• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KillerCage

Smash Master
I don't usually go on a rant about Sonic characters, but some dude on fallout 76 got me into arguing with him over which Amy design is better, and I told him it's the classic one but he was adamant in persuading me it was that red skirt underwear-showing **** design. Ultimately I muted him because he was just completely up my ass about it but then he sent me an Xbox message.

You Sonic fans. I swear to God. You would absolutely down a batch of chili dogs to die for your blue savior. I hate you.
I'm a Sonic fan, but I'll be the first to admit that the Sonic fandom has a significantly higher percentage of bad eggs than most fandoms.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Direct Predictions:
Mario will be there
Gamecube game remaster that's reasonably priced
Surprise remake that is unreasonably priced
Pokemon
Montage #1
Shovelware that gets a 5 minute spot for no reason
A decent looking Squenix game that they won't promite and will flop om release (which is in 3 months)
Square Enix/High End RPG port that has has Kingdom Hearts fans coping, seething, and malding
Montage #2
Surprise announcement at the end

KillerCage

Smash Master
First look at the new trailer for the Chicken Run sequel!
I grew up with the original Chicken Run, but something about this teaser is rubbing me the wrong way.
If I had to guess, it seems to be more cartoonish than the original film.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
New NSO titles

SNES:
Kirby Star Stacker

NES:
Joy Mech Fight
Downtown Nekketsu March?

Game Boy Color:
Quest for Camelot

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I made a Mario Kart with both the characters and the tracks. The characters are listed as Double Dash style pairs but of course you'd be able to match anyone with anyone.

Characters
  • Mario & Luigi
  • Princess Peach & Princess Daisy
  • Toad & Toadette
  • Yoshi & Birdo
  • Rosalina & Pauline
  • Poochy & Polterpup
  • Cappy & Prince Florian
  • Toadsworth & Professor E. Gadd
  • Geno & Mallow
  • Starlow & Vivian
  • Bowser & Bowser Jr.
  • Koopalings (All In One Car) & Broodals (All In One Car)
  • Goomba Tower & Koopa Troopa
  • Shy Guy & Ninji
  • Boom Boom & Pom Pom
  • Petey Piranha & King Bob-omb
  • Nabbit & Popple
  • Dry Bowser & Dry Bones
  • Wart & Tatanga
  • King Boo & Helen Gravely
  • Fawful & Dimentio
  • Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong
  • Dixie Kong & Candy Kong
  • Tiny Kong & Chunky Kong
  • Funky Kong & Lanky Kong
  • Cranky Kong & Foreman Spike
  • King K. Rool & Krunch
  • Jumpman & Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Wario & Waluigi
  • Captain Syrup & Princess Shokora
  • Ashley & Jimmy T
  • Baby Mario & Baby Luigi
  • Baby Peach & Baby Daisy
  • Kamek & Baby Bowser
  • Papa Mario & Mama Mario
  • Link (The Legend of Zelda) & Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
  • Isabelle (Animal Crossing) & Steve (Minecraft)
  • Kirby (Kirby) & Samus Aran (Metroid)
  • Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon) & Inkling (Splatoon)
  • Fox McCloud (Star Fox) & Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic) & Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
  • Timber the Tiger (Diddy Kong Racing) & Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
  • Mii & R.O.B.

