• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Except the character select screen would still have a blank space if this is everything.
It might just be a random select slot. All the other games had it.
Every time I see a game clip from Mortal Kombat, I have a hard time believing these are actual, professional fighting game animations that a big studio made real money for.
Just think what video game animation will be 10 years from now...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I still don't get where people are coming from with that complaint.
All characters look so stiff since they hardly ever bend their torsos when jumping or otherwise performing dramatic actions. Their bodies are not animated when they move which decreases the impact of movement. Character models aren't stretched, squashed, or bent to emphasize the attacks or hits. Also, everyone is constantly facing directly to the side or to the screen with no in-between makes the key poses boring and uniform.

Overall, it looks like action dolls are fighting instead of actual fighters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Was it previously known that to do the Indigo disc dlc you had to complete both the main game and the teal mask's story fully?

Cause I had just learned that tonight.
I don’t think we did. Beating the main game makes sense as you need area zero access. I guess the teal mask is needed because the new characters there are also in the indigo disk. So I guess the story ends with them inviting you to the academy.

hopefully it means indigo task will have trainers in your level and be a fairly challenging dlc.
Isn’t that much rumored direct supposed to be announced today?
With no announcement at 9 AM or 10 AM EST, it's not looking good for a Direct tomorrow.
It was never meant for tomorrow anyway. It was leaked to be Thursday by some indie dev unintentionally.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I still don't get where people are coming from with that complaint.
Imagine if someone forgot to read the principle of animation, and tried to make animation forgetting what Key poses and frames are.

That's Mortal Kombat, if any animation student went to give a Mortal Kombat animation as their homework due tomorrow, they'd get a D-, parents called, and probably expelled for mocking the professor.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don’t think we did. Beating the main game makes sense as you need area zero access. I guess the teal mask is needed because the new characters there are also in the indigo disk. So I guess the story ends with them inviting you to the academy.

hopefully it means indigo task will have trainers in your level and be a fairly challenging dlc.

It was never meant for tomorrow anyway. It was leaked to be Thursday by some indie dev unintentionally.
This Thursday, you mean?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Finally watching AOT’s final season part 3 chapter 1 since it’s dubbed and…oh wow…

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
After these two years, we're probably going to finally get the final amiibo for Ultimate.

Crazy to think its been almost two years now since Sora was revealed.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm thinking about getting the Sora amiibo, mainly due to fears of Disney might get in the way of Nintendo keeping a steady supply of it.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm back from the hospital. I will live, but movement is currently a-no.
Take it easy, Aurane. Sometime before you know it, you will be moving again.

Yeah, so the announcement will be tomorrow.
Just as I thought! I was asking on another topic if Direct announcements still happen on Wednesdays. Looks like they still do!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's always funny to see artwork I commissioned end up being reposted on different sites. Sometimes, they do bigger numbers than where the original artist or I myself had posted them. :upsidedown:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That AOT episode was ****ing ruthless…

also get good while taking time to heal up Aurane Aurane

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So I wanted to ask some gamers about the persona fighters and you guys might do. Anyway is this an easy access fighting game like soul calibur and street fighter or a difficult one like marvel vs capcom?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, that Disney movie, Treasure Planet is good to some people here?

Maybe I shall check it out.

Muppet Treasure Island is miles better, though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Feels very weird that new Smash speculation is being brought up again, but possible signs of a return keep growing
I guarantee we're not getting a season 3 pass tbh nor a Deluxe Edition for Ultimate (Base game coming with all DLC). At most it's just an amiibo for Sora.

Last edited:
Top Bottom