• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think Smash Ultimate Round 2 or whatever they want to call it exists.

I’m betting Sakurai stepped away to do his Videos and relax. But still has creative supervisor positions and is there to aid ideas if need be.

Most of the third parties In The game are easy grabs.

Like Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man, probably take little to nothing to get. If Namco comes back, then Kazuya i an another easy get. The base 3rd parties from ultimate are all from companies with extremely tight knit relationships with Nintendo. It wouldn’t be hard to secure them again.

The DLC could be trickier but Joker is owned by Sega so I’m sure a sega rep is an easy negotiable. Not sure if they would want to replace him with someone else as a third party.

Hero is someone square likely would want back and could cost a bit, but would pay off.

Banjo and Steve feel safe because Microsoft gushed about how much they wanted to be apart of the game. Steve’s mining mechanic would be tricky, but if it’s ported over, it should still be Doo able.

Sephiroth is another one that’s hit or miss. Supposedly FF7 remake is on the Switch 2 as a potential launch title. So keeping him makes sense. As for how much it costs, who knows.

Sora is another one, where he’s probably the most expensive character, but also only that other prints money. He might take longer to negotiate, but I would not be surprised if during the talks to add him or during the amiibo talks, Disney and Nintendo worked out a deal to get him back for another entry.

This could also potentially included the characters from at least fighters pass 2, depending on the development time on this entry.

If they are working off of ultimate, I think getting most of not all the content back is easy. Especially if they went all the way back to BOTW to make a tech demo of it for the switch 2. No reason for them to not see the opportunity to get a new smash out there and milk it early into the systems life cycle as a grab for people to buy it.

would the money add up? Maybe, but it’s not like they won’t make it back.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually pretty sure it's 1 hour and 30 minutes? Idk for sure.

I'll only be able to play the DLC later today but I'll be playing the heck out of it
I’m seeing a few YouTube live streams popping up for 28 minutes from now. So I don’t know, but should be soon.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If Smash news is indeed upon us, it doesn't have to be in the next Direct. Could be saving it for the Switch successor.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Coffee after 2 days straight of no caffeine and very little sleep hits different
I’m seeing a few YouTube live streams popping up for 28 minutes from now. So I don’t know, but should be soon.
Yeah I checkee and it does come out at 9 am in Japan which is in 22 minutes.

Hopefully I'll be able to play it on the bus

Shroob

Sup?
Still crossing my fingers they make Hisuian Pokemon more accessible here.

Please, just fix Stantler and H.Qwilfish's evolution method. Having to trade them back to PLA even if they have the moves in SV is soo dumb.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
holy **** Yu Narukami being treated like a sister obsessed freak should not be as funny as it is

Shroob

Sup?
"Fixed Dire Claw, Stone Axe and Ceaseless Edge stating they have higher critical hit ratios."

This time for sure.

For real.

Really, we swear.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm looking forward to what we'll be getting in Kombat Pack 2 for Mortal Kombat 1.

Also looking forward to playing Omni-Man.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The final wave of Pokémon icons is here and it is all repeats

Oh and the update is live

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Spoilers:

Momotaro.

There's your Lockstin video.
You underestimate how much that man can stretch.

Seriously his name origins videos have so many stretches in the names "root words" that the video could be cut down by 50% if he didn't use them. Heck, he does it when he comes up with his OWN pokemon! Two words sharing similar vowels does not make them the origin of this pokemon's name!

Top Bottom