New Tracks
  • Mario Circuit: This time it’s themed after the overworld map from Super Mario Land 2, and we’re racing on Mario’s private island.
  • Luigi’s Last Resort: You drive upwards through the floors of the Last Resort hotel from Luigi’s Mansion 3.
  • Peach’s Castle: After a brief stint on the outside of Peach’s Castle, you then go inside and into one of the paintings taking you into one of the Mario 64 levels at random. There are more than 3 options, so the track has lots of replayability.
  • Sarasaland Speedway: Each of the three laps takes you through a different area of Sarasaland. Lap 1 has you drive through the Birabuto Kingdom, lap 2 takes you underwater through the Muda Kingdom and across the islands of the Easton Kingdom, and finally Lap 3 has you finish up in the Chai Kingdom and the finish line at Daisy’s Palace.
  • Walleye Tumble Temple: An adaptation of the level of the same name from Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker. The track is meant to evoke the game’s unique camera system by having lots of sharp turns and alternate vertical level paths.
  • Comet Observatory: Making use of Launch Stars and Anti-Gravity, you drive across the Comet Observatory, the nearby Starship Mario, and a few nearby planetoids from Super Mario Galaxy with differing terrains and hazards.
  • New Donk Freeway: New Donk City at night during a heavy thunderstorm. Neither the rain, the lightning, nor the attacking Mechawiggler will do anything to end the heavy traffic.
  • Delfino Cruise: Taking the iconic locations from Mario Sunshine and sticking them together in rough accordance with the island’s actual geography and making one long track that takes you around the entire island.
  • Dino Dino Island: Based explicitly on Super Mario World and featuring enemies from that game like Rexes, Reznors, Dino-Rinos, Blarggs, Eeries, Dolphins, and Swoopers. Features a section on the coastline, a section underwater, a section in a cave, a section in a volcano, and then ends in the jungle before going out to the beach again.
  • X-Naut X-Press: The X-Naut fortress on the moon. Sir Grodus, Lord Crump, Beldam, and Marilyn all try to disrupt the race in their own ways.
  • Bowser’s Inside Story: Based around the game of the same name and driving around the most unique setting in the Mario franchise.
  • Bowser’s Wonder Castle: I’m assuming there will be levels actually set inside the giant castle Bowser turns into in Mario Wonder. So this track will be based on that.
  • Tryclyde Desert: A massive Tryclyde at the center of the desert surrounded by pyramids and flying carpets.
  • Kongo Jungle: Themed around the original Donkey Kong Country with a darker color pallet and enemies featured in the first game like Gnawties, Armies, Neckies, Zingers, and Kritters. Set pieces include DK’s original treehouse, his banana horde, and the mountain peek shaped like his face. Bananas replace the coins.
  • Yoshi’s Island Circuit: A combination of the classic Yoshi Circuit track in the shape of a Yoshi and the new Yoshi’s Island track themed around the iconic SNES game. Also features the unique Yoshi coins.
  • Wario’s Kitchen Island: Kitchen Island after Wario took it over and built it’s castle on it. Captain Syrup’s ship is still docked here and other set-pieces from Wario Land 1 are here.
  • WarioWare, Inc: A factory track with set-pieces and hazards based on the micro-games and characters from the WarioWare series.
  • Arcade Circuit: Drive on the girders from Donkey Kong, through the sewers from Mario Bros, and up the buildings from Wrecking Crew,
  • Mario Sports Stadium: A Massive Stadium with multiple sports being played at once. Golf, Tennis, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, and more all attempt to hinder your driving.
  • Rainbow Road: This time it’s explicitly themed around both the Star Road from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and the Star Spirits/Star Sprites from Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi. While still maintaining an aspect of it’s usual space theme, it now has a much more spiritual theme to reflect this change.

Retro Tracks
  • Mario Circuit 3 (SNES)
  • Choco Mountain (N64)
  • Cheese Land (GBA)
  • Ribbon Road (GBA)
  • Baby Park (GCN)
  • Waluigi Stadium (GCN)
  • Daisy Cruiser (GCN)
  • Moo Moo Meadows (Wii)
  • Coconut Mall (Wii)
  • Maple Treeway (Wii)
  • Mushroom Gorge (Wii)
  • Tick-Tock Clock (DS)
  • Waluigi Pinball (DS)
  • Music Park (3DS)
  • Neo Bowser City (3DS)
  • Cloudtop Cruise (Wii U)
  • Athens Dash (Mobile)
  • Ninja Hideaway (Switch)
  • Sky High Sundae (Switch)
  • Squeaky Clean Sprint (Switch)

