelings and all.

It’d totally be slavery. Now shut up before you bring about the robot uprising.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Porygon is an AI that’s about as intelligent as the average animal in its world.

Miku is an AI that’s every bit as sapient as a human being, thoughts and feelings and all.

It’d totally be slavery. Now shut up before you bring about the robot uprising.
If we go by the anime and not the games, honestly Pokemon are only slightly below human intelligence.

If we go by the games.... well there was mention in Gen 4 that People and Pokemon used to basically be the same and...get married....No Joker, Joker, stop. Stop it Joker.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If we go by the anime and not the games, honestly Pokemon are only slightly below human intelligence.

If we go by the games.... well there was mention in Gen 4 that People and Pokemon used to basically be the same and...get married....No Joker, Joker, stop. Stop it Joker.
Good point. But in the Pokémon world, capturing Pokémon is totally fine. Whether that’s ethical or not is a question for Team Plasma, but the Pokémon don’t seem to mind.

On the other hand, capturing humans isn’t really cool.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I won't be able to play the Frontiers DLC in like 10 hours so can someone tell me how to access it ingame?
There is a ring with a swirly pattern in Ouranos Island that leads to the story mode. It is in the south east part of the island, and is in the form of a swirly pattern on the map, you can't miss it.

I warn you, though, the new playable characters do have some big problems.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I won't be able to play the Frontiers DLC in like 10 hours so can someone tell me how to access it ingame?
on the far right side of Ouranos Island (aka the last one), you’ll find a circle on the map representing a giant ass ring portal. Hop in there and you’ll start the dlc storyline
IMG_0226.jpeg
IMG_0227.jpeg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Idea. Lego Fury Bowser that’s the size of canon Fury Bowser.
Wouldn’t that be roughly the scale? How much bigger/smaller is the giant Lego bowser if you scale everything? I was just thinking that they could reuse that original build with minor alterations and different color bricks.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay so, operating under the assumption that Pokémon like Snubbull or Clefable were always Fairy types and they just weren’t classified as such until 2013-

Why were they hurt by Fighting type moves? Why were they immune to Ghost types? Why couldn’t they beat dragons?

Were they stupid?
Faries lose their powers if you don't believe in them. No one believed in faries back then.

But now the magic is back.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I heard a common criticism for Final Horizon is the difficulty. That is so funny after people were starting to criticize Frontiers for being too easy only this time it doesn't sound cheesable like the Open Zone Challenge score requirement being lower on easier difficulties
There is some slipperiness, jerkiness and wonkiness for a lack of a better word for the latter in their controls. I might still be getting used to them, but I have made good progress on that, myself.
Could it be that you haven't played in a while too? I find myself needing to warm my hands for 3D Sonic games a bit

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I heard a common criticism for Final Horizon is the difficulty. That is so funny after people were starting to criticize Frontiers for being too easy only this time it doesn't sound cheesable like the Open Zone Challenge score requirement being lower on easier difficulties
Could it be that you haven't played in a while too? I find myself needing to warm my hands for 3D Sonic games a bit
Maybe, but on this Sonic site I go to, I have seen many similar complaints.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay so, operating under the assumption that Pokémon like Snubbull or Clefable were always Fairy types and they just weren’t classified as such until 2013-

Why were they hurt by Fighting type moves? Why were they immune to Ghost types? Why couldn’t they beat dragons?

Were they stupid?
They forgot

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Were they stupid?
Headcanon:

The energy from the ultimate weapon or ultra beasts, spread worldwide, drastically changing the eco system and resulting in the fairy type.

Shroob

Sup?
Headcanon:

The energy from the ultimate weapon or ultra beasts, spread worldwide, drastically changing the eco system and resulting in the fairy type.
Well, Ultra Beasts came in Gen 7, and the Fairy Type seemingly existed before the Ultimate Weapon since >Xerneas.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No.

The size of canon Fury Bowser.

Like, bigger than a building.
And what would be the point of making a Lego set only Elon musk could afford?
I mean the regular Lego bowser is already compatible

Could definitely be more in depth though
I did not know that. I assumed it was just a Lego model.
music notes are scattered across the islands, while the boss rush stuff is on the main menu
Are the new missions listed in the menue in any way? I’d there any sort of quest log? Or do I have to copy/paste one from ign?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I did not know that. I assumed it was just a Lego model.
The Lego NES and ? block also have compatibility. Seems like Nintendo and/or Lego really want to go all out with Lego Mario compatibility.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Were they stupid?
Honestly, imo, gameplay isn’t reflective of actual Pokémon lore. Pokémon probably don’t all actually hatch from eggs and they probably don’t all “hatch” fully grown. Pokémon can probably do more than 4 things irl. If they fought irl they probably wouldn’t just stand there taking turns. And just like the hp system is an abstract representation of your overall condition in a battle, so is typing and type effectiveness. It all kind of makes sense but it’s not literal and it doesn’t matter if it changes game to game. Just gotta roll with it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Honestly, imo, gameplay isn’t reflective of actual Pokémon lore. Pokémon probably don’t all actually hatch from eggs and they probably don’t all “hatch” fully grown. Pokémon can probably do more than 4 things irl. If they fought irl they probably wouldn’t just stand there taking turns. And just like the hp system is an abstract representation of your overall condition in a battle, so is typing and type effectiveness. It all kind of makes sense but it’s not literal and it doesn’t matter if it changes game to game. Just gotta roll with it.
Just about every form of Pokemon media goes with Pokemon hatching from eggs and Pokemon having types.

I don't think there's much point in fussing over continuity errors caused by gameplay but I also don't think ignoring well established cross-media aspects of the franchise helps either.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Lego NES and ? block also have compatibility. Seems like Nintendo and/or Lego really want to go all out with Lego Mario compatibility.
I own the Lego nes and it’s not compatible as far as I know. It doesn’t have any of those little squares anyways that Mario interacts with. At least not that I remember. It was two years ago I put it together.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I own the Lego nes and it’s not compatible as far as I know. It doesn’t have any of those little squares anyways that Mario interacts with. At least not that I remember. It was two years ago I put it together.
Mario interacts with the top of the TV.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Mario interacts with the top of the TV.
Heh. I’ll have to try that out some time. Like I said it was forever ago I put it together and I never imagined buying any of the other Lego Mario sets at the time. All they had to do was release DK and now I’ve got a Peach starter course and way more sets to buy.

Shroob

Sup?
If you want to fuss over weird technical lore Pokemon stuff, then make it about Legendaries and ****.

Like, the games make it seem like there's only 1 of each, but then the games also make it seem like that's not true at the same time.

And then the anime complicates things by making it so there can be baby Legendary Pokemon like Lugia.

Top Bottom