• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While the collaborations have been really cool, I honestly can never get myself to enjoy Brawlhalla. A lot of the characters feeling the same doesn't help that either.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of which (Pokemon and the possible Direct), do you think we will get something about the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC in the new Direct? Just wondering.
Maybe a quick brush up on The Indigo Disk like a full release date but I'm not expecting much more beyond that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Y'know I have never played these games so how about you hype them up? Might get me a new game to play on the bus if you do a good enough sales pitch
Both games have drawing mechanics where you design your own heroes. You also get to design various power-ups and other objects throughout both games, even platforms and vehicles. Drawing elements are a consistent mechanic and narrative theme in both games.

You get a variety of unique and fun power-ups in both games and a variety of levels so the gameplay is always changing things up and doesn't get stale without changing too jarringly.

Combat is a little different in both games, and both games have largely different content and gameplay outside of the drawing mechanic, making both very worth playing.

The games are respectably challenging without being overly frustrating, (well, for the most part. I haven't played the games in a while so it's possible that they aren't quite as difficult as I remember. The original is definitely the more challenging of the two, however).

The boss fights are especially fun.

The OSTs are a bop, especially in the Spongebob Edition.

The original game has a solid and surprisingly intriguing storyline that continues into two sequels. Whether you like the gameplay itself or not, it's easy to get invested in the game's story and characters.

The Spongebob Edition brings back Doodlebob. 'Nuff said.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If I see one more “Erm, what would you do if they announced SSBU Deluxe FP3 & Knuckles UwU” post.

Cry. The answer is always cry.
So, everyone, what would you do if a SSBU Deluxe version was announced?

Sorry, but I had to. :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Not these two, but I have played DTL The Next Chapter.

The ending and the song still gets me
I unfortunately never did get a chance to play the sequel back when it was new admittedly, but I'm aware of the storyline in the sequel, and man, does it get heavy.

I might still try to get the sequels someday. I know the third game's on Steam at least.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If I see one more “Erm, what would you do if they announced SSBU Deluxe FP3 & Knuckles UwU” post.

Cry. The answer is always cry.
what would you do if they announced an SSBU port involving every single character in all of gaming & Knuckles and John Cena?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Speaking of games that are both licensed and not alike, how many of you here played these back in the day?

These may have been some of the best third party games on the DS.
I liked this one, a bit on the easy side but having to draw everything yourself turns it into an enjoyable experience. I've never played its sequel, but it has always intrigued me because of its ending.
Never played the SpongeBob one, in fact, until I read your post I didn't know that game was even a thing.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I need all game companies outside of Nintendo to compress the **** out of their games for once

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Dude. The build radius in Starfield is ****ing enormous.

I don't know if build limit could allow it but if it could, you could put a god damn city right on Mars.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I forgot. Such an announcement probably would drive some people off the boards.
Eh I'm probably just being dramatic.

I've been thinking about leaving for a long time but this is the only place I have to really talk about video games and other nerdy stuff. So I'd probably come crawling back.

Besides, my other options are like...Discord, Reddit, Twitter...yeah no. And I guess I used to be a Serebii regular but that means pokemon fans, and these days they might be even worse then Smash fans tbh.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wish Nintendo would bother to localize the Japan-only games that they put on the US/Europe NSO services.

It doesn't have to be the entire game, the important parts will do (hell, put a mini guide in the game's description if that's too much)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wish Nintendo would bother to localize the Japan-only games that they put on the US/Europe NSO services.

It doesn't have to be the entire game, the important parts will do (hell, put a mini guide in the game's description if that's too much)
Silly gaijin! If we did that we'd have to charge $60 for it and only release it for a limited time!

Shroob

Sup?
I am excited for the DLC.

I'm not getting my hopes up or anything, all I really want is for them to make getting into on-cart competitive easier.

They always make huge strides in doing so, but as soon as they lift the regional dex clause, that basically goes out the window completely with a big helping of "Go buy the older games to get the one Pokemon you're missing."

Top Bottom