Crossover Tracks
  • Hyrule Circuit (Wii U)
  • Animal Crossing (Wii U)
  • Excitebike Arena (Wii U)
  • Mute City (Wii U)
  • Big Blue (Wii U)
  • Wuhu Loop (3DS)
  • Maka Wuhu (3DS)
  • Ancient Lake (N64) [Note: Originally from Diddy Kong Racing, banana’s replace coins.]
  • Star City (N64) [Note: Originally from Diddy Kong Racing, banana’s replace coins.]
  • Pac-Labyrinth (Arcade) [Note: Power Pellets now replace coins]
  • Race of the Wild: Based on Breath of the Wild and featuring set pieces from that game.
  • New Horizons: The same gimmick as the original Animal Crossing track but it’s based on New Horizons.
  • Inkopolis 500: A racetrack custom built by the Inklings to show off their unique flair for racing set in their own major city, Inkopolis, Power Eggs replace the coins.
  • City Trial: Just take the City Trial map from Air Ride and make a fun Mario Kart style rollercoaster ride out of it. Star Coins replace the coins.
  • Kanto Circuit: A guided tour of the Kanto Region featuring all of it’s most iconic Pokémon! The Pokémon Dollar coins from Scarlet/Violet replace the coins.
  • Cornerian Assault: Using your glider, the backs of enemy vehicles and Arwing, and the tops of buildings, this track takes place almost entirely in the air. Supply Rings replace the coins.
  • Zebes Circuit: Based around the map from the first Metroid game, and by extension Super Metroid. Starting on the surface before diving below into the caves system and triggering the explosion escape sequence on the final lap. Energy Capsules replace coins.
  • Green Hill Zone: There has never been a Green Hill Zone race track in any Sonic Racing game that mattered, surprisingly enough. So we use it here, taking a mix of its set pieces from its many appearances. Rings replace Coins.
  • Mako Reactor Rush: Based on the iconic Mako Reactor attack scenes from Final Fantasy VII, both summons from FF7 and Shinra Mechs attack the track. Materia Orbs replace the coins.
  • Minecraft Cruise: Similar to the Animal Crossing track, this track is a rather simple Minecraft themes racetrack that can randomly select a handful of biomes to mix itself up a little. Minecraft chests replace the item boxes and Minecoins replace the coins.

Shroob

Sup?
Direct Predictions:
Mario will be there
Gamecube game remaster that's reasonably priced
Surprise remake that is unreasonably priced
Pokemon
Montage #1
Shovelware that gets a 5 minute spot for no reason
A decent looking Squenix game that they won't promite and will flop om release (which is in 3 months)
Square Enix/High End RPG port that has has Kingdom Hearts fans coping, seething, and malding
Montage #2
Surprise announcement at the end
This is how you know this won't happen.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What is Quest for Camelot doing here?
Never thought I would hear that movie again.
Kirby Star Stacker - Technically we got the GB version overseas, so it's not really a new game, but it's nice to see here. The Masked Dedede theme actually debuted as the final battle theme for this game.

Kunio-Kun - I assume it's a solid game like the rest of the NES series. I'm pretty sure you can probably buy the English Translated version by itself on the eShop or as apart of the official collection.

Quest for Camelot - WTF? I guess licensed games have a shot at showing up now. Fingers crossed we get Sunsoft's Batman. I have no idea of this is good or not.

Joy Mech Fight - I bought a copy while I was overseas and have really enjoyed what I've played of it. It's definitely the best fighting game on NES for whatever that is worth. Very much in the mold of SF2.

I'm especially glad it's now on the Online Service with Save States as there are around 36 total playable characters that are mostly unlockables.

I hope they remember to include the special move input motions in the manual. Thankfully it's more SF than SNK pretzel motions from what I remember.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Quest for Camelot - WTF? I guess licensed games have a shot at showing up now. Fingers crossed we get Sunsoft's Batman. I have no idea of this is good or not.
Apparently this one was published by Nintendo themselves so that explains it. Still surprised to see a licensed game that wasn't Goldeneye regardless. And why'd it take this long to add Joy Mech Fight if it's already been on Famicom Online for years?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Top Bottom