• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mortal Kombat Snow Blind is PEAK. Good movie, would reccomend it to anyone who likes either the MK series or animated action.

KillerCage

Smash Master
MAN! Bill Cipher vs Discord was incredible! Even if my preferred character didn't win the fight, in a way he still won. I think it is my favorite episode of the season and likely will stay that way. Anyone else's thoughts on the latest Death Battle episode and the next time?
I'm giving Disney's Treasure Planet a go to see what the hullabaloo is all about.
You're in for a good time, my friend.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I've honestly always wanted to do that.

I took Spanish in high school but, no one remembers their Spanish high school class.

I know soo many people that can read Japanese and I'm just that awkward 4th guy in the room having no idea what they're talking about lol.
It's a good skill to have, I know some basic Spanish phrases and stuff as well as some things I taught myself when I worked retail (town has a good hispanic population).

Should pick it back up tbh, I have too much downtime

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I took Spanish in high school but, no one remembers their Spanish high school class.
Oh, I remember it.

Being literally a downgrade from what I'd learn from Dora the Explorer. Seriously felt like I was learning the same Spanish words over and over for each grade.

Shroob

Sup?
I just finished Disney's Treasure Planet.

This was a box office bomb? It is awesome!
Movie was ****ing robbed. The movie is fantastic and deserved soo much more.

View attachment 377571

So how are we doing fellas? Anything cool?
Honestly just waiting for tomorrow night to start filling up the Kitakami dex. There have been like, zero leaks since the original ones from a week ago.

Though apparently that Khu person says they've seen Paradox Entei and Terrakion and Entei is nowhere near as crazy as people are expecting it to be compared to Walking Wake/Raging BoltGreat Neck

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Movie was ****ing robbed. The movie is fantastic and deserved soo much more.

Honestly just waiting for tomorrow night to start filling up the Kitakami dex. There have been like, zero leaks since the original ones from a week ago.

Though apparently that Khu person says they've seen Paradox Entei and Terrakion and Entei is nowhere near as crazy as people are expecting it to be compared to Walking Wake/Raging BoltGreat Neck
Oh shoot DLC is tomorrow isn't it.

Completely forgot

KillerCage

Smash Master
I just finished Disney's Treasure Planet.

This was a box office bomb? It is awesome!
I recall hearing that Disney set the movie up to fail putting it against The Santa Clause 2, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Sercets, and Die Another Day. Too bad the critics actually loved the film.

Shroob

Sup?
The bigger question in regards to the DLC

Leak stuff so be warned

Are you ready for Freddy?

1694483734744.png

Yes, I posted this meme before, sue me.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I recall hearing that Disney set the movie up to fail putting it against The Santa Clause 2, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Sercets, and Die Another Day. Too bad the critics actually loved the film.
joke's on Disney

I watched all 4 of those in theaters

Even invited my whole class to watch Treasure Planet on my birthday

Officer Jenny

Smash Rookie
Ngl, I still don't know how to feel about SV.

It's genuinelly the best Pokemon game we have one paper, and it's definifely my favorite and one of my favorites of all time, but... it's a mess. BUT... it's a phenominal game underneath it. I never had this much fun playing a Pokemon game but man oh man is it unpolished.
Still? Either way the music as usual is next level

Shroob

Sup?
Ngl, I still don't know how to feel about SV.

It's genuinelly the best Pokemon game we have one paper, and it's definifely my favorite and one of my favorites of all time, but... it's a mess. BUT... it's a phenominal game underneath it. I never had this much fun playing a Pokemon game but man oh man is it unpolished.
It's the best worst game you've ever played. Or the worst best game. Either phrase holds some water.

Shroob

Sup?
I still hold that Emerald is my favorite Pokemon game, but Gen 9 streamlines (almost) everything to the point that getting your dream team is actually doable.

As long as you have access to other games
or the GTS
and hope that the Pokemon you're trading for aren't hacked/Gen since they've started coming down on those

Honestly, something like Dynamax adventures in Gen 9 for easier access to prior legendaries, access to Hisuian Pokemon and their evolution methods, and a ****ING ITEM THAT LETS YOU GET 0 IVS FOR TRICK ROOM would be all that's really missing from making these the most 'accessible' Pokemon games ever.

One time TMs suck, and getting other regional forms is still a huge pain, but the latter seems like it's going to be fixed in the 2nd DLC since they showed an Alolan Exeggutor.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Gamefreak, "We are removing Scald and Toxic from everyone's movesets."

There was great joy

Gamefreak, several months later, "We are bringing back Scald and Toxic as TMs for everyone's movesets."

Shroob

Sup?
But it's gonna be so ass it's unusable AND/OR 75% of the mons can't use it anymore
The fact they brought back, seemingly all the Isle of Armor tutor moves for this DLC is.... a bit worrying.

Grassy Glide lost 10 attack but, Rillaboom is still a thing.

Poltergeist and Triple Axel are also still insanely powerful moves.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Grey DeLisle got scammed out of $650 due to paying a fan to make some Daphne art…but they used AI and she didn’t notice until after paying + fans telling her about it

she got the money back at the least…but damn them AI “artists” out here scamming people who hate AI work

Shroob

Sup?
Not gonna matter when we see the Gen 9 tutor moves
tbh nothing could be as bs as Dire Claw.

50% chance to poison/para/sleep on a single move is duuuuumb lmao. If that move were on something that wasn't Sneasler it'd possibly be one of the most broken moves ever.

Top Bottom