• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
…seeing the Persona 3 and 4 character portraits move their mouths is freaky

also I’m glad I bought P4AU on sale the moment I saw Adachi as Joker and Yu as Makoto/Mankoto
Doorkoto…or Deadkoto…

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I dunno if anyone here plays Magic the Gathering but I just played the literal most evil game I've ever played of it.

I have a Commander format deck that is all colors, and is all about legendary cards. With the commander on the field, every time I cast a legendary spell, I exile cards from the top of my library until I find a legendary card with a lesser mana value, and can cast it for free.

I also have a very potent combination of cards that essentially in ideal circumstance gives me infinite card draw.

I cast an Enchantment, called "One With the Multiverse" that lets me look at the top card of my library any time, cast spells from the top of my library, and once a turn lets me cast a spell without paying it's mana cost. I cast it, then immediately cast the Enchantment Omniscience, which lets me cast spells from my hand for free. I had the infinite card draw combo on the field, and I had one of my three Planeswalkers (Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, specifically) on the field, which means if I mill myself out by drawing cards, instead of losing, I win.

I cast every ****ing spell in my library in one turn.

I feel DIRTY.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Also, despite being endgame there's so much I still need/want to do.
you can always dip away from all that. Instead focusing on getting more hearts and doing side mission before going full Doriyah

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Finally beat Fire Emblem Engage

Yeah this game is really good, One of my favorite Fire Emblem's even. Great gameplay, a great cast, and Yeah, the story was cheesy, but I liked it.

The discourse around this game has proven that Three Houses fans and Fire Emblem fans are 2 entirely separate groups of people.

da spoiler zone They did my man Alfred dirty though 😭

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Yeah this game is really good, One of my favorite Fire Emblem's even. Great gameplay, a great cast, and Yeah, the story was cheesy, but I liked it.

The discourse around this game has proven that Three Houses fans and Fire Emblem fans are 2 entirely separate groups of people.

Also, Give me a third Fire Emblem Warriors, that is a follow up to Engage, is an actual crossover again and also Shez is there for some reason

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yu being called “the sister-complex king of steel” was not what I expected

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I have a few ideas how I want Edge from Mario + Rabbids to play but I’m terrible at coming up with moves without a direct source. So while I know what her gimmick and specials would be; the neutrals, aerials, and smash attacks evade me because that’s not the kind of game Sparks of Hope is. It’s buggin me.
you could say that again 🤣🤣🤣
why does Smashboards say I was quoted in this post?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
why does Smashboards say I was quoted in this post?
I accidentally quoted you - I was going to respond to your post where you said you forgot you bought Bravely 2, but I never got around to it, but it stuck around in the post box and I forgot to remove it when I posted my extremely funny comment. I edited it out once i noticed, but I guess it still notified you.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Persona 4 Arena fighter titles >>>>>>> Persona 5 Phantom Thief nicknames
I’ll have to see the rest before having an opinion on this, but so far it’s possible to outdo all but Makoto’s

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay I just saw this and man, this is a really crappy take for a number of reasons.

It's great that you enjoyed Engage but you can't just brush off everyone who didn't like it as fake FE fans. I can tell youtl that there are plenty of series veterans who enjoyed Three Houses and/or disliked Engage. Like myself.

But this type of gatekeeping is also just a crappy thing to do. Did we learn nothing from the Awakening days?

Edit: I apologize if this came off as hostile, I've been a bit stressed as of late.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Still debating weather or not to get it since I like the Mario + Rabbids games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay I just saw this and man, this is a really crappy take for a number of reasons.

It's great that you enjoyed Engage but you can't just brush off everyone who didn't like it as fake FE fans. I can tell youtl that there are plenty of series veterans who enjoyed Three Houses and/or disliked Engage. Like myself.

But this type of gatekeeping is also just a crappy thing to do. Did we learn nothing from the Awakening days?

Edit: I apologize if this came off as hostile, I've been a bit stressed as of late.
Tbf I kinda get the main argument being that 3H is just such a massive part of the fanbase with people still ****ing arguing about Edelgard and Dimitri (including me lmao) while Engage constantly gets brushed aside or compared negatively despite having significantly better gameplay, arguably better replay value and letting black characters actually be voiced by black VAs.

