• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
SpongeBob just got renewed for a 15th season…maybe they’ll finally have a normal schedule by the time it premieres

Season 14 hasn’t even happened yet, Season 13 has been airing since 2020 and still isn’t finished, and that was airing in between the 4 year long Season 12 (other than SpongeBob, who the hell airs another season in between a different season?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Amphibia was way better on the road. They were way too eager to get back to wartwood. Kinda wish they had stayed on the road for more of the season.

The 11 minute structure really causes you to blow through ideas doesn’t it?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Amphibia was way better on the road. They were way too eager to get back to wartwood. Kinda wish they had stayed on the road for more of the season.

The 11 minute structure really causes you to blow through ideas doesn’t it?
it did make the 22 minute episodes feel a lot more special, and never missed

also I’m totally late on this, but when it comes to the loving, I could’ve easily pictured Anne and Marcy being a couple if anything

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Might as well weigh in on the Amphibishipping debate...

Honestly, as a big Amphibia Enjoyer I never really got the romantic vibes from the human gal pal trio. The friendship is clearly very real but I never really saw it as anything more than that.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Started up that new Frontiers update.

I thought Amy's first segment was pretty fun since her tarot card jump pairs up extremely well with the Spin Dash allowing her to fly over large chunks of the map with ease, but man, I don't know what the **** they did to Knuckles' glide.

**** does not feel good at all

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Whoever said that Sonic Frontiers was too easy, only to complain about the dlc being too hard…**** you cause I’m now suffering

> nobody told me I had to actually think and use skills to look like I’m good at these dlc struggles

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Seeing footage of Frontiers DLC and 1. It's never beating the "hire this man" allegations and 2. Reminded me I still don't own Frontiers
So on that note, Frontiers worth it? I was debating on it early on, but I decided to wait until all the updates rolled in. Well that time is now, so I am once again asking, worth?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The more of these Disney channel shows I watch, the clearer a picture I get of the Kingdom Hearts 2D side scrolling spin-off based on 2D Disney TV shows I’m conceptualizing gets in my head. Between Phineas and Ferb, DuckTales, Owl House, Amphibia, and Gravity Falls, I already have a pretty good idea for the overarching plot. Hopefully it will be just as easy to tie the other shows in once I finally give them a watch.

Shroob

Sup?
Keep running into this dude everywhere I go who is ADAMANT that the Teal Mask retconned Unova as being America and.... no it didn't? At all?

Dude never responds either. He just vanishes for a few days and goes "The DLC retconned Unova as being America."

It's bizarre.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Keep running into this dude everywhere I go who is ADAMANT that the Teal Mask retconned Unova as being America and.... no it didn't? At all?

Dude never responds either. He just vanishes for a few days and goes "The DLC retconned Unova as being America."

It's bizarre.
something something can't read

Shroob

Sup?
I think I'd be less annoying if he like, actually gave a reason as to why he thinks that, but everyone calls him out on it, he vanishes for like, 2 days, and the cycle repeats. It's bizarre.

Also he may or may not be a member here but I'm not gonna name names obv.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The more of these Disney channel shows I watch, the clearer a picture I get of the Kingdom Hearts 2D side scrolling spin-off based on 2D Disney TV shows I’m conceptualizing gets in my head. Between Phineas and Ferb, DuckTales, Owl House, Amphibia, and Gravity Falls, I already have a pretty good idea for the overarching plot. Hopefully it will be just as easy to tie the other shows in once I finally give them a watch.
I wish we could get an KH game centered around Disney TV shows, but even if either Square or Disney were up for the idea. Alex Hirsch seems to hate the Kingdom Hearts, so unless that's changed, it's unlikely that Gravity Falls would be involved.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wish we could get an KH game centered around Disney TV shows, but even if either Square or Disney were up for the idea. Alex Hirsch seems to hate the Kingdom Hearts, so unless that's changed, it's unlikely that Gravity Falls would be involved.
How could anyone hate Kingdom Hearts? That sucks. But as long as it exists solely in my head I’ll continue to use it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 378524

I mean

I don't hate it per-se, but if you gave me a choice between playing KH or Big Rigs, I'm choosing Big Rigs.
Between the surprisingly complex action rpg with cool spells and Disney characters and the glitches truck game you’ed pick the glitchy truck game… I mean I’m not even the biggest KH fan this side of the Rockies or anything but even I think that’s harsh.

I played the games for the first time over a discord call with a friend and I already knew as much about the story as I could and we basically turned the story into mystery science 3000 by the end. Except for the first game. The first game was the only one with an ok plot.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How could anyone hate Kingdom Hearts? That sucks. But as long as it exists solely in my head I’ll continue to use it.
He compared to it Space Jam, called both cynical (I guess because he considers them nostalgic crossover cashgrabs or something? I don't know) and while this last part might be a joke, he also called it "proof that God doesn't exist".

I love Alex but the main can be kind of a jerk sometimes.

View attachment 378524

I mean

I don't hate it per-se, but if you gave me a choice between playing KH or Big Rigs, I'm choosing Big Rigs.
...Jokes aside, that's unironically lame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom