• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Possibly fake Direct leak I found but thought it was worth talking about.
It definitely lines up with Pyoro is teasing at. News of Gotham Knight being rated by the ESRB for Switch today makes this more believable (no idea how this game would run on Switch without resorting to cloud though).

If Nintendo announces a Direct with this exact date and time, then this'll truly stay on my radar.
How reliable is the guy who leaked this

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It definitely lines up with Pyoro is teasing at. News of Gotham Knight being rated by the ESRB for Switch today makes this more believable (no idea how this game would run on Switch without resorting to cloud though).

If Nintendo announces a Direct with this exact date and time, then this'll truly stay on my radar.
This is some of the most obvious piggybacking.
This wouldn't have Another Code, F-Zero or MvDK on there if Pyoro hadn't said those games were coming nor would it have the title of the peach game pegged as showtime. Also XCX Definitive isn't happening, they've said it's too expensive

Really? I heard he is very reliable.

But as Noipoi Noipoi said, he did get the date for Mario RPG wrong.
No, the image was made by some rando on 4chan, not an actual leaker

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
now to check out Persona 4 Arena Ultimax…probably the least depressing Persona 3 story of all time

Shroob

Sup?
Metroid Prime 4 is the biggest cope pick of 'em all.

I get that it's like, the last bastion of Switch games that have yet to come out but like

I'm sorry but I can't imagine them dropping this on our heads and being like "Yo, 6 months fam. Get hype."

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, about the Direct, place your bets...(though some here did answer on another thread)

Tomorrow or Tuesday for the announcement?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Any leak that does all of this stuff with the games at the times that they're showing in the presentation is 100% fake.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway if this is about to be an average direct, then yeah,

I think Prime 4 is a 90% lock for the closer. It will be a full gameplay teaser of a boss fight or something and everyone will go:

“how is this running on the switch?”

And that’s because the version we see won’t be the switch one. It will be the upgraded launcher title version of the game on switch 2.

The trailer will end showing the switch logo and a beta logo for the temp name of the switch 2.

Like how games had the NX logo on them before we knew it was switch.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Where are the farming sims???

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Playing Super Mario 3D Land for the first time. Just got to World 8. Man I wish we got more Marios like this after 3D World. So much fun!

Just wish it had more interesting level theming.

StormC

Smash Hero
Playing Super Mario 3D Land for the first time. Just got to World 8. Man I wish we got more Marios like this after 3D World. So much fun!

Just wish it had more interesting level theming.
Ideally EPD was big enough that we could have course-based and sandbox-based 3D Mario released simultaneously, kind of like how RE alternates third person remakes and new first person games.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Any leak that does all of this stuff with the games at the times that they're showing in the presentation is 100% fake.
Except that one time when we had the switch presents leaked in a similar format, minus time stamps.

Although there was one leak from someone posting a picture of their like windows 97 ass Pc that had the entire direct lineup pulled up in folders and order of their showcase in the direct.

All while running poker at the same time lmao.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ideally EPD was big enough that we could have course-based and sandbox-based 3D Mario released simultaneously, kind of like how RE alternates third person remakes and new first person games.
Like they actually would though. They have the resources to please all their fans all the time and they don't because of "the art". And the Money.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Like they actually would though. They have the resources to please all their fans all the time and they don't because of "the art". And the Money.
I don't necessarily agree lol

We know Nintendo has been aggressively hiring over the last few years for their internal studios, they still have some growing pains from HD in terms of catching up to their previous output

I'd say it's more mismanagement than anything else, it's hard to just throw money and bodies at projects and hope they turn out good without proper supervision, aka Brooks's law

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

"What you just saw was Mario Vs Donkey Kong: Mini Massacre. A brand new title in the Mario Vs Donkey Kong series."

"...But, is this the only new title starring Donkey Kong?"

"Please, have a look at this."

SNAP
Donkey Kongs 3, Let’s ****ing go!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yes you do
I tried playing it on the 3D All-Stars collection and I got frustrated with using the touch screen so I tried playing it on the TV and I could not wrap my head around how the gyro cursor even worked. Flailing my arms all over the place and the cursor never did anything I wanted it to.

I'll try again in handheld mode.

Top Bottom