• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
it feels weird seeing the happy go lucky stoner Persona 4 gang around the formerly depressing yet still hopeful Persona 3 characters and idk why

Shroob

Sup?
it feels weird seeing the happy go lucky stoner Persona 4 gang around the formerly depressing yet still hopeful Persona 3 characters and idk why
Persona 4 feels like Scooby Doo almost.

Persona 3 feels 'slightly' closer to how the original 2 Persona gamers were narratively.

Shroob

Sup?
It's a strong 3/5 imo
I think that's fair, and for Pokemon standards, pretty good all things considered.

The bugs and technical performance definitely bring it down, but this was the first time in a long time that I ever cared about a Pokemon game's ongoing plot.

That, and all the QoL improvements for actually making your Pokemon.

Shroob

Sup?
Tbh if they wanna ban genned mons then ban the distributor, not the reciever.
Tell that to all the people who went to the World Championships in Japan paying money for plane tickets and board only for them to have a last minute hack check lmao.

I'm certain a good chunk of the Legendaries I gts'd for for my living dex are genned, which is why I'm way too nervous to use them online.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Normal Miku & Chatot

also I got back into Pokémon Violet recently, and:
dang they really went hard on that ending.

I was spoiled about Turo being an AI, but I wasn’t expecting this. I also positively hoped the original Turo was still alive, even if he was stuck in the future anyway, but nah, my positivity was crushed quick.

oh and the sudden shift from the emotional moments to Ed Sheeran was kinda funny.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Normal Miku & Chatot

also I got back into Pokémon Violet recently, and:
dang they really went hard on that ending.

oh and the sudden shift from the emotional moments to Ed Sheeran was kinda funny.
Miku is going to teach Chatot to say Pipebomb.

Shroob

Sup?
Chatot in 2006:

Being used by kids to say inapproiate and racist things

Chatot in 2023:

Being used by shiny hunters to RNG Manipulate the game

Talk about a glow up of character.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ya looking forward to Cage Match in October?
Sorta. Difference between the two is that Snow Blind has two of my favorite MK characters as the leads with Sub-Zero and Kenshi and gives Kano a chance to be a main villain again since Special Forces, while Cage Match is about Johnny, who's alright and Shinnok who's one of my least favorite villains. So the characters involved interest me less. But that's how it goes sometimes.

This does make me wish they had a full TV series that covered MK1-Armageddon + a retooled MKX. Battle for the Realms could've been way cooler if they didn't jam so much into a single film. But the Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Liu Kang triple threat was Raw so it gets some points there.

Chatot in 2006:

Being used by kids to say inappropriate and racist things

Chatot in 2023:

Not unless you guarantee certain Pokemon's colors by saying a slur relating to their color. Then it's a mega glow-down.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*end of the direct….

Everyone: “wow that was kinda average”

“One more thing”

Starts playing.

“Pokémon Colosseum Gales coming 2024!

Everyone:

“10/10 DIRECT BABY!”

Unfortunately it’s things that will never happen but should.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
*end of the direct….

Everyone: “wow that was kinda average”

“One more thing”

Starts playing.

“Pokémon Colosseum Gales coming 2024!

Everyone:

“10/10 DIRECT BABY!”

Unfortunately it’s things that will never happen but should.
You will be hearing me scream through the phone if the orre region games return

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Chatot in 2006:

Being used by kids to say inapproiate and racist things

Chatot in 2023:

What???

In scarlet and violet?

How does that work?
You will be hearing me scream through the phone if the orre region games return
They need to return. If we can get snap back, the Orre games and Ranger series can return.

Get like Monolith Soft or something to make the world of Orre with how big it felt.

Either limit Overworld encounters or just get back to the older ways to find Pokémon.

That way you can probably keep a good frame rate and build a world that feels fun enough ti explore and modernized enough.

Shroob

Sup?
What???

In scarlet and violet?

How does that work?

They need to return. If we can get snap back, the Orre games and Ranger series can return.

Get like Monolith Soft or something to make the world of Orre with how big it felt.

Either limit Overworld encounters or just get back to the older ways to find Pokémon.

That way you can probably keep a good frame rate and build a world that feels fun enough ti explore and modernized enough.
Chatot isn't in Scarlet/Violet lmao.

Reactions: Z25

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I really hate that Persona 5 didnt get a team up plot with Persona 4 the same way Persona 4 got one with 3.

I would love to see how the Persona 4 gang look during the Persona 5 time period (5 or so years, since Persona 4 takes place in 2011 and 5 takes place in 2016), the only one we see is Rise because she released a new album during the events of P5 and a poster of it can be seen in Shibuya.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Movie was ****ing robbed. The movie is fantastic and deserved soo much more.

Honestly just waiting for tomorrow night to start filling up the Kitakami dex. There have been like, zero leaks since the original ones from a week ago.

Though apparently that Khu person says they've seen Paradox Entei and Terrakion and Entei is nowhere near as crazy as people are expecting it to be compared to Walking Wake/Raging BoltGreat Neck
Hmm, expecting something like a Ceratopsidae or Ankylosaur for Paradox Entei then, as a design off of those two would be similar enough to Entei to not look as distinct as the other Dino Beasts. Still could be cool though depending on how it's handled.

Shroob

Sup?
Me and my friend went on a walk around where we're staying in Tokyo and it's a really nice place

We got a pastry in 7/11 and it's both cheaper and way tastier than the convenience stores pastries in Israel
You gotta take pics if you're able. I totally wanna live vicariously through you by fulfilling a dream of mine

I mean, see the sights... yeah!

Shroob

Sup?
Was it previously known that to do the Indigo disc dlc you had to complete both the main game and the teal mask's story fully?

Cause I had just learned that tonight.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh. Is the DLC out? Guess it's time to boot up the old switch.

Edit: oh its not until tonight, my bad. Oh well, might as well play some cause the buttons on the pro controller are way different from the Xbox's.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Had beef bowl for the first time.

I had it at what seems like a chain and it was very cheap so I wasn't expecting much but it was surprisingly delicious and comforting. It's just rice, beef and some fried onions but it filled me up just enough and gave me the slight energy boost I needed. I can't wait to taste a genuinely great one

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Persona 4 feels like Scooby Doo almost.

Persona 3 feels 'slightly' closer to how the original 2 Persona gamers were narratively.
The P4 gang being anime Scooby-Doo is how I can’t help but see them as. Only differences being that there’s a couple naughty boys and most of them are hella hungry…also the whole “not having a God like Shaggy” thing

Top Bottom