Also of course 3H fans would gatekeep, they voted Gatekeeper in the gacha game, the mad lads
Metroid Prime 4 is the biggest cope pick of 'em all.

I get that it's like, the last bastion of Switch games that have yet to come out but like

I'm sorry but I can't imagine them dropping this on our heads and being like "Yo, 6 months fam. Get hype."
I mean, they did that with Samus Returns and Dread

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Mario Kart Tour will no longer receive new content (that is, courses, drivers, karts, and gliders) starting with the Battle Tour on October 4.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

My apologies I did not intend to come off as brushing off the criticism or say that only one group was bad or any of that

It was intended to be more of a neutral observation about how the criticisms and the general perception around Engage specifically but also Fire Emblem in general feel so different from how Three Houses was talked about and perceived and also how different the fanbase itself was. Sorry that did not come off well in my post I wrote it right before bed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Mamboo07 Mamboo07 NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy

Since you guys are kaiju fans like me, thought I'd share you my OC Titan.

Titanus Nanook.

He's a titan resembling a gigantic polar bear with what looks like icicles protruding from all over his back but they're in reality spikes.

MONARCH outpost base is the Exit Glacier in Alaska.

On all fours stands to be 60 meters tall but upright is 120 meters. Weighs 75,000 tons. Has both hydrokinetic and ice-manipulation abilities.

Also if he has patterns on his hair that look like paintings that native people wear, what it really means is that the original people are the ones who paint themselves in honor of him that worshiped as a native god.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
It's a real shame ToTK isn't getting DLC because going by the story, there is a slam dunk on a potential DLC adventure.

Zelda's adventures in the past, it's pratically already set up may as well go all the way
To be honest I understand it, since supposedly Switch 1 lifespan is nearing the end somewhat, and the successor is supposed to be next year or so. So it makes sense they might not want to invest in DLC for now when they've got a new console up.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ya know, the fact that I'm getting snippy is probably a sign I need a break from the boards.

I'm in a really tight financial situation right now, I have a hrt appointment approaching fast (that my family still doesn't know about), and I've been fighting off an illness.

I'm just...a little out of it.

See you guys in 3-8 days.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ya know, the fact that I'm getting snippy is probably a sign I need a break from the boards.

I'm in a really tight financial situation right now, I have a hrt appointment approaching fast (that my family still doesn't know about), and I've been fighting off an illness.

I'm just...a little out of it.

See you guys in 3-8 days.
Take care friend, mental health should always be prioritized over voddy game forum, get well soon too

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Tbf I kinda get the main argument being that 3H is just such a massive part of the fanbase with people still ****ing arguing about Edelgard and Dimitri (including me lmao) while Engage constantly gets brushed aside or compared negatively despite having significantly better gameplay, arguably better replay value and letting black characters actually be voiced by black VAs.

Also of course 3H fans would gatekeep, they voted Gatekeeper in the gacha game, the mad lads
Engage has no real replay value and all it has for gameplay is a little bit more quality of life, FE gameplay has never been anything worth praising. No NG+ was a stupid decision in conjunction with the decision to de-emphasize grinding. Except the game has plenty of things you'd want to grind for so it just stands out as an exceptionally stupid decision.

It gets brushed aside because the writing is generally unimpactful garbage even if it never does reach the lows of either of Dimitri's routes in Houses or Hopes. It does have a few of it's moments in the story and the supports are generally good but the supports are a pain to grind for because the game is badly designed around grinding in the first place and the story never comes close to hitting the highs that Houses or Hopes did either.

Engage fans just have sour grapes because the game had no impact. All it has over Houses is being a colourful game, not having AM/AG tier writing and doing better with getting the right VAs for the characters. The same people going "It'S bEeN fOuR yEaRs!" would have a heart attack if they saw people talking about any other older media they enjoyed but that's only if they weren't being intentionally dishonest.

I mean, they did that with Samus Returns and Dread
Prime 4 isn't being made by the dudes that **** out three of the worst Castlevania games and has way more expectations surrounding it.

Shroob

Sup?
So MK Tour is in maintenance mode huh.

That's yet another of Nintendo's mobile games about to die.

Y'all ain't telling me that somehow out of all of them that the Annimal Crossing one survived the longest.

And FEH too I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom